PDA

View Full Version : Long Torso, Will it take me longer to reach my goal?

dolcevita
April 7th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I spent Saturday afternoon with some friends - who happen to be all different heights.

I am 5'11" and my best friend is 5'0". I realized, that even without such a big difference in height between people, there is still a huge difference between my collarbones, BSL, tailbones than other people. I have a long torso and normal length legs - so that explains it.

Then I look at my current length, and the current length of other LHCers who are close to BSL or something and notice that the length is the same and I'm not even close!!

So yeah, I don't know where I was going with this post! Just a thought since I was hoping that at this length my hair would at least LOOK longer than it is :p

Heavenly Locks
April 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Hair that is the same # of inches can look longer or shorter for sure on different people. I am a little jealous of people with long torsos, until I realize that I will reach 'waist length' hair a lot faster since I am short with a short torso ;) :o

Anje
April 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah, it will take you longer. But your hair will look (and be) longer at BSL than BSL on shorter folks.

I'm on the other side -- I've got a short torso. I'm 5'7", but when sitting I'm the same height as my 5'2" friends. My hair stalled out for a while, but then it practically sprinted from waist to hip to tailbone in something like a year.

spidermom
April 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I remember commenting to my DH about how my granddaughter's hair was so much longer than mine because hers was at the top of her panties and mine was only mid back. Then he pointed out that my hair was much longer than hers and so is my back. So silly; I don't know why I didn't connect the dots on that one. Many people have classic length at shorter measurements than I have at tailbone, but they're probably shorter and have smaller rear-ends, too.

vampodrama
April 7th, 2009, 09:13 AM
yes, the height and length of one's torso definitely comes into play.

my hair is 28 inches, and only now it's what I would consider BSL. I am 5'9 and my torso is kinda long-ish (compared to my short legs anyway).

CindyLea1
April 7th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hello,

I am 5"11 or right about there. My hair at last measurement, about a month ago was 43.5 inches and I'm not quite classic yet.

Being tall like you, my body parts are spread out a bit more!

dolcevita
April 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
*sigh of relief*

Thanks for all the replies so far!!

I find it really encouraging that I'm not the only one - because I knew it wasn't - but the reassurance is very welcomed :D

Comeon hair, grow grow grow!!:cheese:

Carolyn
April 7th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Yes sorry to say it will take those of us who are taller or have extra long backs, a longer time to gain the needed inches. I've always been happy that I'm a tall person, 5'8 1/2". My extra length is in my back. When I was making my own clothes I had to add an extra 2" to the back waist length on a garment. There are trade offs in everything. Those of us will have more hair at waist length than a shorter person. Maybe that would be another way to look at it.

JamieLeigh
April 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
My body is built the opposite way...I have a shorter torso, but long legs (I looked like a freaky anime cartoon when I was skinny, lol :o). So I hit classic in what seemed like no time, at 42", but I bet it will take a dog's age for me to hit knee. :(

Tornerose
April 7th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I'm tall also, and I have a long torso also. I had the same problem, thinking that my friends who hardly even reached to my chest had much longer hair than me, but I realised that if we all went for floorlenght, mine would be way longer than theirs, simply because they're so short.
They got the look-factor, but I'd end up with the record ;)

Edit: For those wondering, I'm 5'10

carinkla
April 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM
That is something I sometimes find irritatting. I am 5.7 but have al long torso (read ehm lower back..or how do you say that in a decent way) If one had a firm derriere/lower back one would reach classic earlier. I had to have about 116 cm to reach it (about 45 inch)

sherigayle
April 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
It irritates me too. I'm only 5'5" but my hair didn't start to touch BSL until 27". A long torso and long neck are great at helping me look thinner, but terrible when growing out my hair.

MsBubbles
April 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
5' 10" here. Long torso. Gonna take me forever to get to hip. But I think the extra amount of hair needed does not go unnoticed by others. I.e., I think, on me at least, the extra hair length will make it look floaty so I'm looking forward to that.

lora410
April 8th, 2009, 09:22 AM
You will reach it later but your length will be nice and long :D Oh the disafvantages of long toros. I am long in both areas.

camirra555
April 8th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm nearly 5'9 and I've realized that it will take a longer time for me to get to waist than someone 6 inches shorter than me. It sucks but as Anje pointed out our hair will look (and be) longer at BSL than BSL on shorter people

Leisje
April 8th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I'm 5'11 with a long torso too, and I've thought about this quite often. Unfortunately it will take longer to reach visual landmarks on our bodies, but I guess when we get there we can have a mini-celebration that our hair is going to be technically longer than others at the same landmark.