PDA

View Full Version : Relatives of Monistat.

RancheroTheBee
April 6th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Do other anti-fungal creams work in a similar fashion as Monistat? I have a tube of anti-fungal downstairs-lady-itchies cream, but the active ingredient is clotrimazole. Is this safe?

TIA. :flower:

PS: Yes, I did Google it. They're similar drugs, but the one I mentioned has a lot more information about it, and the side effects include "excessive hair growth" but also "Cushing's Disease" and "depression". That said, the side effects for MN were listed as, "sometimes, it might itch more." Thus I am properly confuzzled.

Natalia
April 6th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I dont really know anything about that ingredient or monistat when it comes to hair growth but i felt the need to put it out there that the -zole antifungles have ALOT of drug interactions. I made this mistake when i had a bacterial infection and my skin turned brown/purple like a bruise but crusty like burn and started peeling! So everyone please read those packages and pamphlets you get from the pharmacy ok? Thinking the best for all of you! Wish i had the guts to try it :p

RancheroTheBee
April 6th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Well, I've used Monistat before, on my scalp no less. And I haven't started any other drugs other than vitamins since then.

You're right, though. It's still*. Grill your pharmacist. That guy knows stuff.

ETA*... a drug. Man. Sleep time now.

RancheroTheBee
April 7th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry to bump this, but I want to make sure I won't die using this. Thanks, you guys. :)