PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a forum for this?

blue_nant
April 3rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
I have questions about how to put stuff in my sig, like my new lengthy title (newly knighted) and to get my photo back into it. Thanks in advance

Rae~
April 3rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
The Site Support (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15) board is a good place to start.... :)

blue_nant
April 5th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, now that my message is in Site Support, and I'm sorry, wasn't it there from the start? Don't remember.

Anyway ... can anyone tell me why I can't get my Knighted title into my signature? it keeps saying it's too long.

How do I get the pic of my hair to display as a pic instead of as a link?

The avatar is on the left and the sig is beneath the message, right?

Flaxen
April 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Anyway ... can anyone tell me why I can't get my Knighted title into my signature? it keeps saying it's too long.
It's there now, but if you tried to update your signature and had more than three lines, that would be the problem. Signatures are now limited to three lines.

How do I get the pic of my hair to display as a pic instead of as a link?
Remotely hosted pictures are no longer allowed in signatures. To upload directly to the LHC server, go to User CP --> Edit Signature --> Upload --> Insert Signature Picture. Your picture must be 200 pixels high X 400 pixels wide or 9.8 KB, whichever is smaller.

The avatar is on the left and the sig is beneath the message, right?
Yes. :smile:

blue_nant
April 7th, 2008, 03:27 AM
It tells me, when I try to upload, that it's an invalid URL.

I chose the url called Direct Link under the photo, in photobucket. (http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb309/raptorrunner/editednhair18.jpg)

it is 2.54 K in size

What do I do now?

Miss Murphy
April 7th, 2008, 03:38 AM
That's because, as Flaxen said, you can't have a link in your picture.

Save the pic to your harddrive (if it's not there already), and then upload it.

blue_nant
April 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Thanks to Flaxen and Lady Entropy!
*thwacks head on desk*
Will do!

Ahem, the reason I got confused became apparent as I added my pic: It says right down there "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website"

misleading? it was to me!

Thanks for all the help. I do have more questions, like how do I get nifty fonts and writing of my lengthy knightly name to show on my sig? Any takers for that? does it need to be an image, perchance?

And why does my pic not show up, when it shows on the User CP? Narr. TIA for the help!

harpgal
April 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I do have more questions, like how do I get nifty fonts and writing of my lengthy knightly name to show on my sig? Any takers for that? does it need to be an image, perchance?
It can be an image or you can simply type out your knightly name using Comic Sans, which is located in the font box. You can assign a color to it and even make it a little bigger.
Lady Nant Botanica of the Stubborn Jaw from the Windswept Land of Nees in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

And why does my pic not show up, when it shows on the User CP? Narr. TIA for the help!I looked at your User CP and you have not designated an avatar, only a profile picture. You may upload (from your computer) an image to be your avatar. It should not be bigger than 1 MB.

blue_nant
April 10th, 2008, 09:27 PM
It can be an image or you can simply type out your knightly name using Comic Sans, which is located in the font box. You can assign a color to it and even make it a little bigger.
Lady Nant Botanica of the Stubborn Jaw from the Windswept Land of Nees in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
I looked at your User CP and you have not designated an avatar, only a profile picture. You may upload (from your computer) an image to be your avatar. It should not be bigger than 1 MB.

Where is the font box? and color adjustment? When I'm doing my sig, I don't see those choices. I'll look again.

Why can't I get my sig pic to show up? It shows in my CP when I look at it, but not in the messages I add.

I'm not getting it.

Miss Murphy
April 11th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Blue_Nant, your signature control panel should look like this:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/47659/LHC/neu-1.jpg

I marked the fields for font and colour for you. HTH! :)

Flaxen
April 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Where is the font box? and color adjustment? When I'm doing my sig, I don't see those choices. I'll look again.
Go to Edit Options in your User CP and choose either Standard Editor or Enhanced Editor. Then you will see all the extras. :smile:

Why can't I get my sig pic to show up? It shows in my CP when I look at it, but not in the messages I add.

I'm not getting it.
After you choose one of those settings, you will see Upload Signature Picture and Insert Signature Picture when you go to Edit Signature. You must click on Upload and then Insert. :flower:

blue_nant
April 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Blue_Nant, your signature control panel should look like this:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/47659/LHC/neu-1.jpg

I marked the fields for font and colour for you. HTH! :)

Thank you, but I have never seen that control panel. How do I get to that? Am I supposed to see that from where I change the wording in my signature? er wut?

Yeah, once I get to the cp, i do recognize font and color, actually, it's just that I've never seen that box ...

harpgal
April 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Thank you, but I have never seen that control panel. How do I get to that? Am I supposed to see that from where I change the wording in my signature? er wut?

Yeah, once I get to the cp, i do recognize font and color, actually, it's just that I've never seen that box ...
blue nant, first go to your User CP, ->Edit Opitions, ->all the way down the page there is Message Editor Interface, ->click on "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG" from the pull down menu.

Then go to "Edit Siggy"
You should be able to see all the tools needed to customize your text.

blue_nant
April 12th, 2008, 04:37 PM
OK, all, I am trying! This is actually to see what I've accomplished thus far. Gee my title is way long!

-- Bleep!

OK, that's all the progress I can make for now! Thanks! Back later

harpgal
April 13th, 2008, 09:58 AM
You're doin' great blue_nant! Keep playing with it. :blossom:

blue_nant
April 13th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Aww that looks stupid! LOL.

Thanks harpgal, the last time I looked at it, that INSERT SIG PIC NOW popped out at me.

I wonder if there is anyone who is making a tutorial for the User CP retarded among us like moi. it's so EASY to miss a step or not have something enabled or ... sigh

harpgal
April 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM
It looks really good, blue_nant. If you go back to your "edit sig" dialog box, you can place [center ][ /center] tags around your photo and it will be centered over your text.