PDA

View Full Version : Frizz - help!

Kina
April 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
ok, so I'm putting my hair up every day (except for yesterday morning, because it wasn't dry yet and I hate putting my hair up wet, but it did eventually get into a messy cinnabun)

I'm trying to back off on product, specifically gel, but the frizz is getting out of control. I can't use products like frizzease because it weighs my hair down too much and makes it look greasy.

I wash my hair about once a week, but do CO the rest of the time from the ears down.

I'd like my hair to look sleek, but it tends to frizz at the best of time, but without product, I'm sporting a small afro, which is fine if that's what you're going for, but I'm not!!!!

Thanks in advance!

HairColoredHair
April 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
You could try Kimberlily's defrizz spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277&highlight=kimberlily+spray). :D

Damp updos limit flyaways too, just damp, not necessarily wet.

Debra83
April 8th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Dove has a product that one of the cab drivers (female) that I get a lot told me about so I've been using it too. It's AWESOME and comes in little bottles at the drugstore and dollar store in town (cheaper at the $ store)...it's called, "Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream with repairing serum". It says, "use on damp or dry hair". It's very convenient because it is portable so I take it to work (both jobs) with me, it doesn't make my hair greasy at all - I care less if it has cones or not because IT WORKS SO WELL! The bottle has a safety twist closure so it never leaks in my bag and a little goes a long way. I HIGHLY recommend it. I have had a TON of compliments this past week and a half since applying it on my coffee breaks after *flinch* brushing my hair. My hair is shiny and soft and looks healthier every day. I LOVE it!

Roseate
April 9th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I also like Kimberlily's spray linked above. Pure aloe gel also works to tame frizz, and I like Fox's conditioning cream (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4586) on my ends to weigh them down some and keep it looking sleeker.

rose_in_bloom
April 9th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Another vote for Kimberlily's defrizz spray! Aubrey Organics has a detangling/conditioning spray that works very well for frizzies. Also, I use pure aloe gel for really bad frizz that just won't stay down no matter what. It usually does the trick.