PDA

View Full Version : Finally, an official hairtyping picture!

Roseate
April 12th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I've been at LHC for nearly 6 months now, and haven't been able to bring myself to slog through the no-product no-touching dripping-down-my-back-all-day joy that is hairtyping until now. But just for y'all, I've done it and I bring you the results.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/3436479468_dace7d0a2d_m.jpg

2c, right?

Teacherbear
April 12th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Look at those great wave/curls!! I'd say 2c, perhaps 3a, but not sure.

BEAUTIFUL, though!

SpecialKitty
April 12th, 2009, 09:04 PM
So pretty!! Not sure of the type, but gorgeous hair you've got there.

Niphredil
April 13th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Lovely hair!
Looks 2c to me. Not enough spiraling for 3a. But that might change when it gets longer.
I'll bet it will be stunning when it grows !

AprilElf
April 13th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I agree with 2c with the possibility of 3a as you gain length. :) Very nice!

Just_Isabel
April 13th, 2009, 04:50 AM
You have beautiful hair! I'd say 2c, too. :)

Honey39
April 13th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Lovely hair - I'd say 2c/3a, it looks like it's going to get curlier the longer it grows.

janeytilllie
April 13th, 2009, 05:56 AM
I say it looks 2c to me too :) You have very beautiful hair :)

Pixna
April 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Maybe 2c/3a. Regardless of what you call it, I say it is drop-dead GORGEOUS!!!!!

Roseate
April 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks everybody!:flowers:

For the hairtyping advice and the compliments. I think I'll stick with 2c for now, and keep an eye out for more spirals as I grow.

JamieLeigh
April 13th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I agree with you and everyone else, 2c......and it's beautiful!! :)

pilateschick7
April 13th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Beatiful and very healthy!
Definitely 2c and I really think you will see spirals as it gains length. (My hair looked similar when it was shoulder length and I am seeing more and more spirals as I get longer and use more natural products also going cone free and CO washing definitely helped me.) I think we might soon be hair twins! I always wanted one:)
You could definitely be 3a with the right products. I get very strong spirals using a leave in conditioner like Karen Body Beautify Hair Milk (awesome stuff) and a curl creme like Komaza Coconut curl pudding. Many of the products that are originally developed for "kinks and coils" (tighter curl patterns) have the opposite effect on looser haired curlies. They elongate the tighter curls and shrink the looser curls. I also have good results with Boots Pink Curl cream but that is from the UK and a pain to get shipped here. Bioterra Curl Cream at Sally's beauty supply gives some curlies similar results but I have not tried that yet. There is a limit to how many hair products I can hide from my husband.

http://www.komazacare.com/
http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com/

Karen's has frequent sales and discounts, so while expensive it is so worth it. I end up using very little- 2 dime sized amounts.

Sorry if this qualified as guano..I got rather talkative.

KajiKodomo
April 13th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure on the hairtyping, but your hair is gorgeous! :D

Roseate
April 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Karen's has frequent sales and discounts, so while expensive it is so worth it. I end up using very little- 2 dime sized amounts.

Sorry if this qualified as guano..I got rather talkative.

No guano at all, because you are doing some very important enabling! I have been dying to try that hair milk, I found a link to her site here somewhere and I've been eyeing it ever since. And if it helps my curls so much the better. However, as you say:

There is a limit to how many hair products I can hide from my husband.

Too true.