PDA

View Full Version : Hair epiphany...

ravenreed
April 9th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I was admiring a forum member's gorgeous thick braid last night, and having a serious case of hair envy. Well, when I did a braid for bed, I took a good look at it in the mirror. The upper two or three inches which are layer free, are actually a lot thicker than I give them credit for. Since one of my hair goals is to grow out some of the layers, I anticipate having a thicker braid and I can stop lusting after other people's hair!

I need to spend more time enjoying all the things that my hair does well, especially since I have made so many changes in my hair care routine! :cheese:

Aisha25
April 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I bet I know who cause I do same thing. Was it LHGypsy??:eyebrows:
Yeah I have that case too, I focus on other peoples and not my own. Now I am better and realise I cannot have someone elses hair but I need to make mine the best they can be:) and as long as there happy, then well, thats good enough for me:thumbsup:

Juneii
April 9th, 2009, 05:16 PM
you know, that's what I tell myself, once my hair gets longer and looks thicker I'll stop envying and admiring everyone's hair. it doesn't work that way, one day I'd wish for thick straight blond hair, the next I'll be begging for red curly hair.

congrats on the braid though, layered hair is such a pain, I'm growing mine out too.

ETA: Aisha, with your beautiful hair how can you possibly envy someone?

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Echoing Juneii....Aisha, do you know how many times I've envied YOUR thick, shiny braid??? :eyebrows: It's strange to hear that you envy anyone else's, LOL.

I too am learning how to love my hair, and it's taken a long time to get to this point. I think that loving your hair and being happy to make the most of what you have is an even MORE important milestone than length markers or ponytail circumference change. Congratulations on reaching that milestone! :flower:

Aisha25
April 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM
LOL thanks :D

SleepySin
April 9th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I agree. Aisha, your hair is gorgeous. I can't even imagine how it looks when it's out.. :agape:

Debra83
April 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
It's always the same case of the "grass being greener on the other side". sigh.

ravenreed
April 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Actually, I was looking in Aisha's albums... that one of the long, thick braid just kills me.

Aisha25
April 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Actually, I was looking in Aisha's albums... that one of the long, thick braid just kills me.Thank you so much everyone and you too ravenreed:flowers: You all have really made my day the best ever in the world:disco: