PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable growth!

swan
April 11th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I thought to post this for all of those interested in increasing the growth rate. I got a short bob (almost 0.5" in the back and 1" on the front) on March 19th and soonafter started to use Murad haircare system (the one for fine and thinning hair). I was interested to increase my lost volume of course and since I'm planning to keep the short bob for the next year or so before I start growing again my purse is not interested in any growth spurt lengthwise no need to say! But when you're not looking for it, it happens! From March 19-April 11 I've had about 1.25" of growth in length. I know my own growth pattern and have not used anything else whatsoever other than Murad shampoo conditioner and serum. I'm very happy with this line because it virtually eliminated all my scalp issues of itching, tenderness etc. but this additional bonus (not for me at this point!) was surprising. Thought this may be of interest to someone here. I was never a daily washer (as in washing with poo) but with this I've used all three products almost every day with occasional skipping of the serum -like today. Now if it only helps fill in the spots I'd like to see more hair!
ed. to say I must have been very sleepy when I type this earlier in the a.m. --to say 2.25" instead of 1.25" (2.25" of growth? Embarrasing mistake! Thanks to pdy2kn6 to draw my attention to my oversight:)

pdy2kn6
April 11th, 2009, 06:23 AM
wow really? 2 inches of hair growth in 1 month? that is incredible. have you got pics to show the progress? would be great to see the results properly. is it pricey? a US product of UK?
congradulations :)

swan
April 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
No, unfortunately I don't have pics (have never really felt comfortable posting pics online --call me crazy!!)
I don't know about its availability in Europe. I got a starter pack (4.2oz of poo and conditioner each and 1.7oz of serum for about $27 on a discount site and this should last me about 40 days or so).

pdy2kn6
April 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM
oh don't worry about the pics, i understand completely... that's pretty cheap though for the benefits. do you know whats in it? or what ingredients are supposedly causing the growth?

swan
April 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Here is a link:
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS313&q=%22murad%22+%22shampoo%22+%22ingredients%22&aq=f&oq=

Heidi_234
April 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
The shampoo contains SLS. I've done such 3 month hair loss treatment, I'm not sure about the grown, but SLS made me shed like crazy.

swan
April 11th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Yes, I believe it contains SLS but that has not had any adverse effect on me in terms of shedding. I was SLS free fro over 3 years but if this will give me my lost hair back, I won't mind SLS :)

Heidi_234
April 11th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Yes, I believe it contains SLS but that has not had any adverse effect on me in terms of shedding. I was SLS free fro over 3 years but if this will give me my lost hair back, I won't mind SLS :)
True, I'm just pointing it out, because there are other people how wary of SLS just like me. :)
I wondered if hair loss treatments could be beneficial for those who want to grow their hair long. It supposed to strengthen the roots, minimize shedding and make the scalp healthier and happier, and that's what's everybody's after in here.
Hmm....

swan
April 11th, 2009, 09:04 AM
You know, it's harder to gage the shedding issue with as short of hair as mine right now -though it's easier now that it's grown so much since last month. But I think, based on what I can see, I shed about 8-10max a day. Whether it'll work to encourage mre hair to come in is to be determined with consistent use I guess. But I can tell this particular line has made my existing hair much stronger --that I'm sure about. I had use other so-called treatments before (Yve Rocherr-spelling?) for instance, or Morrocco Method's elixirs. Both were a disaster, messing up my scalp and making me shed like mad. MM's elixirs actually made my scalp burn to hel. Maybe that's why I'm so satisfied with this one.

Heidi_234
April 11th, 2009, 09:57 AM
That's interesting. I'd have to look into the ingredients I guess.