PDA

View Full Version : French Twist Tricks?

Sha-na-na
April 8th, 2009, 03:26 AM
I just LOVE the French twist - but I have a problem. Whenever I twist my hair up and begin to stuff the ends in, a puffy bubble of hair forms at the top of the head, or, a large curl forms at the top of the twist.

Now I have tried Hypnotica's variations, but I am looking for a way of doing a classic French twist. The videos on youtube have not worked for me. I am not sure if my hair is too long for this style or what!

Anyone else have this problem? How do you overcome it?

Thanks for the info!

MyFireElf
April 8th, 2009, 03:33 AM
No advice, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. ;) I, too, suffer from the annoying bubble on top when I try to french twist. Hopefully someone has the answer!

Melisande
April 8th, 2009, 03:54 AM
The bubble disappeared for me, when I began following the instructions on the Ficcare website. Twist the hair around itself and voila, no bubblehead.

Sha-na-na
April 8th, 2009, 05:15 AM
The bubble disappeared for me, when I began following the instructions on the Ficcare website. Twist the hair around itself and voila, no bubblehead.

Wow! I just checked out that video and I did it! It looks/works GREAT! Thanks s bunch!

Natalia
April 8th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Ohhh! I will have to check that out :D. I used to have much more trouble before reading the articles on here, but it still isnt perfect *ventures off to clickable...*

Fencai
April 8th, 2009, 06:47 AM
sometimes I cheat, and pull the crown back into a half up and then use all the hair to make a twist and just cover the elastic with the twisted hair. It helps make it more secure too

Melisande
April 8th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm so glad it helped!!! :cheese:

sagebabies
April 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I have the same problem, although my hair is much shorter. I just got my first Ficcare so I'll have to check out their instructions :)

MsBubbles
April 8th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Wow! I just checked out that video and I did it! It looks/works GREAT! Thanks s bunch!

I can't see any instructions or videos on the ficcare website. I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing...

ok never mind, I found them when I looked at the google search results, and clicked on video.

LaurelSpring
April 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I have been struggling with this for awhile now also. Sometimes I just give up and twirl the bottom and cinnabun the top.

atlantaz3
April 8th, 2009, 06:22 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1525&pictureid=36211

I'm a failure at french twists. What bums me out is that I used to be able to do them. If I can get one to work - I then have an egg shaped head because of all the bulk of my hair. I haven't gotten the hang of a log roll - transition length - to thick and too short....

PS If I tried to do that "do" on purpose that would fail also!
PPS that was using the half up pony tail first and I still get a bubble!

Sha-na-na
April 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM
sometimes I cheat, and pull the crown back into a half up and then use all the hair to make a twist and just cover the elastic with the twisted hair. It helps make it more secure too

That is a great idea! I just want to avoid ties all together. I found the ficarre video mucho helpful, and as long as I twist tight, viola! no bubble!

Trinka
April 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Gotta go find that video ... I keep trying and trying to do a French twist. It always FEELS nice and smooth, and then I look in the mirror and ... eeek!

Teacherbear
April 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I do a log roll, then stuff the roll in the left side, and clip it with a Ficcare Maxima (or Innovation if I'm in the mood for an Innovation).

I'm not sure how other people do the French Twist, though.

steph in tx
April 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM
You can find the videos here:

http://www.ficcare.com/videos.aspx

I don't have enough hair to try that method yet, but it looks like an easy way to do it. I just do mine like a peacock twist and then fold the ends down under the twist/roll. But then, my hair is too short for much. :(