PDA

View Full Version : YEAH BABY! It's growing back!

Rebelkat
April 10th, 2009, 12:32 AM
:happydance::cheer::joy:

If you've read any of my recent posts, you'll know that I have experienced rather significant hair loss recently. Well, I was pulling my hair back today, and noticed a whole bunch of little 1/4" long to 1/2" long baby hairs scattered throughout my scalp! It appears that whatever my body was going through is probably over (at least for now). Interestingly enough, they seem to be growing back coarse... of course, I'm not complaining because that means the new hair will be far more resilient than it was before!

Fillette
April 10th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Woohoo!!! :happydance: This is great news! I am very excited for you :D.

Aditi
April 10th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Wow!!!! This is such a great news i am so happy for you.

Hairytale
April 10th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Wow, that's really great to hear! Keep g(r)o(w)ing! :cheese:

LittleOrca
April 10th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :D :cheese:

Rebelkat
April 10th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Thank you very much, Fillette, Aditi, Hairytale, and LittleOrca! I've appreciated all the support that I've received from fellow LHCers and I'm so excited to finally have good news to report! I was just ridiculously happy when I discovered them (as a matter of fact I attempted and failed at moon-walking because I was so excited... CRASH!).
:redgrin:

jera
April 10th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Awesome ! :D I'm so happy for you. There's nothing like the relief that floods through you when you see shedded hair start to grow back. This calls for the cheese.

:cheese:

LutraLutra
April 10th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Great news, that's brilliant. :cheer:

janeytilllie
April 10th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Wonderful news! :cheese: I am very happy for you :)

pdy2kn6
April 10th, 2009, 04:49 AM
congradulations, it would be such a shame to loose nice waves like you have, i hope your new growth is much stronger than before

Misha
April 10th, 2009, 05:04 AM
:bluesmile ! That is great news, I'm happy for you ! Hair shedding/loss is worrysome, and it's great that the problem has corrected itself. Seeing the brand new growth coming in I'm sure is such a relief for you (A couple of years back I had a lot of shedding too, and was worried. Some time later I also had new growth coming in, so I know how that part feels). Congrats on your new growth!

JamieLeigh
April 10th, 2009, 06:31 AM
YAY! Congrats!! I bet that's a major relief for you! I know you were worried.

I hope for the best for you and your hair - hopefully your body sorted itself out. :flower:

rags
April 10th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Congratulations! As one who has been there done that (a lot of my hair is now about 8 inches long!) I can tell you that it may change back to your usual texture as it grows out. Mine did. And this calls for dancing cheese!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

brok3nwings
April 10th, 2009, 07:42 AM
that is great!!! i would be really happy in your position, i hope it grows fast :)

Tressie
April 10th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Hooray!!! I'm so glad that this seems to be turning around for you!!! Woo-hoo!!! God Bless!

camirra555
April 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
That's great news! I'm happy for you!

Unnamed
April 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Oh, congrats! That's great news. :cheese:

I've done the major sheds, although I haven't ever really seen the little hairs growing back (that I'm aware...or didn't after big shed a bit ago, but haven't really checked from the current shedding of a few months ago), which I'd bet is so cool...'cause then you know for sure it's coming back in!

And good that it sounds like it's coming back relatively quick after (the shedding), too! :cheese:

hennaphile
April 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
:cheer::hifive: