View Full Version : Hi!

HoneyBeeMissy
April 7th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Hello,

I'm Missy and I live in Texas. I joined this forum to learn all I can about getting my hair healthy and long again. My hair has been growing very slowly for a while now, I have some vitamin deficeincies including severely low vitamin D (I have the adult form of ricketts) and anemia. I'm currently trying to correct these issues with the help of my doctor and I've noticed that my hair seems to be growing again. :D I retest in a few weeks and hopefully my numbers will have improved greatly.

My ends are a bit damaged and I will be doing a thorough s&d mission tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to improve it without stepping into a salon. I also have lots of coconut oil and jojoba oil so I'll treat with those as well. My hair is also thinned a bit, my hair was shedding pretty bad before I started treating my health issues.

The photos y'all post here are very beautiful and inspiring! I'm really excited to get my hair looking great again.

Missy

ps I hope I got the hair info part correct, is there an faq or guide somewhere here to help classify my hair better?? Thanks.

charlotte meve
April 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Hi Missy, stay positive you are well on your way to recovery. I also have had problems with vitamin d and calcium in the past because of my thyroid issues. Bone pain and muscle spasms uhk! they were the worst. Glad your working with your doctor on that. Anyway stick to your vitamin therapy and get PLENTY of protein too:D

HoneyBeeMissy
April 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks Charlotte!

Atalaya05
April 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Missy and welcome to the forums! I'm fairly new here as well. Hang in there, your hair condition will improve and everyone here is very helpful so you should get lots of awesome advice!

Nyghtingale
April 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here. ;)