PDA

View Full Version : My first CO wash! (pic)

Brat
April 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hello, Happy Easter! I did my very first CO wash yesterday. I used a conditioner my hair doesn't like very much to massage my scalp and try to clean the hair. It was DesignLine Color Care conditioner. Then I used my Aussie conditioner to finish. It had been 5 days since my last shampoo, so I had a bit of oiliness to remove. Decided it was the perfect time to try it! Anyway, my hair rinsed out silky smooth and was VERY easy to brush. I let it air dry, and I LOVE the result! My curls feel very moist, but not greasy at all. They feel like what I think hair should feel like.. no dryness whatsoever. The curls are also way less prominent, which I love as well! They're much looser and defined. I will have to keep this up to see how much longer the wonderful feeling lasts!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/hrsepwrbrat/IMG_2655.jpg

Elphie
April 12th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Looks great! Good to hear it's working for you!

spidermom
April 12th, 2009, 05:58 PM
My first CO experience was out of this world as well. Later I found it isn't the best method for me, but it is for many people, and maybe you will be one of them. The picture is lovely.

Addy
April 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I have been CO'ing since I found LHC and my hair loves it! I usually go for 6 days CO'ing and then clarify on the 7th day.

No one would ever believe me if I told them I wash with poo one time a week!:D

RoseRedDead
April 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
That's a wonderful picture. I've been CO since before I joined this forum (I lurked for a couple of months), and while I think you may find that you have to discover your own routine (like what conditioner, how long to leave it on, the amount of scalp scrubbing, the amount of rinsing, etc), CO i loverly.

steph in tx
April 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Beautiful!!

intothemist1999
April 12th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Wow, beautiful results!

I'm another CO'er, with once a week (occasionally more in summer time) shampoo-er.

marajade
April 12th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Looks great!

Niphredil
April 13th, 2009, 04:24 AM
It looks good!

I'm with Spidermom on this one. The occasional CO works just fine on me but in the long run it hasn't been succesful, ever. I use shampoo on my scalp only now, doing CWC.

If you future results are discouraging, don't give up too soon, but also realize that while CO works for quite a few it is not a holy grail for everyone.

LutraLutra
April 13th, 2009, 04:45 AM
That's great it worked so well for you, your hair looks wonderful. :)

Honey39
April 13th, 2009, 05:45 AM
What a beautiful pic! Lovely!!

I have CO-washed for almost a year now, and I still love it - I wonder if it's down to your hair type? You have quite similar hair type to me, so maybe CO-washing will suit you long-term as well!

I feel like it's the best thing I have *ever* found. I have clean lovely hair, but without the frizziness and everything from shampoo. I guess it depends, but it really has been such a good method for me, and consistently.

Occasionally I find my hair goes a bit lank, and then I clarify with some neutrogena shampoo, but that hasn't happened for months! I reckon I CO-wash most days, and shampoo about every two months? I use cheap cone-free conditioners to avoid build-up, and I use a good quality leave-in conditioner (cone-free as well), and/or some jojoba oil.

Good for you! Your hair is such a lovely colour.

rach
April 13th, 2009, 06:00 AM
lol- were nearly hair twins part from colour and layers which i have no thanks to hormone fall out grrr... i love it when my waves turn out like that, makes me like them much better loooking. i've been co user for a few months now simply because it makes me feel better about the way my hair looks.
looks great...... :D

nayver
April 13th, 2009, 07:50 AM
It looks great!!! I think you had a succesful CO wash, and I hope you can continue enjoying this method. I CO once a week and my hair is not greasy anymore (after two months).

learnthenLive!
April 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Beautiful! I haven't tried CO yet. I've tried coconut oil and vinegar rinses and I love them both. Oh yeah and now I'm on catnip tea. I've been using it on my skin mostly and I've tried proactive but nothing works like catnip tea for blemishes. Sorry if I got off subject.

kirky
April 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for starting this post!

I CO usually every second day and throw in a shampoo every once in awhile. I love the feel of my hair after a CO.

JamieLeigh
April 13th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I CO as well, with Suave Naturals tropical coconut, and I am loving every minute of it. I've been going with this since January of this year, and I'm still happy with the way things are turning out. :)

What a beautiful photo, those curls are amazing! I bet it's as soft as it looks too, after a CO! :flower:

KajiKodomo
April 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! :D I'm glad you found a routine that you like!

jojo
April 13th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Looking at your photo makes me want to try CO washing again, it worked really well for the first few months for me, but then it just felt lank.

Looks good though, hope it continues to give you good results.

janeytilllie
April 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM
It looks great. I am glad it is working for you :) Your hair is very beuatiful :flower:

HeatherMae
April 13th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm another one who has hair that doesn't care at all for the CO washes. Though I have tried and tried.

Your hair looks amazing though! Good for you!!!! :)

Brat
April 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the comments!!!

I did my second CO wash last nite, and I have to say, it still feels great! Although just a tad LESS soft for some reason. I'll keep it up for a while and hopefully my hair will get used to it. I won't shampoo unless it feels awful. So far, still digging it!