PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Boy am *I* confused.

DaSwiss
April 3rd, 2008, 02:58 PM
What happened? I was a member here for quite a while, mostly lurked, then got enough posts to start a hair journal and was having some fun. Then, at the end of November, i got some bad news that my mom was very ill. I posted about it in my journal here. I flew back to Canada to be with her. She passed away, sadly, Jan 23. Those 6 weeks, and the 4 after were chaos. When i finally returned to Germany, on Feb 14th, more chaos as i tried to get my kids back on track and catch up on my abandoned projects at work.

I finally got logged back onto LHC today, completely unaware that there was any disruption. What happened? Where's my hair journal? :shrug: I am assuming its long gone, which sucks because I am getting back into OCM again (finally!) and can't find my records of what i was mixing! And, the überlong OCM thread is gone (I think?)

At any rate, i'm not sure where to start again, but thought i would just start back in introductions and try to figure it all out from here. I can't wait to participate again and get this board back to what it was! I feel so lost now without being able to do a search for something like 'Castor oil' and get 50 threads about it.;) Now I just read a thread about 'friending' and am utterly confused. The blog thing seems to be exciting, but i'm a little intimated! (anyone see that on SNL? "I'm just a cave man - your world frightens and confuses me!"

Ok, finally...my intro:

my name is <delete> and am a <delete> in <delete>. My husband is <delete>. I have 2 sweet little kids. I'll have to retype my hair now, cause i have NO idea what it is anymore, but i can tell you that I am always cycling between growing it down to my butt, then getting weak and thinking i will shave it all off but trim it for the compromise. :rolleyes: I'm all into healthy stuff, so my goal in my journal here was to work my way into having ALL natural beauty products, starting with the OCM for the face and BS/ACV for the hair.

Can't wait to get to know you! (or you me?)

busnutmedic
April 3rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Hey, welcome back! Here's are two threads that I found about journals and old info from LHC.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I do know the LHC wasn't working for months for me (or at least it seemed like it), and now we have started in a new format or something. As I've read, they're trying to make it so all of the old stuff is archived but I don't know for sure what will happen.

How To Google And Find Stuff From Old LHC! (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20)
Are Our Journals Gone? (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54)

If anyone else comes by, what exactly happened to LHC?

Bonnie

kimki
April 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Hiya. :waving: welcome back! :)

justgreen
April 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
To put it short and sweet, the old LHC exploded. Or as some of us like to joke, Morticia's journal finally overtook the world! J/K Morticia, we love you and your journal!

Anyway, basically Steph had to start from scratch and make us a home again and she's slowly but surely trying to recapture all our old stuff. So hopefully one day, our old journals will return! *fingers crossed*

AND while LHC was in the process of sputtering and dying, Steph was busy IRL, getting married and moving across the frontier from Alaska to Texas! What a shock for her! I must say, she's done a wizz bang up job and I'm eternally gratefull for all the effort she puts into this place for us.

DaSwiss
April 4th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I had read part of that on the Beauty Bottle, which i only just stumbled across yesterday (as well as some info about LHC on Yahoo Questions) so i just want to say:

Thank You Steph for all your hard work in bringing this back to us!

Thanks everyone else for info! I was soooo confused yesterday. :o How coincidental that all of this happened during my 'break'! Oh well, thats good for me, not so good for your guys! :p

DaSwiss
April 4th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Yay! i found my old journal. Whew! :cheese:

Now I just need some friends. :lol:

DavidN
April 4th, 2008, 03:07 AM
First of all, DaSwiss, I would like to introduce myself to you, and a friendship request has been sent your way. The new LHC is different from before, but the new features are wonderful, and before you know it, you will feel right back at home! also, I am delighted that you were able to find your old journal.

Also, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom, and my heart goes out to you and your family.:grouphug:

WritingMum
April 4th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I am so sorry about the loss of your mother, DaSwiss. That is a profound loss.

I'll be your friend :)

heidihug
April 4th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Hi, DaSwiss, glad you were able to recover some of your stuff from the old board. I actually stumbled upon this web address while it was crashed. I put it in my favorites on a whim, then came back some time later, and, voila! Here it was!

Also, my condolences about the loss of your mom - such a difficult time for anyone, but especially if you live far away.

Friendship request sent your way - look forward to your input in all the fun sections and threads.

Shypii90
April 6th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hello there! Welcome back? I'm new here.

I'm very sorry to hear you had a chaotic life recently and you lost your mom. That's a very sad story, and I'm sure we'd like to help you recover from it :(.

At least I would like to help you.
You're very lucky to be in Germany. I went there recently on a student exchange and I must say I really loved it there. It was an amazing place; at least in comparison with the country I was brought up in.

Take care.