PDA

View Full Version : Color chaos

Raini-Tempest
April 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM
My hair usually consists of three or four separate shades so I resorted to dying it to even it all out. But now no matter what color I go, I always hate how the roots come in and how the conventional dyes fade. Anyone got any good tips on how to make the roots appear closer to the rest of my hair and how to keep it vibrant and not dull looking?

ravenreed
April 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
When you say it is separate shades, are you referring to natural highlights? Cause people pay a lot of money to imitate that look!

I use a demi-permanent and it lightens a bit over time... The roots are not as obvious, except for the greys coming in.

LutraLutra
April 10th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Like ravenreed says, if like me you've got naturally multi coloured hair then the best thing to do is embrace it. I have very dark hair around the front of my head with chunks of red, brown, auburn, strawberry and silver in the rest. I used to dye my hair dark brown to match all the colours together. If it's dye you're talking about then it depends what kind of dye you're using and what your end goal is. :)

turtlelover
April 10th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I SWEAR by Robert Craig haircolor. It doesn't lift the hair's color, so it doesn't get brassy like a lot of other haircolor I've tried. I will NOT use anything else, EVER. It also didn't damage my hair when it was longer like most haircolor.