PDA

View Full Version : 2 braids @ age 63

Patty lou
April 13th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I was flipping thru the TV channels the other night and on the Home Shopping Network (HSN) was Suzanne Somers with her hair in 2 braids and she is 63 years old, this lady does not let age discourage her, she looked OK in them.

Hubby also liked them on her.

Patty lou

Xandergrammy
April 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
:cheer: for Suzanne Somers!! I'm 53 and I love them too!!

Aisha25
April 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
This 2 braids is cute and pretty at any age. I know I will be doing them then too:D

Kerynna
April 13th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I went looking for a pic and found this: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/celebrity-hairstyles-braids-may07

It includes a photo of Patricia Arquette wearing two braids, too. I like the look on her!

LilyMunster
April 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Age 47 here and recieve many compliments when wear 2 braids. :cool:

sagebabies
April 13th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I always feel so young when I wear my hair in two braids. I don't wear it that way a lot because I always think people will look at me and think I am too old for that (I'm 36). But I like wearing it that way so why should I care???!!!

KajiKodomo
April 13th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Yay! That's one of my favorite hairstyles, and I think it looks great on anyone, regardless of age! :D

marzipanthecat
April 13th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I love the idea that 2 braids is a daring hairstyle! (It seems so nice and demure to me!)

Good luck to anyone who does it - if you like it, go for it!

vindo
April 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM
There was a time when it was viewed as a classic hairstyle, not just for youn women.
I would wear any hairstyle, at any age I like to ;)

Radulfr
April 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I'm all in favor of two braids too. :D

Carolyn
April 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Suzanne often wears 2 braids when she is on HSN. I think she rocks it. Part of it is her personality. I love Patricia Arquette's braids in that slide show too. I've seen Nicolette Sheridan wearing them too.

feralnature
April 13th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I'm 53 and I often wear two braids. I feel good in them and my husband really likes them :)

lynnala
April 13th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I wear two braids or pigtails all the time at age 52. I love them and I don't care what anyone else thinks! My mom used to wear long white pigtails at age 85, and she looked adorable.
My dbf always tells me I look adorable in pigtails. :D

Darkhorse1
April 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I look a bit 'too cute' with two braids. I find a single braid is more professional for me :) I love the look though!

Rhea
April 15th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Suzanne Somers with her hair in 2 braids and she is 63 years old
Yes ! Why not !? I´m 60 , but my braids are to fine for two , so I wear one braid or a crown or other braid up-do´s . I like it !

MemSahib
April 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I am short, a bit dumpy (sigh) and baby-faced in spite of my wrinkles and grey hair. I have worn two braids out a few times but mainly people don't seem impressed. I think double braids work for some and not for others and I am one of the "others".

rhubarbarin
April 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I think it's a great style for any age.

For me though, it doesn't seem to me like a 'little girl' style. Maybe because I grew up first in student housing with Columbian and Brazilian neighbors, many of whom wore two braids, then later next to a Lakota reservation. I have seen many more adults wear the style than I have children.

GlennaGirl
April 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Two braids are an adorable look and very chic.

CheshireGrin
April 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I love the two braid look also, it looks sweet and carefree. I think people should wear whatever they want no matter what their age. I hate how society tries to dress people according to their age and gender. It's ridiculous.

enfys
April 15th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Ooh some of those braids looked too tight! And don't you hate how perfect Gwen Stefani looked?

I think it's easier to pull off when you're older since when you're younger (20s, 30s) it can look too young. By the time you're 50 or 60 you've earned the right to do whatever you want with your hair!

I'm going to wear pigtails when I'm a pensioner. It's very sensible and stylish. But I prefer them pinned up to look like a crown braid.