PDA

View Full Version : Such a Doofus

Tapioca
April 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
I feel like such a doofus. :doh:
I popped into the work restroom to put my hair up. Got my toiletry bag from the locker, stood in front of the mirror, and opened the bag. Took out my brush and hand mirror. Wanted to see how my waves were looking, so I put one item down on the counter, turned around, and looked into my ... brush. Doesn't work quite as well as looking in a mirror. :p

Lamb
April 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Oh, bathroom absent-mindedness... Have you ever brushed your teeth with moisturizer? Worth a try! :p

Poolsoflaughter
April 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
Haha, I would so do that, but then again, I do a lot of silly things! :)

WritingPrincess
April 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
:rollin: When I was 3 or 4, I was at a birthday party and I went to go wash my hands off. There was something on my hand. Vanilla frosting, right? Wrong. I will never forget how nasty that tasted.

cuddledumplin
April 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Aw, that's not a doofus moment. The other day, I was walking with my husband, and I said I liked this car. I wasn't paying sufficient attention to where I was going, and as soon as the words came out of my mouth, I tripped on a kerb and fell. I skinned my knee and hands. I felt like a complete idiot.

yogachic
April 3rd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Once when i was a teen , i was going to wash my hair, I picked up the bar of body soap, got a good amount of lather on my hands, and started shampooing my hair with it.

Paniscus
April 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
That's too funny. Sounds like something I would do. I once was having road rage when this guy cut in front of me. I thought I would really get him and bright light him... only to find I hit my window wipers instead. Sheesh. It happens sometimes :cheese:

intothemist1999
April 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Haha, I would so do that, but then again, I do a lot of silly things! :)

hehehe me, too. I've put the creamer in the cupboard, and the sugar bowl in the fridge!! :)

cupcakeblonde
April 3rd, 2008, 07:38 PM
LOL, sounds like something I would do. Someone asked me the other day to use my sharpener, and I passed them my stapler LOL

AJoifulNoise
April 3rd, 2008, 08:08 PM
Once when i was a teen , i was going to wash my hair, I picked up the bar of body soap, got a good amount of lather on my hands, and started shampooing my hair with it.

I've done the same thing with my shower gel... And I believe I've done it with shave gel, too.

longhairedfairy
April 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
I've done the same thing with my shower gel... And I believe I've done it with shave gel, too.
Shave gel? LOL!

ETA: Have you ever just not been paying attention and started brushing with the wrong side of the brush?

ColoradoDreamer
April 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Shortly before my parents were married, my mom caught herself trying to put a carton of milk into the dresser drawer. She looked in the fridge . . . there were her freshly laundered, folded undies!

zelah
April 4th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Once after rolling out of bed I stumbled my way into the bathroom and brushed my teeth with my mom's toothbrush. Now I am always sure to "wake up" first before attempting anything that requires more than a few brain cells to complete, i.e. brushing one's teeth with one's own toothbrush!:shrug:

zelah
April 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
ETA: Have you ever just not been paying attention and started brushing with the wrong side of the brush?

Sheesh I do this ALL the time. It is a lot easier to move than when using the bristles however!

lynnala
April 4th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Whenever I can't find something, I look in the refrigerator. Not that I'VE ever put something stupid there, but you know, I've heard other people have.....:o
Okay, so I found my keys in there once.

Miss Murphy
April 4th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Oh, bathroom absent-mindedness... Have you ever brushed your teeth with moisturizer? Worth a try! :p

I've SO done that. Tasted absolutely horrible! I used my facial cleanser, though.

My best doofus moment though involved the kitchen:

I was doing the dishes, and suddenly got wet feet. I opened the cabinet underneath the sink, and saw that the syphon piping has become loose. So I try to push it back toghether. What happens though is that the whole thing comes loose, and I now hold the L-shaped bit in my hands. There is of course some water in it.

And what do I do? Why, of course I pour the water down the sink! And watch it splatter right into the cabinet.

D'uh.

shrimp
April 4th, 2008, 05:29 AM
My first ever CO wash was becasue I picked up the wrong bottle and was feeling lazy (pre LHC, it didn't work too well :lol:)

I have one friend who has managed to try to write with my hairsticks a few times and been completely flumoxed by the fact that the pen doesn't seem to work. Mind you he was also convinced for a while that I'd be fin without cutlery as I could use my 'hair chopsticks' :rolleyes:

Shanarana
April 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I've sprayed my hair with deod. many times.....I use the stick now. lol

MemSahib
April 4th, 2008, 07:00 AM
My mother kept Ben Gay beside her toothpaste. For years. :bigeyes: She said it didn't taste good.

Lavendula
April 4th, 2008, 07:41 AM
LOL... so I'm not the only one around here ;)... The absent-minded thing... happens to me all of the time. I'm always daydreaming or doing more than one thing at the same time (and although I'm a woman... I simply *can't*). My friends STILL have a good laugh because of the time I drank almost a whole mug of "tea", commenting that it hadn't got much taste, to be pointed out that it was just plain water and I forgot to put the teabag in! A lot of times when I step into a room, I stumble across the doorstep... Always a nice entrance!

