PDA

View Full Version : Fun Hair Discussion

MercyD
April 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Me and my little short growing-out-from-pixie cut had a wonderful hair conversation today with a girl at work. She has TBL hair and we happened to be in the cafeteria together. I asked her how she cares for her hair and we got in a great conversation. It is a conversation I would have never had the nerve to start if it wasn't for LHC!

In the 5 years I've known this women, she has been growing out her layers and is finally all one length tailbone! She does a lot of what I've learned here (braid at night, no blowfryer, no hairspray, mousse etc., Oil lightly as needed, etc), but it was so cool to have the conversation in person. Her hair styles are generally just down, or braided down the middle. She is very sporty and doesn't do what she called "foo-foo" hairstyles, some of which I'm really looking forward to doing. It was still a fun conversation.

Thank you, LHC, for giving me the knowledge and courage to ask her about her hair. It was so much fun:D Now I'm going to be walking around looking for long-hairs to talk to:cheese:

Isilya
April 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
How nice for you to have plucked up the courage to address another longhair in real life! She probably was happy you asked her about her hair and listened to her routine. I think you made her day, as well as she made yours. Good for you!

atlantaz3
April 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Lucky you - I ran into a tailbone (funny to say that unless here) lady in the main lobby of my office building. I commented on her gorgeous hair and said I was trying to get mine to her length. All she said was "use lots of conditioner!" I was just thinking the same thing though I wish I could have a face to face chat with someone who is at their goal! Lucky you.

lynnala
April 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
After I joined here and began to realize all the work that can go into long beautiful hair, I have initiated a few conversations out of the blue, like when I am sitting next to someone on the bus, I will say "I have to tell you, your hair is really beautiful!" I figure most people will like to hear this anyway, and darned if every time we don't get into a discussion about how they care for their hair, and EVERY time, it's mostly the things that everyone does here. Before LHC, I never even considered actually 'taking care' of my hair beyond wash and condition.

Lamb
April 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Wow, good for you! I have no longhairs among the people who move around me on a daily basis, so I only talk hair on TLHC. Which is... *plenty* on my procrastinating days!!:o