PDA

View Full Version : ACW Reenactors!

allege
April 12th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I searched and I don't think this has been talked about yet.

For those that take part in the "hobby" of American Civil War reenacting:

What do you pack with you hair care wise, for a weekend event? Whats your weekend hair routine?

Jeni
April 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
You mean hair care as in oils/gel/pomade?

I don't really bring anything like that since my hair is plenty oily on it's own. I have finally learned to deal with not washing my hair all week end, its been hard though.

If you mean "tools" I bring a regular brush, a BB brush to smooth, a few of those "tortoise shell" plastic hair pins and a few metal hair pins.

Oh and just in case you don't know of the web site http://www.gothampatterns.com/hair.html#hairarticles , its got some useful info about hair

allege
April 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Hair care paraphernalia in general.

And yes I am quite fond of that website and tend to refer newcomers to that site.

My standard hair kit consists of my cellulose comb I have been using the plastic Good Hair Days pins or standard bobby pins but I am thinking about switching over to Amish Pins.

Sometimes I have a can of dry shampoo with me, but I rarely use it. Usually on Saturday evenings (after dinner) I will do a water only wash. I only do this at the really hot events. But I really notice a difference. My hair on Sundays is super shiny and much more manageable than it is when i don't do a water only on Saturday.

Stagecoach
April 12th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I usually bring along *gasp* a water bottle (this helps heaps in getting neat braids!), oil, Amish hair pins and long goody hair pins, little clear elastic bands and my horn comb.

I never bother washing it. If it's going to be a event of several days I'll wash the day before I leave, and wash the day I get home.

RancheroTheBee
April 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Man. I wish I could partake in these reenactments. :( They sound fun.