PDA

View Full Version : 20 months of squiggy's progress

squiggyflop
April 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
its been 20 months.. ive made some progress.. more in the beginning than lately..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl.. this is what happened to my hair when my pink dye faded out actually i think there may have been some blue in there.. which would explain the dark dingy colored areas.. i couldnt even get all of my hair into a stubby pony tail yet because it was so short

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hair.jpg
somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches
here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture.. wow i was so skinny then... not that im fat now.. just not so scarily thin..

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair.. everyone likes the color in this one.. i wore the stripey shirt to show how far i had till waist to go..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends) the ends were so awful..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. i wonder how long my hair would be if it hadnt needed the trims... it felt so weird and short

the may picture was cut out because i cant have that many pictures in a post

june pic was cut for the same reason as the may pic
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here is end of june/early july 2008.
pic removed. my hair looks like it will have to be twice the length to reach classic..

===============================================
november 2008..

after horrible professional trim in september.. (i asked for half an inch and she cut off almost 2 inches) whatever atleast my ends were sort of even.. my layers are finally gone.. however my underside grows faster than my canopy so i still have to wait a while before my bleach damage on my canopy grows out..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/novemberprogress.jpg
the orange line by my shoulder shows about where my hair was in september 2007..

the second orange line shows about how long my hair would be if i hadnt had to trim off so much hair.. it was my original goal length..
dont be fooled though its nowhere near tailbone.. ive got a long bottom.. my tailbone is like 3 inches from the second orange line..
ok so here is january of 2009
sorry about not putting my hands at my waist i was trying to be casual and not let everyone in the class see that i was using the mac computers to take a picture of the back of me.. sorry its so dark

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hairjanuary.jpg

i had to trim off 1 inch after a horrible accident involving foam spray insulation..

ETA its a bit past hip when wet.. but its between waist and hip dry

february 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo7copy.jpg
as you can see im very close to hip.. (my hands are at waist)
hip is about 2 inches from waist.. so im only hip on days that my hair is straighter.. its wavy today so yeah not quite hip.. oh i managed to take the picture before class so thats why i was able to do hands on waist..
this picture really shows how unevenly my hair grows.. i no longer have a blunt hemline.. (though it may look more blunt blowdried straight)

april 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo2-1.jpg
well im a little bit past hip..
ive trimmed an inch since february.. i havent measured lately..not as much progress than would have liked but the trim was necessary..
9 inches trimmed so far

oh blue line is waist and orange is hip

lora410
April 9th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Well, let me just start the :thudpile:

OhioLisa
April 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Lisa loves thread titles that speak in 3rd person. They're her favorites. :p

marajade
April 9th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Great growing! It does look very lovely and healthy now- even though you have trimmed quite a bit you certainly have come a long way and you should be proud! :D

Johanna64
April 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Wow Squiggy,your hair is beautiful!!
Great growth and it looks so healthy :)

Gutterfayrie
April 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Great growing!

your hair looks Beautiful!!!!!!!

SchnauzerMom
April 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Your hair looks very beautiful, you're obviously doing the right things.

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 03:51 PM
It looks gorgeous! Even in the periods where you can't tell a lot of length has been gained, your hair is looking a lot shinier and smoother as you go along. I can definitely tell you're taking great care of your hair in the past 20 months! :flower:

plainjanegirl
April 9th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Your hair has gotten so long and it looks great !!

AnneAdeline
April 9th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, your hair looks great!

viking_quest
April 9th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Your hair looks great.

sagebabies
April 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
looks beautiful! What is your hair care routine? Do you wear it down a lot?

Tressie
April 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Well Miss Squiggy! Your hair is absolutely lovely...........thick, healthy, and great growth! Plus, I love the color and you are lovely too!! Congratulations!! (o:

longhairedfairy
April 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Very nice! :cheese:

And you have such a cute little blurry face! :D

Addy
April 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Your hair grows so fast! :D

squiggyflop
April 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
looks beautiful! What is your hair care routine? Do you wear it down a lot?
um well when i did the hair up 90% of the time challenge i ended up with 90% split ends.. which lead to trimming..
i wear it down only on wash day.. after that its mostly ponytails and then when the grease travels down to the ends its in a bun..
on wash day i clarify then i use aussie moist conditioner mixed with vo5 and breck.. i leave that on for an entire episode of whatever tv show im watching while soaking in the tub..(i wear a shower cap to keep the conditioner soaked hair from going in the water)... then i rinse that out and comb in walmart knockoff pantene.. i let that sit for like 2 minutes then i rinse that.. then i towel off my hair a bit and follow up with johnsons no more tangles leave in conditioner cream (http://www.amazon.com/Johnsons-Kids-Tangles-Leave-Conditioner/dp/B0017MO82Q).. then when im combing it later i use Vo5 detangle and shine spray..

i use a wood bristle brush plus shower combs.. sometimes i use a horn comb..

