PDA

View Full Version : My 6-month LHC Progress!! :D

JamieLeigh
April 15th, 2009, 09:33 AM
This is not your normal show-your-length-progress thread. My hair was near classic when I got here, and I'm pretty sure I'd have reached it regardless since I've had fairly normal growth. :) BUT since coming here, I've learned a lot of things about how to take better care of the mane I've got, and I went from plain old scrunchies and elastics and hair clips to this:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2931&pictureid=36862
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2931&pictureid=36863
To me, learning new uses for items I already had, and gaining insight into hair stick styles which are far better protective for hair than elastics and clips, is more of a progress journey than my hair length. It's always been long, it will always BE long.....but the information I've gathered here in 6 months' time will make all the difference in the future. Thanks everyone for making it a very pleasant 6 months! :flower:

(Besides, if you're curious about my length change from October to April, I'm fairly sure all of my albums are public. If not, add me as a contact and you can view them with no problem. :D)

Stephanie
April 15th, 2009, 09:37 AM
That's great! Congratulations. Learning how to style my hair comfortably and "safely" was a major component of my happiness with my hair. Good, high quality toys make it fun.

janeytilllie
April 15th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Congratulations :cheer:
Your hair toy collection is lovely! :D I love the star wars hairstick :)

JamieLeigh
April 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you Stephanie. :)

Thank you janeytilllie - it's my favorite, along with the 2 d20 sticks in the first photo. I'm such a geek. :o

Heidi_234
April 15th, 2009, 09:53 AM
You're quick to follow ;) hehe
Congratulations! :flowers:

LHGypsyRose
April 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Beautiful collection Jamie!:) I have to say that I have also learned a whole lot around here, especially about all the different hair goodies out there. My collection is still small for the time being, but it's growing and I will be catching up with you soon;)

Roseate
April 15th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Nice loot! I love that twisty stick in the first photo, and the d20's make such nice beads! I can't wait for my hair to be stick-length again.

JamieLeigh
April 15th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks, Heidi - you BARELY beat me here! ;)

Thank you as well Gypsy - I'm the one who should be catching up with you! 6 months will fly by, but look at all that gorgeous hair!! :D

JamieLeigh
April 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Nice loot! I love that twisty stick in the first photo, and the d20's make such nice beads! I can't wait for my hair to be stick-length again.

Thanks! I got that one from Gladtobemom. It's the easiest one to put in, thanks to the corkscrew. :D (The swap board is awesome!!!! ;))

LHGypsyRose
April 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Thank you as well Gypsy - I'm the one who should be catching up with you! 6 months will fly by, but look at all that gorgeous hair!! :D

Yeah, we could almost be hair twins before too long! Grow Jamie Grow!:cheer:

1nuitblanche
April 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
The butterfly hairtoy is so pretty. And I'm glad that you've learned new ways to enjoy (and protect) your hair over the past 6 months. :-)

melrose1985
April 15th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I can't wait till my collection looks like that!

KajiKodomo
April 15th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Congrats! You have a nice selection of hairtoys! :D

CurlyCare
April 16th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Thank you Stephanie. :)

Thank you janeytilllie - it's my favorite, along with the 2 d20 sticks in the first photo. I'm such a geek. :o

I MUST MUST know where you got both the Lego R2D2 stick and the d20s. I'm pretty sure my husband will actually love me more if I wear such things.

paper
April 16th, 2009, 02:16 PM
You have pretty hair toys. I always enjoy your post, heres to another 6 months! :toast:

plainjanegirl
April 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I admit I still use scrunchies and elastics and small bobby pins. My hair does not get along with hair sticks very well , or maybe it's me.
I have two claw clips like the jumbo one on the left in your first pic but I rarely use them ( so even the cheap stuff I don't get along with). I have seen something like the brown plastic hair toy at walmart so I am curious how do you use it ( your hair is longer than mine) , could you maybe show me a pic ?

JamieLeigh
April 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I admit I still use scrunchies and elastics and small bobby pins. My hair does not get along with hair sticks very well , or maybe it's me.
I have two claw clips like the jumbo one on the left in your first pic but I rarely use them ( so even the cheap stuff I don't get along with). I have seen something like the brown plastic hair toy at walmart so I am curious how do you use it ( your hair is longer than mine) , could you maybe show me a pic ?

I actually got the brownish one in a set of two at Walmart, so it's very likely that you saw the same one. They're rather small, so I either have to wear them together in one style, or separately with a portion of my hair only. This photo shows that I twisted about 1/4 of my length around and clasped the black one in, then wound the rest of my length around the outside of it. This is the only photo I have of this/these clips so far in action (sorry it's so messy!! This was post-wash day):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2615&pictureid=36038

JamieLeigh
April 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks everyone who responded. I love this site and I'm glad I found it. :)