PDA

View Full Version : Scalp therapy?

Eireann
April 9th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Hi all. I had a bad salon hair color experience (picture the love child of Ronald McDonald and Cindy Lauper) which was "fixed", but the whole ordeal left my scalp very irritated and tender. What can I do to help soothe it? I have on hand jojoba oil, coconut oil and aloe vera gel, as well as conventional shampoos and conditioners (with and without cones.) I feel like I want to shampoo all the salon products out of my hair (I told her to let it dry naturally after the second coloring, but she wanted to see how it looked dry to see if the color was right and so she put a bunch of junk on my hair and blow dried it). On the other hand, my hair has taken quite a beating so I'm worried about more shampoo being too harsh. I'm thinking jojoba on my scalp, then diluted shampoo, conditioner, and then coconut oil on my length while it's damp. Any thoughts?

I thought it would be "fun" to try out a different color. I definitely learned my lesson. . .I'm sorry hair! I'll never betray you again!!! :(

jera
April 9th, 2009, 03:21 PM
My scalp suffers from inflammation from certain hair colors too and I have not received relief from oils. But lately I have been finding improvement by putting Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner on my scalp and massaging it in well then putting some on my length, wrapping the whole thing in a towel for 15-20 min or so, then wash or rinse out. :)

My scalp feels intsantly cool from the Pantene condish. ( I'm stunned but happy to have found something that helps that's so simple, affordable, and easy to find. ) It's very cheap. It may help you too. If you're not finding relief from anything else, it's worth a shot. ;)

Eireann
April 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Jera. Maybe I'll try with one of the conditioners I have on hand. Do you know whether the Pantene conditioner you use has cones or not?

babybabycat
April 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I had a similiar scalp burn from a salon disaster. my scalp became very hot, red and irritated from hair chemicals. It took 3 weeks for my scalp to feel better. I didn't try any oils, I just rested my scalp by not washing my hair everyday, I started washing my hair only 2x a week.
My hair is doing OK, lots of coconut oil on the ends.

SimplyLonghair
April 9th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Scalp issues after a salon treatment tend to be chemical burns and oils would initially make it worse. I would vote for aloe first and then maybe conditioner. Wash it off though as you don't know what is still on it. Maybe just use water though, not shampoo.