PDA

View Full Version : Help, FRIZZ!!

WaitingSoLong
April 7th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Ok, so I finally procured some good shampoo and conditioner and even some oil for my hair. I decided against the bone comb for now, I have a snag free comb that works just fine. I need to get my hair care routine in before I do anything else (like bunning, may take me years).

Anyway, after using the sulfate and cone free products, I now have FRIZZ on the bottom about 4 inches of my hair. Why? Will this go away in time? Is there a way to tame it? I looked and there are no white dots and only very mild split ends (which I have always had).

In case you are wondering, I am using Burt's Bees products. Honestly, I did not want to order over the Internet and it was the only stuff I could find around here. I really like the feel and smell, but once my hair was dry it frizzed out on bottom. Previously I was using Pantene (which I was always happy with except my hair was too dry).

Advice?

GlassEyes
April 7th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not fond of Burt's Bees.

Not all cone free/sulfate free products are created equal. I have great results with Suave and Aubrey Organics, but Burt's Bees was terrible.

Also, some sulfate-free formulas aren't necessarily better than sulfates, and there are plenty of people here who use cones and are fine with them. They aren't the devil. xD; Some people just get along better without them (like me).

Anje
April 7th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Hello from over in Lafayette!

I agree -- I've heard more bad than good around here about the Burt's Bees shampoos and conditioners. I'm much more a fan of CO washing with Suave Naturals.

You can tame the frizz a bit in the meantime with a little oil at the ends, or dampen the frizzy parts and tuck them into a bun for a while.

Finally, if you haven't clarified since using the Pantene, I'd like to suggest that you get a clarifying shampoo (can be cheap -- VO5 makes a nice one that's green, and Suave does too) and suds all the way to the ends. It might make the frizz worse in the short term, but if you have silicone buildup from the Pantene, it could prevent your hair from getting moisturized as well as it needs. You don't necessarily need to swear off the Pantene, if you don't want to, but products like that can build up pretty fast and cause hair to dry out.

GlassEyes
April 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Also, anything containing sulfates can be used to clarify, granted it doesn't contain silicone. Also, make sure toonly clarify once or so and not every time. xD;

s_tresses
April 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I agree, the frizz could be from using Burt's Bees products. I thought it didn't work for my hair because of the honey in it but I have read many bad reviews on here.