PDA

View Full Version : Big Chop pics as promised!!!!!

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Ok, here we go......I promised everyone pics of my new cut. Let's compare with my other cut shall we?

First, the other cut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Mar23210.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Mar23211.jpg

Now the new one!!! First from the front....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Apr03228.jpg

HMMM....doesn't look all that much shorter, until you see the side...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Apr03227.jpg

and the back!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Apr03226.jpg

I love it, and everyone else does too......:)

Dark Rosaleen
April 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
It's fun; I had a haircut similar to this up until Monday. Such a cute look for spring and warmer weather.

suicides_eve
April 3rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
wow that really looks good, it still give the illiuison of length but is so stylish! good choice

harley mama
April 3rd, 2008, 01:08 PM
My niece had her hair cut just like that a few years back. It is a cute style.

jojo
April 3rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
i love it, especially how its longer at the front yay! great cut

eadwine
April 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't like it much, but if you are happy with it, that is all that matters :D

squiggyflop
April 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
i dont like it but hey if you like it then thats great

spidermom
April 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM
I can remember when you came into LHC with a lot of enthusiasm about growing out your hair, learning various styles, buying new forks, sticks, clips, showing us how they looked in your up-dos. Now I wonder - is your new enthusiasm about hair cuts brought about by the demands of your career? I can see in your field where it would be an asset to model the trendy cuts.

I'm not asking because I don't think you belong here anymore or anything like that. I'd miss you if you weren't. I'm just wondering.

lora410
April 3rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Err i'm not fond of short hair either, but if you like it thats all that matters.

karenpetal
April 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
hey it looks cool and fun

DMARTINEZ
April 3rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Its an interesting cut! The only thing that would bug me are the sides hanging
in my face. If you love it,then thats all that matters. :flowers:

ole gray mare
April 3rd, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hey there! I'm glad you love it!

I'm also glad there are cooler and hipper people than me in the world. It would be a boring place indeed if we all had simple, long hairstyles. So I'm glad that other people provide variety, because I'm so boring! :) :flower:

gretchen_hair
April 3rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
I think it is a cute cut. The girl Chelsia on big brother has a similar cut.
I agree with olegraymare that i am also too boring and unadventorous to
try anything new.

It looks like you could still use hair toys on it too.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/REESEIONE/BIG%20BROTHER%209%20STUFF/2-CHELSIA.jpghttp://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/REESEIONE/BIG%20BROTHER%209%20STUFF/FF.jpg

atlantaz3
April 3rd, 2008, 02:13 PM
My growing out layers chop off was similar to your cut but not quite so drastic a difference between front and back lengths. I liked it while I had it. Then I started growing out bangs to get to all one length - it works for transition. I think it's cute and your hair looks very healthy.

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
It's fun; I had a haircut similar to this up until Monday. Such a cute look for spring and warmer weather.

Hi Dark Rosaleen, thanks! :)

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
wow that really looks good, it still give the illiuison of length but is so stylish! good choice

Hi SE, thank you!

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
My niece had her hair cut just like that a few years back. It is a cute style.

Hi Harley mama....thanks!

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:34 PM
i love it, especially how its longer at the front yay! great cut

HI Jojo....thank you! :cheese:

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM

I do like it thanks eadwine....

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
i dont like it but hey if you like it then thats great

Hi squiggyflop, thanks...I do like it....

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
I can remember when you came into LHC with a lot of enthusiasm about growing out your hair, learning various styles, buying new forks, sticks, clips, showing us how they looked in your up-dos. Now I wonder - is your new enthusiasm about hair cuts brought about by the demands of your career? I can see in your field where it would be an asset to model the trendy cuts.

I'm not asking because I don't think you belong here anymore or anything like that. I'd miss you if you weren't. I'm just wondering.

Hi Spidermom.....

It may be in part the demands of my career. Truthfully though, I was feeling sort of frumpy and it's been like two months since I've been considering a cut. I needed a change. I've always been a quick change artist, going from long hair to an inch all over in nothing flat, or changing my look, and that's probably how I'll remain. I'll probably grow it again, but right now it's not me. Plus the headaches I was getting.....they were bad......and I'm sticking around. :)

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Err i'm not fond of short hair either, but if you like it thats all that matters.

Hey Lora thanks....

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
hey it looks cool and fun

Thanks Karenpetal.....:)

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
Its an interesting cut! The only thing that would bug me are the sides hanging
in my face. If you love it,then thats all that matters. :flowers:

Hi D.....that doesn't bug me I'm used to it......I almost always style it that way when it's down. :)THANKS!

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Hey there! I'm glad you love it!

I'm also glad there are cooler and hipper people than me in the world. It would be a boring place indeed if we all had simple, long hairstyles. So I'm glad that other people provide variety, because I'm so boring! :) :flower:

LOL :rollin: Ole Gray mare, you're not boring.......I just needed a change. Boy did I get one.....THANKS!

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
I agree with olegraymare that i am also too boring and unadventorous to
try anything new.

It looks like you could still use hair toys on it too.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/REESEIONE/BIG%20BROTHER%209%20STUFF/2-CHELSIA.jpghttp://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/REESEIONE/BIG%20BROTHER%209%20STUFF/FF.jpg

Hi Gretchen! Chelsia's hair is very pretty. The nice thing with my hair like this is I know I can still do some updos. I used to do updos all the time at this length. I'm actually going to be enjoying investing in some smaller hair toys to use in it too. Retail therapy and all that.... :) THANKS!

rymorg2
April 3rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
My growing out layers chop off was similar to your cut but not quite so drastic a difference between front and back lengths. I liked it while I had it. Then I started growing out bangs to get to all one length - it works for transition. I think it's cute and your hair looks very healthy.

Hi atlantaz.....It wasn't so drastic at first, but I wasn't ready for it.....but I've been getting SO many complements on it.....Thanks!!!

missy60
April 3rd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Wow what a change your hair is looking great and so healthy. Please be careful with that new straightening iron. OK I shouldnt ask but what kind did you get? I love long hair but I also love short hair and yours looks really good. I get in a rut to sometimes but Im trying to control myself. I think this time of the year is the worst for me, because usually in the Spring all kinds of trendy short hair styles start showing up everywhere.

Islandgrrl
April 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Not my favorite kind of style, but it does look nice on you. I hope it makes you happy!

Euphony
April 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
OK I shouldnt ask but what kind did you get?

rymorg2 don't answer her, no no no, or I'll have to plug my ears and say la la la la la.

Your hair looks so healthy, and you look very happy with it - so it looks like it was a good choice for you!

Shanarana
April 3rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
Very pretty, shapes your face nicely.

prosperina
April 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
I actually like that cut on you, which surprises me because I usually don't like that style much. But it looks good on you! Maybe because your color is so amazing and your hair so healthy! ;) Now....I'm off to see what kind of toys you've still got for sale! :)

emeraldjoy
April 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
I like the cut. It looks easy to care for and trendy.

Wanderer09
April 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM
It looks cool, I like it. And you can tie back the sides if they get annoying...

Sakura07
April 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
It's very cute, I like it a lot

az_sweetie01
April 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Wow! That's a really cool cut! I like it on you! :)

spidermom
April 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks for answering the question, and I'm glad you're still around.

*BelievingAgain
April 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Very trendy, and versatile too.
I think the style does benefit from your very healthy, shiny, thick hair, as Prosperina mentioned before (as well as others!).
Have fun with it!!! :cheese:
Jess :flower:

MissHair
April 3rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
You totally fooled me at first, haha. I looked at the both front pictures and saw no change til I saw the side pictures. Its different and very stylish, I wouldnt dare to do it on myself since Im saving all the lenghts of my hair but if you feel good about it, then go for it and embrace it.

momma smurf
April 3rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Looks totally cute and fun. :D And man... amazing thickness and shine you have! Keep up the good work! :)

Cinnamon Hair
April 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM

Gretchen, you beat me to it! First glance at the pics, I thought "Chelsia's hair!"
You definitely could have done worse. :D
Congrats on the new 'do.

Paniscus
April 3rd, 2008, 05:43 PM
I actually like it! Granted, I was shocked when I saw the profile pic! But it suits you, I think. I've had a cut something like this before, not as long in the front though. It was an angled bob, and I loved it. It was *wash and go* and so easy for me. I'm glad that you're happy with the cut and thank you for sharing here.

You never know when you'll decide to grow long again. And until then, glad you're going to stick around LHC!:flower:

Blueglass
April 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
I think it is an attractive hair style, and you do have lovely, thick, hair. Honestly, I can only dream of the thickness.( I am still trying to decide, if I am a i, or a ii) You look like a iii. However, realize, that this is a forum for longhairs. I have always been a long hair, and to me, it's really a part of me. People like myself come to this forum for support, because we sometime face abuse and rejection, even from our own family, for our choice. This forum is truely a place to affirm our identity

CaityBear
April 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
I'm not really fond of hair cuts like that, but if you like it, then it doesn't matter.

I'm sure it'll be nice for the upcoming warmer months though.

intothemist1999
April 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
rymorg!!! There you are!!!! :cheer:

I missed your posts!!!

HeatherMae
April 3rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
What a brave and drastic step you took! I think you look great! Your hair is so shiny and pretty. What do you do to it to get that gorgeous shine?

