PDA

View Full Version : Britney Murphy: Waist Length hair or longer?

marajade
April 9th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I recently saw Britney Murphy on The Bonnie Hunt Show a few days back and she has at least waist length hair or hip ( I think). It looks like she's in a new lifetime movie (made for TV movie of author Nora Roberts). In the movie her hair is rather curly- a throwback to her earlier days. To me, it didn't look as well styled on The Bonnie Hunt Show, but that may have been Jet Lag. Anyways, I thought it was nice to see an actress with long natural hair. (I'm pretty sure it was her own). While I do like her blonde-ish hair, I do miss her days as a botticelli chick! :cheese:I wish I could find a good picture of her on the internet, but I did find this article:

http://thecount.com/brittany-murphy-lookingumweird-on-bonnie-hunt-show/

People need to chill, seriously. :( Longer hair is going to look less "styled" sometimes. It happens. Anyone have any thoughts?

Tangles
April 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Wow, she looks a lot better with long hair, esp. in the curly one.

Citrine
April 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I think it looks really pretty! There's no need to have perfectly styled hair ALL the time, and this more natural/wavy hair looks nice on her. It's a good change of pace.

marajade
April 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Wow, she looks a lot better with long hair, esp. in the curly one.

Yes I think she should rock the curls more. :D

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I think it could have been styled just a bit better, especially if she's one of the only ambassadors for long hair in Hollywood these days, but it didn't look as ratty and horrible as the author of that blog is trying to make it out to be. I, too, like the curlier photo better, and agree that with her facial features, long hair looks a lot better on her than short. :)

morguebabe
April 9th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I like her hair in the 2nd picture better but seriously the first one isn't that bad. I like her hair longer than shorter.

starla_zero
April 9th, 2009, 05:50 PM
It looks pretty, not at all messy to me.

LittleOrca
April 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I left a comment. *snicker*

Roseate
April 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM
What pretty hair in the curly picture!

The straight one just looks like your average unstyled head of hair, and I do normally expect people on TV to be a little more polished. Not a disaster; if I saw the same thing in the grocery store I'd just think she had nice hair. The shoulderlength do in the last picture is fine, but boring.

And why does the blogger think cutting her hair would help with the unstyled-ness? If she had shoulderlength hair and had done the same thing to it, it wouldn't look any better. Probably worse. She needs a comb, not a cut.

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Haha, yay!! You tell 'em!!! :cheer:

GlennaGirl
April 9th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Bonnie Hunt has a show?

I don't actually like what she did with her hair in that picture. The way a large portion is very curly but the rest is pulled out somehow or other (hot rollers? Flat iron? Blow dry?). ETA: Actually...to be frank, I don't believe it's her own hair; I think it's a weave. Nothing wrong with that, just sayin'...

Anyway. It's not my business how this girl wears her hair...but she definitely could have rolled and clipped the sides back in 2 seconds, or done any one of a hundred different things.

It looks to me like it's a weave, and that it was tweaked to look like that. Something just bugs me about people who don't usually have long hair, deciding long hair means mismatched, nutty hair that basically looks uncared for (referencing the first picture, not the all-curly one, which looks MUCH more the way hair naturally looks)...that's what makes people think long hairs should cut in the first place. :( And it's just the opposite, much of the long hair here on LHC is extremely well cared for, and gorgeous. So it's a stereotype that I don't care for: "Once hair gets really long, you can't do a thing with it to make it look nice!" Oh good gawd.....................(burning up slowly over here) I may be missing the mark entirely but this is how I see it when a Hollywood starlet "dabbles" in long hair...

Why I don't think it's hers: It looks very different quality-wise than the curly top part (until both parts are curled, as in the "curlier" picture below). And she couldn't have just rolled out of bed as a natural wavy-to-curly and had her hair magically that straight on the bottom, then run out of time and have to just run onto the show...make sense? It feels so "statement"-y to me. I really think it's a weave or what-have-you and that she doesn't know how to rock it...and that people will be saying, "See? That's why people shouldn't wear their hair long. Once it's long, you can't make it look nice." That just...burns my bonnet.

Okay! Rant over! :p I'm sorry I went on and on but I'm not sure I'm expressing myself correctly...wavy hair is awesome, straight hair is awesome, but oddly tweaked "this is such a lark!" hair that begs people to say "Ugh, long hair just can't look good!" ticks me off...not enough to blog about it, surely, just putting in my thoughts/ideas on observing the hair. I'll stop now, I'm still not expressing things right but hopefully you all get the gist!

OhioLisa
April 9th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah, it's not real. And to me, it's obvious. The second pic is better, but not much.