Although it made me often feel awkward in my teens, now I'm just totally fine with it... Yeah, I'm a doofus (and that's such a sweet word!).

Curlsgirl
April 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Once for Christmas someone gave me some Bath and Body Works stuff (I was in a Sunday School group) and took one of the bottles out right away and started rubbing it into my hands. I thought it was that hand sanitizer no water stuff. Nope, it was soap. I wondered why it wouldn't absorb and was so sticky :shrug:

AJoifulNoise
April 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Mememe! I've done that.

As for the kitchen... I've been known to try to put the milk in the cupboard. It's a good thing it doesn't fit.

Whenever my stepmom loses soemthing she always looks in the freezer first.

Choccielocks
April 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Curlsgirl - I've done the reverse of what you did - washed my hands with soap from a pump dispenser and wondered why it was tingly and wasn't lathering at all - it was the gel hand sanitiser stuff! Duh!

catfish
April 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Ha Ha Yay I'm not alone, I walk into doors, trip over myself, pour cereal in the cat bowl and cat kibble in my bowl (with strawberry milk some kibbles' not too bad):silly: and have more than once tried to brush my hair with my cell phone.:o

EmeraldIona
April 4th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Mememe! I've done that.

As for the kitchen... I've been known to try to put the milk in the cupboard. It's a good thing it doesn't fit.

Whenever my stepmom loses soemthing she always looks in the freezer first.
I do the freezer thing all the time.....I thought it was just me! haha

longhairedfairy
April 4th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Once after rolling out of bed I stumbled my way into the bathroom and brushed my teeth with my mom's toothbrush. Now I am always sure to "wake up" first before attempting anything that requires more than a few brain cells to complete, i.e. brushing one's teeth with one's own toothbrush!:shrug:

LMAO! I did that about a year or so ago! Didn't notice it was my mom's until I was done!

longhairedfairy
April 4th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Shortly before my parents were married, my mom caught herself trying to put a carton of milk into the dresser drawer. She looked in the fridge . . . there were her freshly laundered, folded undies!

LOL! Keeps them fresh!

longhairedfairy
April 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM
LOL... so I'm not the only one around here ;)... The absent-minded thing... happens to me all of the time. I'm always daydreaming or doing more than one thing at the same time (and although I'm a woman... I simply *can't*). My friends STILL have a good laugh because of the time I drank almost a whole mug of "tea", commenting that it hadn't got much taste, to be pointed out that it was just plain water and I forgot to put the teabag in! A lot of times when I step into a room, I stumble across the doorstep... Always a nice entrance!

Although it made me often feel awkward in my teens, now I'm just totally fine with it... Yeah, I'm a doofus (and that's such a sweet word!).

Sometimes I forget to actually pour the water after the teapot whistles.

I've run my shoulder into door frames many times just because I wasn't paying attention:D

longhairedfairy
April 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I've SO done that. Tasted absolutely horrible! I used my facial cleanser, though.

My best doofus moment though involved the kitchen:

I was doing the dishes, and suddenly got wet feet. I opened the cabinet underneath the sink, and saw that the syphon piping has become loose. So I try to push it back toghether. What happens though is that the whole thing comes loose, and I now hold the L-shaped bit in my hands. There is of course some water in it.

And what do I do? Why, of course I pour the water down the sink! And watch it splatter right into the cabinet.

D'uh.

ROFLMAO! I can definitely see myself doing that!

zelah
April 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Oh geez, so today at work we got a kite from a manufacturer, and my boss and I decided to try to put it together. One of the cross sticks seemed to be broken so we decided to krazy glue the thing together. I ended up gluing my right index finger to my left middle fingernail. After finally prying myself loose and getting as much of the glue off as I could (there's still a few layers that I guess I'm going to have to get used to!) I sat down to tape the darned thing together.. lo and behold, there was a little plastic piece to put the cross sticks into! It wasn't broken at all! :p Gosh do I feel dumb...!

longhairedfairy
April 4th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I put distilled water in my cereal a couple of times instead of milk and wondered at first why it didn't taste right.
I think my mom's mom used to put the dish towel in the fridge all the time.
I grew up with a fridge that has the type of freezer that my parents always chipped the ice out of when they defrosted it. This is not a good idea with the little fridges designed for college dorms. About a year ago, I was almost done cleaning the second of two small refrigerators and was just chipping some ice out of the smaller one. I broke the thing that contains the freon and got it sprayed in my face. Felt very stupid. Evacuated all the animals, taking them to the house of my surprised grandmother. There were five hedgehogs (my three and my mother's and my sister's) in their cages and one dog.

longhairedfairy
April 4th, 2008, 02:26 PM
:rollin: When I was 3 or 4, I was at a birthday party and I went to go wash my hands off. There was something on my hand. Vanilla frosting, right? Wrong. I will never forget how nasty that tasted.

That's really funny! :rollin:

HairColoredHair
April 4th, 2008, 04:00 PM
The other day I was walking along the sidewalk through a parking lot and noticed an empty, parked car dead in the middle of a no parking zone. I turned to me roommate and said 'sometimes don't you just want to kick people that park in no parking zones?'

