PDA

View Full Version : Sooooooooooo soft!

cupcakeblonde
April 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
My hair has never been softer for as long as I remember. 2 days ago I clarified to remove biuld up as I had purchased cone free to try after years of cones. Now its so soft. I read somewhere that bleached hair can break with no cones, so I still am wary. I put cocnut oil in last night and slept on it, and washed it this morning, I can believe how sleek and shiny it is :) Does that mean my hair agrees with no cones or its just enjoying the coconut oil?

Thanks LHC!

Shanarana
April 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hmmm, hard to tell, although coconut oil is good period, and using no-cones may be a break you hair needs right now. I for one use cones, and no-cones depending on the way I wear it, the weather, and how it feels in general. I would think that it is the coconut oil making feel so soft. Just got some myself and already notice a difference.

Curlsgirl
April 3rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
Could be either or both! Enjoy it and keep on doing it while it works! I don't use cones and I have MUCH more consistent good hair days and just better hair all around without them. Everyone is different though.

Sidani
April 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
I gave up on cones, too, and my hair felt much better but after using coconut oil on it, it feels like satin. My money is on the coconut oil. ;) My hair felt good with no cones, but it felt great after coconut oil.

What's your hair type?

CaityBear
April 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
I've been using cone-free as well and I find my hair to be quite soft. I've never used coconut oil, all I have is EVOO and I find that after using that overnight my hair is a tad bit softer I guess.

Your hair seems to like it though so enjoy the softness. :D

cupcakeblonde
April 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
My hair is fine, but a lot of it, im not sure how the hair types are classed with the letters and numbers stuff lol

Capriquarius
April 4th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I bet the coconut oil is just what your hair wanted...it's like a protein treatment, which is probably good for your bleached hair! :-)

Choccielocks
April 4th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I've been cone-free for around a year now and I've noticed a huge difference in my hair, more curly (probably as it's less weighed down) and softer. Although when I stopped, the damage did show up a lot more!

rx queen.
April 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
my hair is unhappy without the cones :(

but would it still benefit from the coconut oil?

i usually just pretreat it with weleda's rosemary hair oil (which it really adores =)

FB
April 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I just ordered some coconut oil and cannot wait to try it now. I have been cone free for over a year and have also noticed my hair getting more wavy and also I have been noticing more damage showing up. So I hope the oil helps keep the damage hidden.