GlennaGirl
April 9th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hmmm...I finally realized there's a link to the actual clip (lightbulb going on...dimly, LOL) and it looks more matched and natural in the clip than it did in the still picture. IOW, it doesn't look very much curlier on top than on the bottom. But yeah, definitely a weave. And she isn't comfortable with it...she keeps pulling and pushing it back here or there.

To each his or her own...I shouldn't be so harsh...I can only imagine what people would say about my hair if I were on TV. :cool: Ah well. Anyway, I still think I do see why the blogger was taken aback. I don't think she was anti-long hair in general...just anti-wig-looking-"I have sooooooooo much hair" flying everywhere. :p That did not look comfortable. The blogger did say she liked the long hair curly/wavy on Letterman better. :)

lady_of_shallot
April 9th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I think she looks great with the long thick hair!

JamieLeigh
April 10th, 2009, 06:59 AM
The user-comments under the "article" are pretty amusing. After LittleOrca's comment, the author of the page, in defending herself against the long vs. short war she might have started, backed up a bit and said something to the effect of "it's not bad that her hair is long, it just needs to be brushed".....RIGHT. She wrote before the photos: "She needs her hair cut." :rolleyes: Somebody got called out, and started back-pedaling!! :agree:

Eireann
April 10th, 2009, 08:00 AM
The second picture is my dream hair (only I wouldn't want to be blond, but I love the length, the thickness and the loose curls). I would actually be secretly happy if it was a weave, because then I wouldn't have to be so sick with envy!!

marajade
April 10th, 2009, 08:04 AM
The user-comments under the "article" are pretty amusing. After LittleOrca's comment, the author of the page, in defending herself against the long vs. short war she might have started, backed up a bit and said something to the effect of "it's not bad that her hair is long, it just needs to be brushed".....RIGHT. She wrote before the photos: "She needs her hair cut." :rolleyes: Somebody got called out, and started back-pedaling!! :agree:

:rollin: :rollin:

marajade
April 10th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Bonnie Hunt has a show?

I don't actually like what she did with her hair in that picture. The way a large portion is very curly but the rest is pulled out somehow or other (hot rollers? Flat iron? Blow dry?). ETA: Actually...to be frank, I don't believe it's her own hair; I think it's a weave. Nothing wrong with that, just sayin'...

Anyway. It's not my business how this girl wears her hair...but she definitely could have rolled and clipped the sides back in 2 seconds, or done any one of a hundred different things.

It looks to me like it's a weave, and that it was tweaked to look like that. Something just bugs me about people who don't usually have long hair, deciding long hair means mismatched, nutty hair that basically looks uncared for (referencing the first picture, not the all-curly one, which looks MUCH more the way hair naturally looks)...that's what makes people think long hairs should cut in the first place. :( And it's just the opposite, much of the long hair here on LHC is extremely well cared for, and gorgeous. So it's a stereotype that I don't care for: "Once hair gets really long, you can't do a thing with it to make it look nice!" Oh good gawd.....................(burning up slowly over here) I may be missing the mark entirely but this is how I see it when a Hollywood starlet "dabbles" in long hair...

Why I don't think it's hers: It looks very different quality-wise than the curly top part (until both parts are curled, as in the "curlier" picture below). And she couldn't have just rolled out of bed as a natural wavy-to-curly and had her hair magically that straight on the bottom, then run out of time and have to just run onto the show...make sense? It feels so "statement"-y to me. I really think it's a weave or what-have-you and that she doesn't know how to rock it...and that people will be saying, "See? That's why people shouldn't wear their hair long. Once it's long, you can't make it look nice." That just...burns my bonnet.

Okay! Rant over! :p I'm sorry I went on and on but I'm not sure I'm expressing myself correctly...wavy hair is awesome, straight hair is awesome, but oddly tweaked "this is such a lark!" hair that begs people to say "Ugh, long hair just can't look good!" ticks me off...not enough to blog about it, surely, just putting in my thoughts/ideas on observing the hair. I'll stop now, I'm still not expressing things right but hopefully you all get the gist!

I guess it never occurred to me that it might be a weave! :rolleyes::ponder:

marajade
April 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Bonnie Hunt has a show?

Yes, She does. I think it supposed to appeal to the 30-40ish female with family demographic (hey nothing wrong with that!) and I thought it was odd that they had Britney Murphy on until I found out about that lifetime movie she's in. She looks really adorable in the trailers- I might be willing to sit through the movie just to check out her hair and makeup. :p

lora410
April 10th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I think she looks amazing with long hair :D

Tichad3
April 10th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I think she looks beautiful. She has the fresh "girl next door" look that I like much better than most famous people.

GlennaGirl
April 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Yes, She does. I think it supposed to appeal to the 30-40ish female with family demographic (hey nothing wrong with that!) (snip)

Oh, okay, that explains it...I'm two years two old! :D J/k...

LittleOrca
April 10th, 2009, 10:30 AM

It makes me giggly to see that! :D

LaurelSpring
April 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Its funny how one person's idea of straggly hair is another person's idea of Fairytale ends!

I think her long hair looks awesome. The older picture is so cookie cutter boring.

marajade
April 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Its funny how one person's idea of straggly hair is another person's idea of Fairytale ends!

I think her long hair looks awesome. The older picture is so cookie cutter boring.

So True! :D

pdy2kn6
April 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
yeah i think it definately looks better longer and curly, but i guess they are probly extensions :(

shayly-fyanna
April 10th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I also think it's at least hip length and looks great. so what if she got off the plane and the show didn't have a good stylist to help. maybe Miss Murphy arrived just in time for the interview, straight from the plane? i doubt anyone's hair would look perfectly styled after hours in a plane. unless you wear a bun or braid. I think her long hair rocks, curly or not and i also think it could be her hair. and with her features long hair look better on her than shorter.

Centeredgirl1
April 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Looks like hair extensions to me. :rolleyes:

Debra83
April 10th, 2009, 04:32 PM

Ha!!! So did I! :cheese:

Debra83
April 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Oh, okay, that explains it...I'm two years two old! :D J/k...

I'm the same age as GlennaGirl (2 years older actually), and I actually like both looks. I like the length, and if my own hair (no extensions) were that length - I'd be dancing!!!! :cheese: Long or short, we'll all have bad hair days again!

amaiaisabella
April 10th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I really liked the long hair on her, but I don't think she brushed/combed it before the interview, and as previous posters said, came straight off the plane. Who among us looks picture-perfect after a long flight? Just shows she's human like the rest of us :D

Personally, I think she would have looked a lot better if she had done some twists in the front and left the rest hanging, or did a long ponytail to show off the length, but c'est la vie. Kudos to her for having super-long hair (for Hollywood, anyway!)

Debra83
April 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I recently saw Britney Murphy on The Bonnie Hunt Show a few days back and she has at least waist length hair or hip ( I think). It looks like she's in a new lifetime movie (made for TV movie of author Nora Roberts). In the movie her hair is rather curly- a throwback to her earlier days. To me, it didn't look as well styled on The Bonnie Hunt Show, but that may have been Jet Lag. Anyways, I thought it was nice to see an actress with long natural hair. (I'm pretty sure it was her own). While I do like her blonde-ish hair, I do miss her days as a botticelli chick! :cheese:I wish I could find a good picture of her on the internet, but I did find this article:

http://thecount.com/brittany-murphy-lookingumweird-on-bonnie-hunt-show/

People need to chill, seriously. :( Longer hair is going to look less "styled" sometimes. It happens. Anyone have any thoughts?

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:1i_W9g5P0e3eeM:http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/070907_murphy_300X400.jpg (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://img2.timeinc.net/instyle/images/2007/galleries/070907_murphy_300X400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://starcelebraties.blogspot.com/2009/03/actress-brittany-murphyphotoswallpapers.html&usg=___IGl069qnooZB2tetk5ZUhUtTOQ=&h=400&w=300&sz=32&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=1i_W9g5P0e3eeM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=93&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBritanny%2BMurphy%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN% 26um%3D1)

Do you mean like this?

Forever_Sophie
April 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Love the 2nd pic! Wish my hair was just a bit curlier, it would be similar (length/texture). Now, off to read the comments! ;)

Debra83
April 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I really liked the long hair on her, but I don't think she brushed/combed it before the interview, and as previous posters said, came straight off the plane. Who among us looks picture-perfect after a long flight? Just shows she's human like the rest of us :D

Personally, I think she would have looked a lot better if she had done some twists in the front and left the rest hanging, or did a long ponytail to show off the length, but c'est la vie. Kudos to her for having super-long hair (for Hollywood, anyway!)

Doesn't she live in that area?

Buddaphlyy
April 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I think it's a weave. Even in the "styled" picture, something is off about the color and texture.

amaiaisabella
April 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Doesn't she live in that area?

I'm not sure. Maybe she was coming from someplace else? Usually stars appear on shows right when some movie or event is about to take place. Maybe she was coming from there? I thought I read she came off a plane :confused: Maybe I filled in the blanks- either way the hair could have used a good detangling, by comb or brush, but her hair was in great condition, so kudos to her :)