OhioLisa
April 3rd, 2008, 11:35 PM
I think it is an attractive hair style, and you do have lovely, thick, hair. Honestly, I can only dream of the thickness.( I am still trying to decide, if I am a i, or a ii) You look like a iii. However, realize, that this is a forum for longhairs. I have always been a long hair, and to me, it's really a part of me. People like myself come to this forum for support, because we sometime face abuse and rejection, even from our own family, for our choice. This forum is truely a place to affirm our identity

Blueglass, I don't know if you being new here is playing into your response, but I don't think it's right to imply that someone should not be here because she decided to cut. Rymorg2 has been here for quite a while and has made many dear friends (myself included). She supports others in their growing journeys and has plenty of useful information to share. She has every right to stay, even if she decided to shave her head. Not all of us base our entire identity around having long hair. And I see no abuse or rejection here... at least not from rymorg2, anyway.

Furthermore, yall are being a bit harsh, seriously. Do we only support each other when it involves growing hair, and openly criticize those who choose to cut? Show some love, people. "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

That being said, your cut is really cute rymorg2. The condition of your hair is astounding! Whatever you're doing is working for sure! :D

Gaelic Girl
April 3rd, 2008, 11:45 PM
I know this is the "Long" Hair Community, but in the year or so since I joined, I've come to know those who've undergone chemo and lost hair, gone through divorce and either cut or lost due to stress, and those who've just decided to start over. Obvioulsy, it is a "hair" board, but I think it is much, much more than a forum for those with long hair. It is an international community where all sorts of people come together to share their lives in small and even profound ways. Having said that....I think it is firstly a board to help all of us learn how to properly care for our hair..whatever colour, thickness, or length it may be.

I hope your cut makes you feel flirty and happy, rymorg2! I look forward to reading more of your posts and blog, and seeing your forks reappear amongest those lucky enough to have snapped them up ;) Now..as for flat irons or curling irons, dear girl...are your TRYING to get lynched? ;) LOL

missy60
April 4th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Blueglass, I don't know if you being new here is playing into your response, but I don't think it's right to imply that someone should not be here because she decided to cut. Rymorg2 has been here for quite a while and has made many dear friends (myself included). She supports others in their growing journeys and has plenty of useful information to share. She has every right to stay, even if she decided to shave her head. Not all of us base our entire identity around having long hair. And I see no abuse or rejection here... at least not from rymorg2, anyway.

Furthermore, yall are being a bit harsh, seriously. Do we only support each other when it involves growing hair, and openly criticize those who choose to cut? Show some love, people. "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

That being said, your cut is really cute rymorg2. The condition of your hair is astounding! Whatever you're doing is working for sure! :D

I have to say this thread has been bugging me all day long, but I decided not to post anything else in it because I felt like rymorg2 was handling it with such class and dignity. I just couldnt keep quiet any longer. OhioLisa you took the words right out of my mouth

ILikeTreefrogs
April 4th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I think the cut is very cute!! I had a similar one before Christmas, but got lazy and ended up evening it out as it didn't look so great when I didn't straighten it. It looks gorgeous on you though!!

almudena
April 4th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I know this is the "Long" Hair Community, but in the year or so since I joined, I've come to know those who've undergone chemo and lost hair, gone through divorce and either cut or lost due to stress, and those who've just decided to start over. Obvioulsy, it is a "hair" board, but I think it is much, much more than a forum for those with long hair. It is an international community where all sorts of people come together to share their lives in small and even profound ways. Having said that....I think it is firstly a board to help all of us learn how to properly care for our hair..whatever colour, thickness, or length it may be.

I hope your cut makes you feel flirty and happy, rymorg2! I look forward to reading more of your posts and blog, and seeing your forks reappear amongest those lucky enough to have snapped them up ;) Now..as for flat irons or curling irons, dear girl...are your TRYING to get lynched? ;) LOL

I totally agree. I have not interacted a lot with rygmor02 but I've seen how supportive, nice and helpful she is. And her hair is really beautiful, no matter how long it is.
I think that haircut looks AWESOME on you, seriously. You have shiny thick beautiful hair and that cut show it off perfectly :)

sandrak
April 4th, 2008, 04:05 AM
I totally agree. I have not interacted a lot with rygmor02 but I've seen how supportive, nice and helpful she is. And her hair is really beautiful, no matter how long it is.
I think that haircut looks AWESOME on you, seriously. You have shiny thick beautiful hair and that cut show it off perfectly :)

Amen to that!!

Rygmor02, I think your hair looks great. I wish my hair was as healthy and shiny as yours.

