PDA

View Full Version : New hair do?

CindyLea1
April 8th, 2009, 08:12 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2256&pictureid=36213

Is this something new? I put in a ponytail, wrapped the scarf under the ponytail, then over the top twisted it once (like the first step in tying your shoes) divided the hair into 2 pieces. Wrapped each half of the scarf around each half of the ponytail. Then wrapped each hair in opposite directions with a twist at the top and bottom of the bun.(Like for a chinese bun) When I had just a bit for the tails, I cinched it up tight and went about my day.

It held through 4 hours of chasing babies at work, this one is a keeper!

What do you all think?

AmyJorgensen
April 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I think I need step by step pics, but it sounds cool...and I have a lot of silky scarves I don't use much.

CindyLea1
April 9th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I'll see if I can't get my son to take better pictures when I redo this do for today. I even slept in it and it stayed!

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I've certainly never done this, and I don't see many scarf-do's around where I live.....so it's new to me! It looks pretty; I have a lot of silk scarves I inherited from my grandma that I never use...I may well start this summer. :D Thanks for sharing!!

KajiKodomo
April 9th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I've never heard of it, but I like it! :D

MadPirateBippy
April 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I agree with the need for step by step pics. I want to be able to try this and I am a slowly recovering hair idiot- be gentle with me. :D