PDA

View Full Version : Hair & Graphic Design

enfys
April 11th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Right, I'm asking for help for myself and others. I hope this is in the right place. I've not started a topic before.

I'm building a portfolio (from scratch) to use when I apply to uni next year. Go me, all organised :cheese:

I don't want to make up projects for myself but I don't have much real life work to put in it. Here's where it gets hair related.

I'd love to use some of the info here to make a series of *things* I could put in my portfolio. Here are some examples I thought of:

Recipe cards for Indian Herbs, rinses, treatments ets.
Posters for inspiration (a bit like pro-ana thinspiration, but good for you)
Info leaflets on general haircare (brushing techniques etc)

The idea is that they would be things that could be printed off and used by us. It can't just be me who finds it a pain to have to switch on the computer to know what to do with that powder?

Any information would be credited, it would not be sold and except for being used in my portfolio would not be made available anywhere but here. No photos or information would be used without permission from the authors etc.

So what do you think? Is it a good idea? Is there anything you'd like me to do as a subject? I suppose it's a bit like making pretty, concise versions of some of the articles.

Any help or input would be massively massively appreciated. If this breaks any rules let me know. As I say this is absolutely not for profit or business; it's so I can be a student with a portfolio I'm passionate about.

Thanks in advance everyone!:cheese:

WelshLocks
April 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
That's so neat!Are we talking a portfolio ONLY on haircare?Or are you going to do it on recipes in general?It'd be really neat if you had like the portfolio and then it be almost like a scrapbook of recipes and picture on the side.I'm a photographer so I love to make things aesthetically pleasing.It'd be neat if you organized it like:

page one(or whatever)-Apple Cider Vinegar recipes and uses then a little envelope attached with the most used recipe in it and pictures on the side
page two(ect)-recipes containing aloe vera

And so on. I'd love to talk to you about this. (email me)It seems like a really neat idea!

enfys
April 11th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hi Welshlocks! Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, it will hgave to contain more than just hair (boo! boring!) because it needs to show a range of abilites. There'll be business cards, cd covers, magazine covers, leaflets, posters. To keep myself motivated I'm doing as much as I can related to personal interests and hobbies - hence hair!

I like the idea of the book; maybe instead of the envelope a laminated card that you can store tucked into a slot that you can take in the bathroom with you when you need it, then put back when you're done?

I can imagine this project will be fun!