Then I tripped on a broken piece of sidewalk and ran into the car!

I sprained my ankle in the process and my loving roommate was laughing... she thought I'd meant to kick the car and that I hadn't hurt myself at all! :o

SearMeCarefully
April 4th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Oh I have one that my friend has been laughing at for years and tells about everyone.. I fell down a mountain.. sorta
My friends family and I were staying in a mountain resort and we went out hiking and it was getting dark so we decided to head back.. and we were at the top of a fairly steep hill and I was all oh I'm gunna run down this thing totally! and I went to go but she went in front of me so I went to go around and she went in front of me again! so I said "You always walk where I want to go!" (but shhhe says I said "you always want to walk the way I do!") and then I quickly went around her and started running, then she said it was like my whole right side in mid stride decided to stop working.. just gave out..
Yeah.. totally fell and all I saw was dark - sky - dark - sky -dark - sky for like 40 feet until I rolled into a tiny gully.. then I hear "StaAaAar (trying not to laugh voice) are yooOu OkaaAay??"
*dazed looking up at the sky, and actually wiggles finger and toes to see if they move*
"..yeaah.. I think...so..."
"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

I. will. Never. live that down.
..evAr.

longhairedfairy
April 5th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Oh I have one that my friend has been laughing at for years and tells about everyone.. I fell down a mountain.. sorta
My friends family and I were staying in a mountain resort and we went out hiking and it was getting dark so we decided to head back.. and we were at the top of a fairly steep hill and I was all oh I'm gunna run down this thing totally! and I went to go but she went in front of me so I went to go around and she went in front of me again! so I said "You always walk where I want to go!" (but shhhe says I said "you always want to walk the way I do!") and then I quickly went around her and started running, then she said it was like my whole right side in mid stride decided to stop working.. just gave out..
Yeah.. totally fell and all I saw was dark - sky - dark - sky -dark - sky for like 40 feet until I rolled into a tiny gully.. then I hear "StaAaAar (trying not to laugh voice) are yooOu OkaaAay??"
*dazed looking up at the sky, and actually wiggles finger and toes to see if they move*
"..yeaah.. I think...so..."
"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"

I. will. Never. live that down.
..evAr.

That reminded me of an incident that happened the last time I went to choir camp. I was taking a nighttime walk through the woods and down the road with two of my friends, J and D. We saw a car coming and for some reason J yelled, “Hide!” He and D went over the guardrail to get out of the way and I jumped over it a few feet away… and kept going. I don’t have great night vision and there wasn’t as much to land on as I had expected. My feet did touch the ground, but the dirt was really soft and loose. It wasn’t wet or anything, just slippery. I think I said, “I’m gonna fall!” and down the hill I went, about 30 feet or so. On the way down I was thinking, “Wow, I hope there aren’t any cliffs below me.” WV has lots and lots of cliffs. I was actually pretty calm. When I finally stopped sliding, I got stuck. This is really embarrassing for someone who grew up in this sort of place, not to be able to climb up a hill, but every time I moved I would slide a bit more. J, who, unlike me, has pretty good night vision decided to slide down to help me. Then we both were stuck, and started to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation. He tried to get D to come down also, but he said he was scared. J said he thought that we could just go down the rest of the way to get back to camp because there didn’t seem to be any cliffs, as I had feared. D offered to go get help or get a rope or something, but we said, “NO! We’ll never live this down if you bring anyone else to see this!” J thought he could probably map out a route to get us both back up safely, so I went where he directed me. The trees were not close enough together for me to pull myself from one to another, as I would normally have done. I had to dig my fingers into the dirt to claw my way back up, and, although I’m not very big, J actually had to help push me up from behind to keep me from sliding again. It was a wonder we didn’t get poison ivy and I was just scratched and bruised, but otherwise uninjured. It was such a stupid situation that we couldn’t help but laugh at ourselves (mostly at me). I was later told that I almost got nicknamed “Cliff-Diver” when the other choir members inevitably found out.

Isilya
April 5th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I was practising a Dutch 5-strand herringbone braid this morning while listening to some music through my earphones. When I got to the part I couldn't reach down far enough to finish the braid, I brought it over my left shoulder as I usually do and braided till the end without looking. Then I reached for a hair band and felt my left earphone pulling. So I look in the mirror and see I braided the wire along with my hair :rolleyes:.

Lillian
April 5th, 2008, 06:54 AM
My first ever CO wash was becasue I picked up the wrong bottle and was feeling lazy (pre LHC, it didn't work too well :lol:)

Me too, and that was well before I even knew what CO was... :lol:

Tapioca
April 5th, 2008, 07:33 AM
And here I go chatting along, not realizing that I'm totally off topic! Wrong thread!

Isilya
April 5th, 2008, 08:52 AM
And here I go chatting along, not realizing that I'm totally off topic! Wrong thread!
Don't worry, I'm sure posting in the wrong thread can qualify as 'doofus'-behaviour as well, so actually, now you're on topic :).

Please don't be offended :flowers:, I'm only kidding.

WritingPrincess
April 5th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I thought I'd specified that it was SOAP, not frosting. :shrug: