PDA

View Full Version : Have my ends turned into Fairy Tale like Ends.

morguebabe
April 7th, 2009, 07:26 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2109&pictureid=35865 (a few days ago)
I really like the look of thick ends... I think my ends def aren't as thick as they used to be like http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2109&pictureid=25447 this picture from June 2007.

Should I just just hack off a few inches to thicken my ends up? Are these turning into Fairy Tale ends which I personally do not like on me.

Are my ends thinking b/c of damage or naturally thining out?

I think I will take a picture later with a white sheet behind my hair..b/c the black on black is alittle hard to see but I def think I see a drastically thinner ends section.

nueinsel
April 7th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Are they actually thinning, like your hair is the same length it used to be, but the ends are thinner, or are some hairs just growing longer faster and the bulk of your hemline taking more time to catch up? The latter would probably be fixed with a trim.

aries
April 7th, 2009, 07:32 AM
It looks like it is starting to fairytale to me but you are right, hard to see with the dark background. As far as trimming, if you don't like the fairytale look then I would trim, I am trying to keep blunt myself. How are the ends looking and feeling as far as splits and/or damage? If they are feeling yucky and clarifying with a deep moisture treatment didn't help, I would certainly trim. If you are happy with it then leave it and keep up the good work.

I love your hair still lol, the colors are so cool and the length is something I dream of having as well as thickness.

morguebabe
April 7th, 2009, 07:33 AM
Well my hair is the longest it's ever been Maybe at this length my hair grows at different rates, (which it never has before).

JamieLeigh
April 7th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I really can't tell a lot from the photo you posted (your hair is the same color almost as your clothing, lol), but if it's starting to taper then you might be getting close to your terminal length. Most of the time, the hair on the sides of your head have a shorter terminal than the middle and back. If you don't like fairytale ends, then by all means trim. But you might not get much longer than where you are now, if it's starting to fairytale. :shrug:

I think it looks beautiful whichever way you pick. It's still luminous and thick! :flower:

LovingLife
April 7th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I really love your hair, I don't think it's fairytaling yet, though if you want to keep up a blunt hemline you might have to get someone trusted to trim it for you.

Arctic
April 7th, 2009, 07:56 AM
You say it's now longest it's ever been. As it is very long, it might be possible you are approatching your terminal length.

I can't really comment on if it looks like starting to fairytaling, it's just too difficult to see.
- Have you been trimming regularly? For most people it is needed to keep the hemline blunt.
- Maybe the damage from colouring is starting to kick in at the longest lengths?

spidermom
April 7th, 2009, 08:14 AM
It's kind of hard to tell with these pictures, as you noted. I see some taper but not fairy tale ends.

janeytilllie
April 7th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I don't think your hair is fairytale ends yet. Your hemline looks very thick :)

JamieLeigh
April 7th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I went to your profile album, and saw the photo from February this year. It doesn't look like you're fairytaling in that pic, and I doubt it would speed up taper that dramatically from February to April in the same year, if you're not doing anything majorly different. I think you still look blunt and thick and gorgeous! :D

Silverlox
April 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I echo the others and say that it's hard to see in these pictures, as the hemline of your hair in on top of black clothing, making it virtually impossible to really see the ends. :eye:

While there might be some taper, it's not so much that I'd call it fairytails. However, if you feel your ends are thinner that you'd like them to be, and want your hemline to be more blunt, reach for your scissors. :scissors:

It's all a matter of taste and preference. :flower:

KajiKodomo
April 7th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I can hardly tell if it's starting to fairytale or not, but I just wanted to say that your hair is gorgeous! :D

pdy2kn6
April 7th, 2009, 08:46 AM
i think it looks great, its a bit hard to tell but it looks like they are having just a bit of fairytaling. that may be just because you havent trimmed in a while? when was your last trim? what are you aiming for? floor length?

kirky
April 7th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Same thing again...your ends now do not look as blunt as before, but your hair is still amazing!

LHGypsyRose
April 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have been wondering the exact same thing about my hair! At classic length, my hemline looked almost exactly like yours does in the second pic. But now that my hair is past classic it looks alot like your first pic. I am thinking that it must hang differently after it passes classic because it is no longer laying against any part of the body. Also, I noticed that your hair is laying on your shoulders differently in both pics. In the second one your hair is spread from shoulder to shoulder..as you know this will give the ends a different look too. Maybe it would be easier to compare if you took a picture with your hair more sread out as in the second pic. Just an idea:D

LHGypsyRose
April 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, in comparing both yours and my, at and past classic pictures, no I don't think you are fairytailing.:) Like I said, I wonder the same thing sometimes and it causes me to trim uneeded amount of hair..then I regret it after seeing no change since I didn't need it in the first place. :)

Here is the best picture I could find of me at classic.
http://i42.tinypic.com/2b9qhv.jpg

Rebelkat
April 7th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I would say... nowhere NEAR fairytaling yet. The longer your hair gets, the more you're going to have to trim to keep it blunt. It just looks like maybe some of your hair grows faster than the rest and you might have to maintain to let the rest catch up or cut back to where it's thicker.

Anje
April 7th, 2009, 10:55 AM
It's hard to say with that picture, but I don't think it's fairytaling yet. I think it just looks like hair that hasn't been trimmed in a while, so the ends are uneven, but not especially tapered at this point.

In the pic from June 07, the ends actually look really splayed out, like they do on someone with a blunt cut who has then gotten a bunch of split ends (dull scissors, perhaps). Any chance you had some damage then?

In any case, your hair does look lovely. If you want it a bit blunter, a smallish trim may be in order, but I think your ends look pretty thick still.

enfys
April 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
How does it compare to before if you plait right to the end? Assuming you did it in 2007, maybe you can see/feel a difference better that way.

It is possible that your hair is in better condition now, and the ends looked thicker from fuzzy damage? Or that there is breakage and tapering now. Or growing at different rates.

There are too many possibilities to say without a better picture.

That said, I wouldn't say they were fairytale. The ends are still quite definate, and don't fade to invisible like fairytales do.

BlackfootHair
April 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM
It's hard to tell, but it doesn't seem so.

AmandaPanda
April 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I agree that it's probably just naturally tapering. They don't even look close to fairytale IMO. BTW, I think your hair is stunning!

Solange
April 7th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I find they're not so much "fairytale-ing" as simply looking not-just-cut, or "less blunt". I personally prefer that look than when it is completely blunt. You have amazing, thick hair!

jojo
April 7th, 2009, 05:46 PM
It is hrd to tell, but from what I am seeing your hair looks very thick

morguebabe
April 8th, 2009, 07:10 AM
OK picture taken with a white towel under my hair.http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2109&pictureid=36163
I think I've just broke my ends. I'm not used to having hair this long. I wear it down and in down pony tails alot. My ends obivously are just breaking and getting damaged I think because it dosen't look much longer. I'm fairly certain now looking at this picture my ends are just broke. :mad: Which IS my fault, because I don't like wearing my hair up in buns, it's weighs SOOO much. This isn't my terminal length unless you can have two. My hair stopped growing at tailbone for about 6 months, so I think that was my terminal length.
It looks thinner on the sides because I have cut more fringe and bangs in to reduce the weight on my temples.

JamieLeigh
April 8th, 2009, 09:22 AM
After seeing the second "now" photo you just posted, I'd say it still doesn't look like fairytaling, as much as it just shows that you haven't trimmed in a bit. That's the problem I've found too, since I also like keeping my ends blunt - after a few months with no trimming, you can definitely see a difference in your ends. If we were to let it fairytale naturally, we might not notice so much of a difference. But blunt is still my choice at this point. LOL.

That said, your hair still looks thick and gorgeous! If it would make you feel better to trim a bit, by all means do so. Even if it's just to maintain right where you are now, to let it thicken back up. That's actually what I'm doing right now at 42". I've let mine grow with no trims for over 3 months, and now it looks very un-blunt, which I'm not happy with. But rather than sacrifice my length, I'm just maintaining until it all catches back up. :flower:

morguebabe
April 8th, 2009, 02:04 PM
How do I maintain without cutting off about 3 inches or having it look this messy?

LHGypsyRose
April 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Ahh thats better, I can see! Yes I could see your concern, but I still don't think your ends look that fairytaled. I'd have to agree with you and Jamie Leigh, probably breakage (since you don't like up-dos) and probably also from not trimming. But maybe you could just trim about an inch for now and decide later if you want to maintain your current length to thicken up.. or baby your ends more and let it grow for now.

jera
April 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Your ends look quite similar to me as well. It could be the angle of the shot, but I only see very faint thinning. It's hard to say if they'll end up as fairy tale ends. Your hair looks too thick for those. I think you'll continue to have blunt ends as your hair grows longer. :)

Cinnamon Hair
April 8th, 2009, 07:07 PM
You know, it sort of looks witchy (in a good way, I like the witch look). I'd keep it like that!

spidermom
April 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Your ends do look uneven now and maybe a bit thrashed. By the way, if your hair didn't grow at tailbone and then started growing again, that wasn't terminal - that was a stall. Terminal is when it absolutely positively won't grow any longer.

Curlsgirl
April 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I like it! But then I am beginning to like my own developing fairy tale or whatever they are ends from not trimming!

RavennaNight
April 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I will also agree that it isn't fairytale yet, but there is a slight taper. I think we have the same hair type. "Stravy" hair. It's straight, but wavy straight... But anyways if you don't like the taper then trim it. From one "stravy" to another, blunter ends suit better. :)

morguebabe
April 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM
OK I think I'm going to see about getting a trim then this weekend. I think thats best to maintain right?

Yeah my hair is weird its wavey and straight... its odd.

I much prefer blunt ends.

LHGypsyRose
April 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
OK I think I'm going to see about getting a trim then this weekend. I think thats best to maintain right?

Yeah my hair is weird its wavey and straight... its odd.

I much prefer blunt ends.

Yes when your trying to maintain, your just trimming back your monthly growth and staying at the same length until the ends thicken up to your liking. I have stayed at 47" for a few months because of trimming.

Debra83
April 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
really hard to see on the dark shorts, but doesn't look fairy tale to me - does look thinner though....are you having breakage at all?

Even with all that...your hair looks beautiful for sure.

RavennaNight
April 8th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Oooh! If you do trim, according to the Morrocco method, Thu, Fri, & Sat are good lengthening days!

Guenever
April 9th, 2009, 02:09 AM
hehe, yeah sure, I see a liiiiittle taper.. but it's nothing :wink: - my hair tapers like craaaazy! Wish I had your thickness all the way down.. would be so nice!

seriously. Maybe it's just me, but for hair past classic I love the look of slight taper.. looks nice and natural! :D so yours is really, really beautiful :inlove:
But you should keep your hair the way you want it. so if you want blunt ends, get a trim.. it'll look great no matter what!

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I would advise, if you want your blunt hemline to stay, to trim off just a tiny bit, and then see how it looks. If you're still not happy then either trim off a tiny bit more (no more than an inch at a time) or keep it right there until you're happy with your hemline again.

Not to hijack your thread - but I think I'm going to do the same thing in a few days. I'm mulling it over anyways, I still have about 2" of damage from my Pantene obsession that ended in about 2002. It would take me above classic again, but I'd be happier with the way it looks, I think. At least it will prevent the damage from traveling upward, if I happen to miss a split with my S&D-ing, and affecting my good virgin hairs. And it will always grow back! That'll just extend my journey a bit, not completely stall it. ;)