PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Nikilata
April 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Everyone. My name is Nikki. I was here poking around trying to figure out what to do with my poor hair. I had to take off 4" today because it had become so straggly:( I have some thyroid issues along with other medical problems which are just killing my hair.
So I am here to poke around, hopefully ask a few questions and try to get my hair to look decent again.

Runzel
April 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hi Nikki! I'm new around here too. Welcome! I hope the information and nice people here can help you out to getting your hair happy again. :)

renarok
April 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hello Nikilata, Welcome to LHC. There is lots of great advice to be had here.

I know lots of members including myself also have thyroid issues.

Are you shedding? Is your hair brittle?

Nikilata
April 14th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hello Nikilata, Welcome to LHC. There is lots of great advice to be had here.

I know lots of members including myself also have thyroid issues.

Are you shedding? Is your hair brittle?

My shedding seems to have finally slowed. I lost at least half of my hair thickness from it though:( I was losing handfuls of hair, if my kids brushed their hand down my hair it would just flow out. My stylist today commented on how thin it had gotten. Thankfully I started out with seriously thick hair or else I think I would be bald.
It is also very brittle. It breaks very easily and I have a lot of those little hairs that frizz when hair has been broken. I hate those!

LHGypsyRose
April 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I am sorry to learn of your hair troubles and I hope that you can find the information you need on here. Welcome to the forum!:flower:

Natalia
April 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hello! Im sorry for the trouble youve been having with your thyroid and other problems :( but were glad to have you here :D. I havent been around to long so im still sorting out all the massive amount of information on here but what i have found has helped me ALOT! The articles section is a great place to start and the search function is awesome just be aware some shorter words wont work :P. I hope you find what your looking for :)

<3 Natalia