Well, let me just start the :thudpile:
*blush*

Lisa loves thread titles that speak in 3rd person. They're her favorites. :p
hehe... yes me too

Great growing! It does look very lovely and healthy now- even though you have trimmed quite a bit you certainly have come a long way and you should be proud! :D
thanks!

Wow Squiggy,your hair is beautiful!!
Great growth and it looks so healthy
thankyou!!:D

Great growing!

your hair looks Beautiful!!!!!!!
thanks!:cheese:

Your hair looks very beautiful, you're obviously doing the right things.
thanks.. im not sure if im doing the right things because its growing extra slow right now but thankyou

It looks gorgeous! Even in the periods where you can't tell a lot of length has been gained, your hair is looking a lot shinier and smoother as you go along. I can definitely tell you're taking great care of your hair in the past 20 months! :flower:
yeah its especially the recent photos there doesnt look like much growth.. but i think its partially because of trimming and because milestones are farther apart..
thanks!

Your hair has gotten so long and it looks great !!
why thankyou!

Wow, your hair looks great!
thanks!:cheese:

Your hair looks great.
oh how i love the complements.. :)

Well Miss Squiggy! Your hair is absolutely lovely...........thick, healthy, and great growth! Plus, I love the color and you are lovely too!! Congratulations!! (o:
*total blush*

Very nice!

And you have such a cute little blurry face! :D
thanks! hehe.. yeah i had to blur my face due to my pics showing up in internet searches..

Your hair grows so fast! :D
well not as much anymore.. but its not a sprint.. its a marathon..

rags
April 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Your hair is just beautiful, and what a change in 20 months! Now it's so shiny and healthy looking - it's stunning!

Natalia
April 9th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Wow you inspire me! I get so fustrated with my slow growth and even though i havent been really really horrible to my hair in years it just doesnt like to please me. Its grat to see someone who had the patience to get there! I look forward to being able to say the same thing one day :). And i hope my hair is as beautful as yours :D

RoseRedDead
April 9th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Squiggy, your hair is always so lovely. Congratulations. :flowers:

kam984420
April 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Your hair looks awesome! Congrats!:cheese:

aahavaa
April 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Your hair is looking beautiful as always squiggy! Your progress reports are so encouraging since you grow so fast and thick.Congratulations on all that growth.

ungratefulgirl
April 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I understand trimming the layers out...even still, it looks like it grew realllly fast! Wow!

plainjanegirl
April 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Is the Johnsons leave in conditioner cream heavy or light? Have you ever used it in a spray form ( diluted with water)? I used to use the vo5 shine and detangle spray but they don't carry it at any of the local stores anymore ( so I guess it's not discontinued but they probably just weren't selling enough to keep carrying it).

dulce-de-leche
April 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
very pretty :)

Peter
April 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Yet another :thud:

Ponytale
April 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Amazing progress! Thank you for posting the pictures--what fun!

s_tresses
April 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Wowww, awesome growth rate.

Samitra
April 9th, 2009, 11:54 PM
All that growth in 20 months! And it looks fantastic; thick and healthy! Wow!

Aditi
April 10th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Awesome hair photos thanks for sharing. Your hair are really beautiful.

Phalaenopsis
April 10th, 2009, 02:06 AM
That's a lot of growth! Congrats!
Beautiful hair by the way :D

Melian
April 10th, 2009, 04:35 AM
O wow, what an amazing progress! It looks gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

DecafJane
April 10th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Squiggy, you have amazing hair! Wow, I am always in awe. You'll be one of the hair idols here sooner rather than later. :D

jojo
April 10th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Beautiful as ususual, your gowth is truly amazing, you joined same time as me and had shorter hair back then, now you are a good 10" at least longer than me, you are an inspiration. Well done and thanks for sharing your pictures, I love seeing your progress xx

myotislucifugus
April 10th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Wow! You have gorgeous hair! I'm a little jealous of the thickness, congratulations!

squiggyflop
April 10th, 2009, 09:03 AM
thanks everyone!!! i would thank you all individually but then this post would take up a whole page..
this is how you all make me feel
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq170/whitemoonlight_304/puppydances.gif

I understand trimming the layers out...even still, it looks like it grew realllly fast! Wow!
well my hair is always developing layers.. the underside grows twice as fast (i measured) as the canopy so every month i end up with layers again.. it only really grew fast in the beginning when i was taking vitamins (before they went up in price) i was getting a good 2-3 inches per month on those vitamins.. then the evil company said 'oh people are buying these vitamins.. lets double the price and make a huge profit!' and then they increased the price yet again.. EVIL!!

Is the Johnsons leave in conditioner cream heavy or light? Have you ever used it in a spray form ( diluted with water)? I used to use the vo5 shine and detangle spray but they don't carry it at any of the local stores anymore ( so I guess it's not discontinued but they probably just weren't selling enough to keep carrying it).
the leave in cream is very light.. i have yet been able to put too much in my hair.. even when i put a big glob in it, it still turned out pretty.. though a dime size amount is really all i need.. it doesnt work all that well if the hair is dry though..

i havent used their spray since they changed their formula.. and i never diluted it.. if it doesnt work full strength then there is no point in diluting.. the new formulas (more than one) just dont do the job.. sure they smell better but i would rather have the old smell with tanglefree hair than the new smells and huge mattes (my hair mattes itself very quickly without cones.. it wants to be dreadlocks)

most stores will only carry something if the company buys the shelf space.. obviously Vo5 didnt buy much space in your local stores.. its too bad.. the vo5 spray is the only one i like.. mostly because i can use it on my scalp tangles without looking greasy..

Beautiful as ususual, your gowth is truly amazing, you joined same time as me and had shorter hair back then, now you are a good 10" at least longer than me, you are an inspiration. Well done and thanks for sharing your pictures, I love seeing your progress xx
hmmm i dont know if im that much longer than you.. i think its more like 7 inches..

man i wish my hair would never get split ends or break off.. i would be 42 inches by now.. (about classic).. darn it.. if only i hadnt bleached my hair all the time and learned about cones sooner.. oh well.. but boy would it have been cool to go from shoulder to classic in 20 months..

Canarygirl
April 10th, 2009, 03:13 PM
it only really grew fast in the beginning when i was taking vitamins (before they went up in price) i was getting a good 2-3 inches per month on those vitamins..

Okay missy, I want the name of those vitamins pronto! :D

I have a question...in your stripey shirt photos your hair is very red but later it isn't....I assume that the red was not henna then, right? I wouldn't think henna would disappear that quickly. Beautiful hair and amazing growth!

squiggyflop
April 11th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Okay missy, I want the name of those vitamins pronto! :D

I have a question...in your stripey shirt photos your hair is very red but later it isn't....I assume that the red was not henna then, right? I wouldn't think henna would disappear that quickly. Beautiful hair and amazing growth!
natrol skin hair nails+ a knockoff centrum

natrol used to be 6$ for a month supply.. now its 16$ (if you buy them in a store..online you might be able to find them cheaper)

i must warn that everyone has a genetic maximum hair growth speed.. my genetic maximum is MUCH faster than most people.. vitamins will only allow you to get as close to your genetic limit on speed as possible.. i believe i maxed out my speed at 3 inches per month with very little stress (i was working at a job i liked and hadnt started college yet) and lots of vitamins..

also although natrol skin hair nails vitamins work wonders they taste AWFUL. always take them with food and never lay down within 20 minutes of taking them.. the only way i found to cover the taste was to take them with chocolate milk..

about my hair color.. my hair is the exact same color now as it was then.. the wonderful thing about henna is that it looks different in different lights.. sometimes i look brown indoors and surprise the heck out of people when i go outside and my hair flames up to an impossibly red hue.. it also depends on the camera i use..

i have been using henna since september 2007..
before that i had faded out pink hair.. yes i said PINK..
and some time before i started dyeing my hair i had this color..
its the only real picture ive got of my natural color (it hasnt been natural in so long) yes i distorted my face and changed my eye color..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/distortshorthair.jpg
the pic also shows how straight my hair was before puberty kicked in and i became a wavy girl.. if i cut my hair that short right now it ends up being crazy and the bangs flip back like farrah fawcett
so somewhere under the henna my hair is this weird shade of reddish brown

ps sorry about the size..

vindo
April 11th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Awesome Progress! It looks better in many ways, more length, healthier, more even, you can be very proud! :flower:

camirra555
Great progress! I'm a little envious lol

DarkChocolate
Wow:) Your hair grows so fast:) It has a nice color and is so thick. Your hair has also improved alot too. I love the soft waves. I like your little mini-anniversary posts:)

littlemiss
April 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
you must be going something right your hair looks great!!! congratulations on beautiful hair!!!:flowers:

Debra83
April 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Way to Go! REALLY encouraging to see the growth in 20 months. I might me down to the floor by then if I play my cards/vitamins/head massages right! (because I'm planning not to cut or have accidents with insulation!!) Hope, Hope, Hope!!!

RavennaNight
April 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I love when you post progress Squiggyflop! Your hair, as always, is fabulous!

squiggyflop
April 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Awesome Progress! It looks better in many ways, more length, healthier, more even, you can be very proud! :flower:
aaahhh that means alot coming from a hair idol like you.. :cheese:

Great progress! I'm a little envious lol
thanks! no need to be envious though:o

Wow Your hair grows so fast It has a nice color and is so thick. Your hair has also improved alot too. I love the soft waves. I like your little mini-anniversary posts
thanks.:D. i started doing the mini anniversary posts back in my photo journal thread on the old pre crash LHC.. i did it because in the beginning i was getting a ton of growth due to the vitamins and stressfree lifestyle i had..

im going to switch it up next time by changing all my first year at lhc pictures to a big clickable pic (i keep having to leave out pictures due to the 10 picture limit).. i made a sketch today of possibly what it will be like..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_year1hair.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/?action=view&current=year1hair.jpg)
im not sure if ill change it..

you must be going something right your hair looks great!!! congratulations on beautiful hair!!!:flowers:
thankyou *blush*

Way to Go! REALLY encouraging to see the growth in 20 months. I might me down to the floor by then if I play my cards/vitamins/head massages right! (because I'm planning not to cut or have accidents with insulation!!) Hope, Hope, Hope!!!

hehe well good luck getting down to floor length in 20 months.. if i hadnt trimmed and had that insulation accident i would have gotten to classic by now.. sadly ive come to accept that:
my grows unevenly and the underside always grows faster so getting rid of layers is impossible
my hair splits easily
im clumsey and accident prone
if i dont trim my hair the damaged bits will beat up the healthy bits and cause more damage.. and eventually my hair will just break off at about waist (shoulder if there is hair bleach involved)if you dont have these problems then i see no reason why you cant get a ton of progress in a short period of time.. though ive never heard of anyone going from shoulder to floor in 20 months.. maybe if they were 3.5 feet tall.. hehe

I love when you post progress Squiggyflop! Your hair, as always, is fabulous!
thanks! :cool: and i love posting my progress because of comments like yours..

Jessclewlow
April 15th, 2009, 05:23 AM
blimey... thats some major growth! you been using miracle grow or something?! haha
whats your technique!? it looks beautiful x

rach
April 15th, 2009, 06:18 AM
:bigeyes: blimy, wow , well done

Heavenly Locks
April 15th, 2009, 06:25 AM
GREAT looking hair. :) Your progress is really inspirational. It makes me wonder how soon I will make it to my goal. I was hoping to make it to hip + in 3 years...if I grow like you, I'll be there in half that time!

WelshLocks
April 15th, 2009, 06:33 AM
So in a year and a half you went from just about apl to waist?That's fabulous!I hope mine grows that fast!I'm sitting barely at bsl and have been growing it for about a year now(from pretty much chin length.)I started in May 08 and and hoping to be at waist by December 09. :)

Beautiful color and well everything!

learnthenLive!
April 15th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Wow, that's some fast hair growth. Your hair is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you!

Petra
April 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Wow--the change in the condition of your hair is remarkable! It's completely gorgeous!

Add one more to the :thudpile:

wackyredtangles
April 15th, 2009, 08:13 AM
*claps*

You give me hope.

