PDA

View Full Version : I just got this crazy idea...

Fethenwen
April 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
What if I would bleach my hair? It is still quite dark from the continuous hennaing. I've been using 100% natural henna all the time. I have now found out about Sante hair color, which includes cassia, henna etc. and has a nice color range, I would love to have a lighter red sort of hair. But those colors being 100% natural don't lighten hair.
I wonder if it would be a bad idea to bleach my hair just once to get my natural color back. I would not need to bleach it much.
I was wondering if any of you know what sort of conventional hair color would be the best? I really feel uneasy about the thought of bleaching, but my hair is in good shape and it is not that long yet, so maybe it would not bring the world down.

morguebabe
April 14th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Bleach over henna or indigo isn't a good idea....
(See my album for this subject)....

Also bleach really dries your hair..and unless your natural color is a greenish yellow it won't work.

Nightshade
April 14th, 2009, 08:30 AM
You could try Sun-In, it lightened me up several shades (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19317). However, I have NO Idea what that will do with indigo, it may well go green, so I'd advocate strand testing :flowers:

wintersun99
April 14th, 2009, 08:43 AM
A few years ago, I put highlights into my henna'd hair with NO problems. Lightened up to a very pretty strawberry blonde. However, I used only 100% BAQ henna and had NO indigo in my hair. So, if you want to go a shade lighter, maybe try this rather than bleaching your entire head. Not as damaging, although will still be some. Always strand test.

Addy
April 14th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I just looked at your pics and I must say your hair is a beautiful shade of red! I really wouldn't want to see you ruin it with bleach! I'm afraid if you do do it, it would come out an un-uniformed mess of different colors. You aren't even guarentteed a lift with the henna on your hair either.

I wish you well with finding your color but I don't think bleach is the way to go.

Fethenwen
April 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Hm, sun in could do the trick, but I don't think there's any around here of that. Thanks for your comments, I think I will think this through a lot before actually going through with any bleaching. Best would be not to do it I guess. Yeah, it would be quite an unnecessary process, I'm quite happy with my current color even if it is a bit dark.

Nightshade
April 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hm, sun in could do the trick, but I don't think there's any around here of that. Thanks for your comments, I think I will think this through a lot before actually going through with any bleaching. Best would be not to do it I guess. Yeah, it would be quite an unnecessary process, I'm quite happy with my current color even if it is a bit dark.

I didn't use the sun, I used a hair dryer :) My method was in the thread I linked earlier. Couldn't hurt for a strand test anyway :flowers:

ratgirldjh
April 14th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I hope you don't do it. Your hair in your profile pictures is beautiful the color it is...
:D

heidi w.
April 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM
What if you visited and only consulted with (don't agree to do anything and don't do anything impulsively) a professional colorist to understand the options to achieve what you are looking for?

Color is chemistry.

I do not recommend bleaching to anyone. There are better options than bleach and you wouldn't achieve what your goal is as you outline in this thread, anyway, I suspect.

heidi w.

heidi w.
April 14th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Bleaching is a mechanism that removes color from strands. For one.

I have no idea how this would work after any usage of henna or indigo.

heidi w.

Isilme
April 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM
bleaching is very very damaging. And henna is hard to bleach out. If you want it a lighter red, go with Nightshade's advise. But if you want your natural haircolour back, grow it out.

HeatherMae
April 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I just looked at your pictures too. I also think that your hair is gorgeous!

Though I know what its like to get an idea in your head, I'm sure you know what it is that you would like for your hair. Hope that you find a good way to get the look your hoping for. :)

I'm sorry that I don't have any good advice for you.

Good Luck!!