PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite thing to do with a head full of henna?

wackyredtangles
April 11th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I'm henna-ing again after a good long time, about 2 months. I'm a redhead anyways, so it takes a long time for the roots to really be noticeable, but I was there!

I'm more of a lurker, but a little while ago I was on here bored with my hair, and thinking of doing a henna/indigo to get a really dark color, and got some great advice to just wait. I did, which was hard, because I'm a big on action to solve problems.

So I decided that I was going to do my regular henna/cassisa, and add some alma to hopefully get back my more natural texture, which is wurly/curly. I have plenty of henna and cassia left, so if its a bust, or if I don't like the color I figure I'll just henna over.

So thanks everyone!!

Ok, back to the original point to the post.

I'm trying something new, because I'm always so impatient. I'm just going to sleep in it, but I won't be sleeping for a few more hours. I've got a few extra wrappings on, so hopefully there won't be henna everywhere.

What does everyone do with a head full of henna?

amaiaisabella
April 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I curl up in bed (putting a towel over my pillows) and watch all my favorite shows on DVD :) Helps the time pass quickly!

LHGypsyRose
April 11th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Well..I haven't hennaed for a pretty long time, but when I used to, the henna would make my hair sooo heavy that I couldn't do much but sit around. So I would usually watch movies with my family.

nowxisxforever
April 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I play World of Warcraft and listen to music. :]

Dorothy
April 11th, 2009, 08:28 PM
quite honestly, I had a few pints of beer from my local brewrey and took a nap, the first time :)

Suldrun
April 11th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I used to do it at night and sleep on it. Lately I just watch TV or putter around the house doing a little cleaning and hang with the kitties.

Debra83
April 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I put it on and rev up LHC!!! ;)

HairColoredHair
April 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Sit on the couch and read LHC, or go to bed, depending...

Often interrupted by my roommate and going out and about. :lol:

RavennaNight
April 11th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I usually am on LHC when I henna. But I actually ***leave the house*** with a headful of henna sometimes. I went shoe shopping at Marshalls once. It is a sight. But I have a sense of humor. I took a nap on the henna once. My pillow won't forgive me for that one.:p

ZaBasDa
April 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I read or play some various online games.

wackyredtangles
April 11th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I usually am on LHC when I henna. But I actually ***leave the house*** with a headful of henna sometimes. I went shoe shopping at Marshalls once. It is a sight. But I have a sense of humor. I took a nap on the henna once. My pillow won't forgive me for that one.:p

I am definitely not as brave as you. My hair is wrapped up on my head in a style that is reminiscent of that cone-head show on years and years ago.

Needless to say, I will not be shoe shopping. :eek:

KatKeRo
April 11th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I curl up om my coach and read.

Ndnlady
April 11th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Hehe, I used to henna, my allergies finally got to me with it so I had to stop, but the best thing to do is embarrass your kids by either dropping them off at school in the morning with a towel wrapped around your head (and gloopy green drips coming down), or picking them up that way, especially if they have done something bad, or sassed off to you!:D:eyebrows:

kwaniesiam
April 12th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I leave mine on for 2-5 hours, so typically I knit/crochet, mess around on the computer, watch something on TV or put an old towel over my pillow and take a nap :) Reading isn't an option for me because I wear my contacts so I don't get mud on my glasses, but I wear bifocals and have to have my glasses on to read or I get headaches.

Heidi_234
April 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Ooh yeah, TV helps pass the time very very well :eyebrows:
As with other treatments as well. When I did honey lightenings I would time them by 3 back to back southpark episodes hehe. When I do long conditioner soaks I sometimes pass the time by doing mild workouts - yoga stretches, sit ups, push ups, bottle weight lifting lol. :p I really suck btw. :p

Suzie22
April 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Lay around, watch tv, do laundery.

longhairedfairy
April 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Go head-butting some canvas to make your own unique art! Heehee.

longhairedfairy
April 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Do you do the eyebrows as well?:eyebrows:

longhairedfairy
April 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Hehe, I used to henna, my allergies finally got to me with it so I had to stop, but the best thing to do is embarrass your kids by either dropping them off at school in the morning with a towel wrapped around your head (and gloopy green drips coming down), or picking them up that way, especially if they have done something bad, or sassed off to you!:D:eyebrows:

It's green? Lol. I bet the kids just love that!:D

RedStripe
April 14th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Watch movies, clean house, do laundry, work crossword puzzles, read, whatever strikes my fancy.

Islandgrrl
April 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I time my henna adventures such that I can sit on my assets in front of the TV with a big blanket and some cocoa, put on whatever movie strikes my fancy and veg for an hour and a half-ish.

Zombiekins
April 14th, 2009, 12:59 PM
The same things everybody else seems to do. Watch movies, tv, play on the computer, nap, etc.. and if the husband is willing, play lots of mario kart wii. :P

But mostly it's just anything to distract me from the heavy gloopy mess on my head running down and getting on my stuff. I *hate* hennaing and dealing with all the crap that goes along with it, and it's getting worse overtime. About an hour in to it I'm going mad with the "get it the heck off my head!!" thoughts.