KajiKodomo
April 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Congrats! You've made a lot of progress! :D

squiggyflop
April 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
blimey... thats some major growth! you been using miracle grow or something?! haha
whats your technique!? it looks beautiful x
nope no miracle grow.. just good genes and lots of protien in my diet.. there also was some vitamins in the beginning..

:bigeyes: blimy, wow , well done
thanks.. im not actually sure what blimy means but it seems to be positive.. :)

GREAT looking hair. :) Your progress is really inspirational. It makes me wonder how soon I will make it to my goal. I was hoping to make it to hip + in 3 years...if I grow like you, I'll be there in half that time!
thanks!
im sure you will get there when your supposed to get there.. no sense rushing it along..

So in a year and a half you went from just about apl to waist?That's fabulous!I hope mine grows that fast!I'm sitting barely at bsl and have been growing it for about a year now(from pretty much chin length.)I started in May 08 and and hoping to be at waist by December 09. :)

Beautiful color and well everything!
well it wasnt apl yet.. much closer to shoulder.. but i actually went from not yet apl to waist in 6-7 months.. but i had to chop it back because the bleached ends were getting all yucky.. so in a year and a half i went from about shoulder to waist, chopped it back to bsl and then grew it back to waist and now im hip on most days.. unless im extra wavy or something..

Wow, that's some fast hair growth. Your hair is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you!
*blush*

Wow--the change in the condition of your hair is remarkable! It's completely gorgeous!

Add one more to the :thudpile:
thanks! man i love those thudpile smileys..

*claps*

You give me hope.
thanks for the applause:)

Congrats! You've made a lot of progress! :D
thanks! actualy i havent made much lately.. too much stress..

Ryanne
April 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Gorgeous hair! Congrats!

lapushka
April 17th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Congratulations on reaching hip length! :)

squiggyflop
April 24th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Gorgeous hair! Congrats!
thanks!

Congratulations on reaching hip length! :)
thankyou!

sorry to not respond quicker.. ive been very busy with my studies

Firefly
April 24th, 2009, 04:37 PM
It's looking awesome-- so thick and healthy. Way to go!

Maelyssa
April 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Absolutely beautiful progress!
I admit I'm so in love with the henna but your natural color is simply gorgeous.
You've got the best of both worlds.
Keep it up!

kirky
April 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Very nice! I am so impressed with your determination...you get a trim, or visit a scissor-happy stylist for a big trim, and you keep growing long and strong! Great job!

Silver Strands
April 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM
It looks great Squiggy!
Also softer, smoother and healthier than ever!
Great job!

Jason
April 24th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I really enjoyed seeing your timeline of progress photos. Your hair is looking simply fantastic at this point.

squiggyflop
April 30th, 2009, 08:36 PM
It's looking awesome-- so thick and healthy. Way to go!
thanks! its actually not all that thick.. ive had some shedding

Absolutely beautiful progress!
I admit I'm so in love with the henna but your natural color is simply gorgeous.
You've got the best of both worlds.
Keep it up!
you are sweet. the trouble with my natural color is that it will keep fading until the ends are strawberry blond the middle is copper and the roots are brownish. so it always looked like i dyed my hair.

Very nice! I am so impressed with your determination...you get a trim, or visit a scissor-happy stylist for a big trim, and you keep growing long and strong! Great job!
thanks!:o well you make it sound grand like i did something big.. it really just grows by itself. no scissor happy stylist is going to make it stop growing..

It looks great Squiggy!
Also softer, smoother and healthier than ever!
Great job!
thankyou!

I really enjoyed seeing your timeline of progress photos. Your hair is looking simply fantastic at this point.
im glad you enjoyed it.. and thankyou

OK now today is the last day of the month. so i probably wont be checking this thread for peoples comments. if i do ill just thank you on your profile.

oh and there might not be any new pictures for a while. my classes are ending so my ability to use the schools cameras will be gone. i dont know when ill get another camera. by the time i get one i might already be past tailbone.

Jessica Trapp
April 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
WOW! I love growth threads. Your hair looks fantastic.

jess

chelles2kids
April 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
What great comparison pictures!:D
You're hair is amazing and I know you've been told a million and one times, but seriously, I love your color!

Thanks for sharing the pics. with us all.:flower: