PDA

View Full Version : hair loss due to stress

purush
April 7th, 2009, 01:08 AM
i know i am under stress for some reasons

now i undergo a new lifestyle and my stress is slowly reducing
during this time whatever treatment i do for hair loss it only increases more
shall i continue treatment or shall i wait for the stress to completely get down
doing exercises yoga for 1 to 2 months and then start hair treatment ..

i have used ramtirth , biotique ..... for 12 days daily but hair fall not stopping and also should i wash my hair daily or alternate under these conditions

please help....

purush
April 7th, 2009, 02:14 AM
please help

Michele
April 7th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Hi Purush, I'm sorry about the hair loss :(. I'm no real expert on this, but i do know a few things. Hair loss caused by stress is called Telogen Effluvium. This means that your growing hairs (in the anagen phase) wil stop growing but will enter the resting (telogen) phase. This causes hair to fall out or to be rather 'loose'. Thing is with this kind of hair loss, that it isn't really happening right away, during your stressed out moments, but around 3 months after that (something to do with the hair growth cycle).
I hope i explained this right being Dutch and all.. :p

So in your case it may feel like that your treatments are causing your hair to fall out more, but maybe it's just 'nature doing her thing'.

I'd check with your doctor to see what's really going on. And stay calm and avoid stressy moments of course :D

nueinsel
April 7th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I second the checking with your doctor...

aries
April 7th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I also suggest seeing your doctor.

I suffer from a lot of loss due to stress and thyroid problems and the only thing that helps with the stress is to learn to relax and do things that are relaxing to try and calm down and not think about it when you aren't busy. Other than that be extra caring with your hair and gentle. Scalp massaging seems to help me quite a bit, it feels good and relaxing and it also helps with blood flow to the scalp.

marialena
April 7th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Well let me tell you now something that my doctor told me when I was loosing my hair.
Excepting any health reasons, like diseases, stress etc, every (about) 7 years hair are falling from our heads and stop grow the same time for two or three months.
That is completely normal and happens like a body mechanism for replacing old hair.
Example. Some of you, you might have noticed that when you were children you had curly hair that growing older became straight or the reverse. Or that in some periods of your life your hair changed and became curlier or straighter, or thicker or perhaps thinner. ( or white :()

That is caused from this "mechanism" it is quite normal because our bodies change from time to time their cells,renew them and of course regrow them. :)

JamieLeigh
April 7th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I also recommend seeing your doctor! Anything you try without knowing the true reasoning behind it will just be wasted time and money. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope things get better for you! Stress isn't good for ANYTHING to do with your body. :flower:

s_tresses
April 7th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Man, i know stress is bad. You just need to tell yourself to not stress and hopefully it will get better. Until you sort things out continue to take care of your hair despite the shedding and don't let it undermine your motivation. I hope things get better for you.

Hairtada
April 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM
You could try garlic shampoo and a garlic supplement. Garlic can help shedding problems. Seeing your doctor is the best thing to do but the garlic cannot hurt in the meantime .

ungratefulgirl
April 7th, 2009, 10:40 PM
How about using rogaine. you may not be thinning necessarily, just dropping hair..nonetheless, rogaine delays the shedding and dropout process. i've wondered about these things because i've had fine hair all my life. whether short or long, i just want to be plentiful no matter what length.

Elenna
April 8th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your hair loss problem. But there can be any number of reasons for hair loss such as allergy to shampoo or conditioner ingredients, nutritional deficiencies, poor health, etc. Keep daily notes on what affects your hair. That helps figure out what is going on.

hennaphile
April 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
You could try garlic shampoo and a garlic supplement. Garlic can help shedding problems. Seeing your doctor is the best thing to do but the garlic cannot hurt in the meantime .

I also heard that garlic can help, like garlic cloves. My bf told me his grandma grew back a bald spot (from stress) using aloe and garlic, yet as to the method or mechanics... I'm still trying to figure it out.

Hang in there, there are lots of people who've gone through this, you are not alone:flowers:

Aisha25
April 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Ooh you just need to take it easy drink some hot relaxing masala chai everynight and just give your self some very soothing head massage with some coconut oil everynight. This in turn will cut down stress and minimise such fall:) Also problem is your too concerned with hair loss dear,just have to do one thing at a time. Dont try to many things at once ok? I promise the fall will stop in due time;). Take care
Aisha

myotislucifugus
April 8th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I'm with Aisha25, I feel like a hypocrite saying this (Lord knows I'm stressed) but relaxing is the best thing for you. A few months ago, I was going through a similar thing, and then I vowed to take some time each day for myself to calm down. On lighter days, I work out, and on heavier days, I do a deep conditioning treatment with a face mask. Drink chamomile before bed, and get plenty of sleep.

If you work at it, relaxation will come...eventually...

purush
April 9th, 2009, 01:40 AM
thank u for the compromising reply and i wanna say that ur hair is one of the best aish......

jera
April 9th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Ooh you just need to take it easy drink some hot relaxing masala chai everynight and just give your self some very soothing head massage with some coconut oil everynight. This in turn will cut down stress and minimise such fall:) Also problem is your too concerned with hair loss dear,just have to do one thing at a time. Dont try to many things at once ok? I promise the fall will stop in due time;). Take care
Aisha

I find chai very relaxing too. That's a good suggestion Aisha. Perhaps your doctor could prescribe something to help you relax if your stress is uncontrollable. The worst thing to see when you're stressed is your hair falling out in piles. EEKK !!:rolleyes: It just gives you more to be stressed out about.

liz08
April 27th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Of course you know by now to take it easy as much as you can, and find ways to de-stress. The scalp massaging sounds like a great idea. I always find a nice bath right before bed is a way to relax and get a good night's sleep. I would also look into getting a garlic supplement for your hair. It's really great for you in general, so it could do nothing but help. Give it a while to work though. I've read it can take up to 6 months to see changes in hair and for hair to regrow. It's one of those things you can't change overnight. But the garlic should help, and there are odorless supplements now as well.

Rapunzal2Be
April 27th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Nioxin has been working for me as far as growing new hair in my thin spots, as well as taking a multi and MSM, and taking garlic has really helped with my shedding.