PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE with Newfound Hope!

nesnem
April 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hello to All-

I am so glad to be a part of this site! I went for a haircut a few months ago (hoping to get a great Ouidad cut to make for great natural curls) and ended up being robbed of my beloved hair. :( Communication is key - they may be listening, but make sure they are hearing you before the scissors touch your hair! **Lesson learned...very hard lesson** I lost just over 1 foot of hair and was mourning the loss for days (read: lots of crying and pouting and cursing) and then...I found this site! :cheese:

Funny thing is, I found this website as I was searching for ways to accelerate hair growth and to remind myself that I was not alone in getting bad hair cuts. I If only I could've found this great site a few days sooner...I definitely would not have cut my hair and would've been reminded that long hair is a blessing not a curse (even in this crazy hot desert that I live in)**sigh** Oh well - let's stay positive, right?

It has been a thrill to know that I am not alone and that there are others out there just as obsessed about hair/hair growth as I am. (will be chatting with fellow 'shorties' soon).:D
I am definitely a hair-product junkie (mostly natural products that will benefit and not take away). I used to abuse my hair and do everything to keep it straight, now I embrace my curls and do everything I can to keep it healthy and shiny.

**OH - I'm new here and new to forums so I don't know the proper ettiquette for a first post. Forgive me if I ramble too much for the first time. ;) I like to be an open book.

I am very into natural living and Ayurvedic ways so I may like to chat about that sometime and how it can help with hair growth. I am doing all that I can with this in providing for the healthiest fastest hair growth. I am fascinated with Indian (India) hair products. I think they have the most beautiful hair in the world so they must be doing something right (of course they have genetics on their side, too!) I just ordered lots of oils/powders so fingers crossed!!

As for my genetics, I have some of that on my side. My mother has beautiful hair (she's Portuguese) that helps contributes to my biracial hair texture.

I pull back my hair almost daily (I know people think I'm odd/lazy because of it but so what) and I use mostly natural products. I have to have product to keep my curly hair under control now that it is so short :-( I often do a wetset/wet look. I have a bad habit of pulling my hair back wet, so I often use something that will deep condition my hair throughout the day. I am currently in Love with Dr. Bronner's hair cremes (lavendar coconut one). That stuff is amazing! Great for curly girls.

I deep condition my hair atleast once a week, but since I am obsessed with growing my hair back fast, I have been doing more oil treatments (coconut, brahmi, mixed essential oils, etc.)

I am focusing a lot on scalp massage. Finally making use of my 'The Tingler' head massager.

My supplements are all focused on hair growth (of course):
Vitamin Code Raw Multi (best out there IMHO)
MSM
Biotin (layed off a bit - causing breakouts, I think??)
Silica (my nails are so much stronger and thicker - hope does same for hair)
Chlorella (great for detoxing body which = healthier body for faster hair growth?? maybe)

Ok - that's about it. Thanks for reading. Look forward to getting to know everyone...:poot:

(pics should be up soon...)

Redheaded Raven
April 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to LHC, I think you will find good advise here :blossom:

LHGypsyRose
April 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hello and welcome to the communtiy! :) It sounds like you should have been here a long time ago! I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate visit to the salon. I had one of my own a few years back where I ended up loosing balls of hair! Maybe I can tell you about it sometimes;)

I totaly agree that Indian women have the most gorgeous hair! I don't know if it's thier diet or if they just have good hair genes, but something works for them!
I also Looove natural beauty products..it's scary to read about all the harmful stuff they put in store bought products now! Well good luck growing and I'll see you around the boards:)

nesnem
April 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you both for the replys and for welcoming me. Greatly appreciated. I agree that I should've been here long ago. Loving the site, just having a few problems navigating...

...how do I keep track of places that I've posted replies??? Can someone please help me with this?! Is there some place that I can go to under my profile that will show all the places that I've posted so that I can follow up on them and check for replies/remain part of the conversation. I'm assuming there has to be a way. Any guidance from anyone is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Redheaded Raven
April 13th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Thank you both for the replys and for welcoming me. Greatly appreciated. I agree that I should've been here long ago. Loving the site, just having a few problems navigating...

...how do I keep track of places that I've posted replies??? Can someone please help me with this?! Is there some place that I can go to under my profile that will show all the places that I've posted so that I can follow up on them and check for replies/remain part of the conversation. I'm assuming there has to be a way. Any guidance from anyone is GREATLY appreciated!!!
When you do a reply there is a section that gives you options on notification, everything from doing nothing to instant email notification. This is located below the first summit button, I use no email notification, that sends it to my user cp. Then I click on user cp and it will show my subscribed treads. HTH You can set it as automatic from your preferences as well.

Suzie22
April 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Welcome... I have been there. Not communicating with your hair cutter can be a nightmare! I have had mine! :(

janeytilllie
April 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hello and welcome TLHC :flower:

mikegeorge
April 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Have you seen the Morrocco Method. I switched from Dr. Bronner to Morrocco Method just recently (only three days), But, I have been very pleased.

neon-dream
April 13th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I had my bad hair cut a few years back :(!
Welcome to LHC :blossom:

nesnem
April 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Thank you Redheaded Raven. I will check into everything you mentioned. Really appreciate the advice. Whenever I click on my User CP, it states that I am not yet able to use/view it. ??? Guessing because I haven't posted enough.

nesnem
April 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Also, thanks to everyone again for welcoming me!

nesnem
April 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Have you seen the Morrocco Method. I switched from Dr. Bronner to Morrocco Method just recently (only three days), But, I have been very pleased.
Hmm...I haven't heard of it (**runs off to google it**):). Sounds right up my alley! Thanks for this. :cheese: I did; however, just receive an order of Moroccan Oil from Eden Allure which I'm very excited about. I'm sure I will now be adding lots of products from Morrocco Method now! Thanks again!!