PDA

View Full Version : Question about APL

Heavenly Locks
April 10th, 2009, 03:19 AM
When I say APL, I mean that it touches the crease of my armpit in the front when I am looking in the mirror.

The difference between my armpit crease in the front and in the back is at least an inch or two. The back is lower than the front. :confused:

Which side is APL?

Arctic
April 10th, 2009, 05:26 AM
I'd say you can decide which you prefere, these are not rules set in stone :)

I count from the back of my armpits, I think that's most common. Some people do not count until hair gets stuck under armpits, that would be longer than just touching the crease. Many people take their length photos through the mirror, holding the camera above their heads: when hair is touching the crease then that would make it shorter than if you take photo with timer keeping hands down, at least on me.

Maybe the getting stuck under the armpits would be most accurate, as the way one is holding their head etc. affects the length photos so much.

Misha
April 10th, 2009, 05:38 AM
I agree with Arctic, you can decide which you prefer. I've considered it APL by looking through a mirror and seeing it reach arm pit level from the back.

DecafJane
April 10th, 2009, 05:39 AM
When I wanted to see how close I was, I put a measuring tape underneath my armpits and checked to see how close my hair was to it (see my signature). :)