Gothic Lolita
April 14th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I'm not!!!! I'm not a TV watcher!

No, I go for a work out. I only do extremly light henna glosses for 1h with non-released henna, don't need much color, but the little extra heat I get from working out makes the time pass quicker and gives me more even roots, I believe due to the added heat.

Anje
April 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Well, it's been a while, but I tend to spend time on LHC (like always....), or if there's not much activity here, I'll plunk myself in front of the TV and see what's on. I can't go very far, since I always have green drips running down my neck.

Patrycja
April 14th, 2009, 11:48 PM
In the very beginning of the application before my head gets too heavy,I catch up on my jewelery making.After about 1 hour,my head starts hurting so during that last stretch of time, I plant myself in front of the tv and try not to move too much.

getoffmyskittle
April 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Watch Harry Potter movies! :D

Aisha25
April 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I sit and watch 3 hindi films while eating big plate of biryani followed by a chai and then scarf down some ladoo,then come here and read all the new threads:D.

Geez and I wonder why im getting so fat now:lol: I blame the henna:angry:

marialena
April 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I'm reading books and hearing jazz music. The previous years that I was attended some university courses I used to write my essays. I don't have a TV set so I don't watch TV.

Heidi_234
April 15th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I'm not!!!! I'm not a TV watcher!

No, I go for a work out. I only do extremly light henna glosses for 1h with non-released henna, don't need much color, but the little extra heat I get from working out makes the time pass quicker and gives me more even roots, I believe due to the added heat.
That's an interesting thought. Working out while hennaing might really help produce more heat from the scalp, and as we all know - henna loves heat. Next time I'll choose my mild workout (pretend work out lol) over other things. :) Roots are showing... :)

GlassEyes
April 15th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Go on LHC and get annoyed that, ONCE AGAIN, I made my henna too thin. -_-;;

That's usually what I do. The times where I magically don't make it so that it drips into my eyes, I sleep.

tabitie
April 15th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Marialena, what gorgeous hair you have!

What I do while I henna (35 minutes): sit around really stressed out looking at my hair in the bathroom mirror and checking under the shower cap, to make sure I don't overdo it! :pumpkin:

Actually, the second time around here (new to henna) I will watch horse videos on youtube on the laptop while I tidy up the bathroom and check under the shower cap. :eyebrows:

FallenAngel
April 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I study. Perfect to spend time in front of the computor while being in "henna".

Sometimes I watch TV.

Henna Sooq
April 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
My favorite thing about doing a full head application, is the massaging in over the paste right into your scalp. That part feels so good and amazingly cooling when it hits your scalp :) Like a mini soothing head massage

dulce-de-leche
April 16th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I leave it overnight so I just sleep.:sleep:

Henna Sooq
April 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM
...oh what do you do WITH a head of henna? Well while I have a head full of henna, it's not really the fun part for me. It's kind of REALLY heavy for me. So I usually like to sleep too with it on. I still like the part of while I am doing my henna, to give myself a head massage and rub it all in :) aaawww bliss.

Gutterfayrie
April 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
usually sit around and watch movies, play on the internet, cook dinner, have a glass of wine or two. I usually try to leave it on for 4-6 hours.

shilpa733
July 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM
I usually leave it on for 10-12 hours. I get my henna applied at the salon. Come back home after getting it applied. cover it with a showercap and watch movies, tv, read books. After 2 hours, my head starts feeling a bit heavy, so i just sleep for the next few hours. Almost everyone in my family uses henna for hair, even my 14 yr old sister, she just loves it. I like it when the henna is on my hair, it makes my head feel cool.

masa_inn
July 10th, 2010, 06:30 AM
1. Study

2. Take a nap :)

shilpa733
July 10th, 2010, 08:25 AM
@masa inn
you got nice color. how often do you henna?

redneckprincess
July 10th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Read some LHC, watch a movie...stuff like that

slythwolf
July 10th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Last time I hennaed it was during one of the holiday/festivals in World of Warcraft, and I wanted to get the achievements done for it, so I adjusted my headphones waaaaaaaaay out and put them around the back of my giant towel-wrapped henna head and played the game for my four hours. :D

I prefer to lie down, though. It's heavy.

Tapioca
July 10th, 2010, 02:31 PM
It gets so dang heavy that I usually prop myself up on the couch (lots of towels to protect the fabric) and read a book. It's usually a head full of cassia, though.

kwaniesiam
July 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Read LHC, watch random videos on youtube, watch a movie, or take a nap.

ancilla
July 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I like watching movies or reading a book. Though I do tend to read in bed, I usually put an old towel on my pillow first.

Sometimes I like doing a pedicure too :)

masa_inn
July 11th, 2010, 08:32 AM
@masa inn
you got nice color. how often do you henna?

Thank you :) It's not really this red.

Full applications once in about 2-3 months; roots monthly. I tried a strong henna gloss for 40 minutes and got as much color as from a regular application.