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Wow what a change your hair is looking great and so healthy. Please be careful with that new straightening iron. OK I shouldnt ask but what kind did you get? I love long hair but I also love short hair and yours looks really good. I get in a rut to sometimes but Im trying to control myself. I think this time of the year is the worst for me, because usually in the Spring all kinds of trendy short hair styles start showing up everywhere.

LOL.....I'll PM you on the flat iron.....Ikwym I get in a rut too.....THanks!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Not my favorite kind of style, but it does look nice on you. I hope it makes you happy!

Thanks Islandgrrl.....I like it a lot!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:31 AM
rymorg2 don't answer her, no no no, or I'll have to plug my ears and say la la la la la.

Your hair looks so healthy, and you look very happy with it - so it looks like it was a good choice for you!

LOL euphony I PM'd her with it so you don't have to hear LOL.....Thank you!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Very pretty, shapes your face nicely.

Hi shanarana, thanks!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I actually like that cut on you, which surprises me because I usually don't like that style much. But it looks good on you! Maybe because your color is so amazing and your hair so healthy! ;) Now....I'm off to see what kind of toys you've still got for sale! :)

Thanks! I like it a lot.....I take good care of my hair whether it's short or long......:)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I like the cut. It looks easy to care for and trendy.

Hi Emeraldjoy thanks....it is very easy to care for! :)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
It looks cool, I like it. And you can tie back the sides if they get annoying...

HI wanderer, thanks....yes, I can still do that....heck, I can still do a number of updos too.....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM
It's very cute, I like it a lot

Hi Sakura, thank you!!!!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Wow! That's a really cool cut! I like it on you! :)

Hi azsweetie.....thanks!!!! :)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Thanks for answering the question, and I'm glad you're still around.

Thanks spidermom....

I want to clarify too (I didn't make it clear enough to me in my previous post) that it's not long hair that I feel is frumpy, it was ME.....I've put on some weight again and it was affecting me but MAN those headaches.......:flowers:

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Very trendy, and versatile too.
I think the style does benefit from your very healthy, shiny, thick hair, as Prosperina mentioned before (as well as others!).
Have fun with it!!! :cheese:
Jess :flower:

Hi Jess, thank you so much! :)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:37 AM
You totally fooled me at first, haha. I looked at the both front pictures and saw no change til I saw the side pictures. Its different and very stylish, I wouldnt dare to do it on myself since Im saving all the lenghts of my hair but if you feel good about it, then go for it and embrace it.

Hi MissHair, thank you.....LOL I was wondering if I'd fool anyone.....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Looks totally cute and fun. :D And man... amazing thickness and shine you have! Keep up the good work! :)

Hi Momma smurf :waving: thanks! I meant to tell you your curls are looking wonderful too and so long.....:)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Gretchen, you beat me to it! First glance at the pics, I thought "Chelsia's hair!"
You definitely could have done worse. :D
Congrats on the new 'do.

Hi Cinnamon, my fellow KYan.....thanks! :)

Emme76
April 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Hey!
I like your hair - very shiny and healthy! I think it looks very nice on you. We all have to remember that we do have different personalities and what some like, others donīt...otherwise we would all look the same and that would be a bit borring :)!!!!
So I agree with Gaelic Girl - that this forum is so much more and gives great support to everyone - nomatter the length or if you get a cut and so on. If you want to take care of your hair, make it healthy, support others and learn from others...this is a great place. I still have very short hair...trying to grow it long and I feel very welcome here...and I want everyone else to feel the same way!:D

So you go girl!
/Emme

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I actually like it! Granted, I was shocked when I saw the profile pic! But it suits you, I think. I've had a cut something like this before, not as long in the front though. It was an angled bob, and I loved it. It was *wash and go* and so easy for me. I'm glad that you're happy with the cut and thank you for sharing here.

You never know when you'll decide to grow long again. And until then, glad you're going to stick around LHC!:flower:

Hi Paniscus! :waving: I think it suits me too....and it's very easy. Thanks a lot....I'm sure I'll grow again sometime.....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:50 AM

I feel I need to respond here.

I still feel like a longhair. Neither my identity nor my confidence are based on the length of my hair. I'm still a longhair at heart. I am a longhair enthusiast. In the 2 years plus, 3000 or so posts that I've been here, there have been many who have posted that they cut their hair and said their last goodbyes who were told "no, please don't go, there's room here...." I've supported and been supported by the people here many times.

As for abuse and rejection, NO ONE faces more of that on a daily basis than a stylist. As a stylist I've been pressured and criticised DAILY by the people in my chair, the people I work with, and the other managers in my area (I manage a salon as well as do hair) and many others irt to cut, but I didn't let it get to me.....I have learned not to let others push me into doing what I feel is right for my hair. I didn't even tell the other managers I did it, I just showed up at our last managers meeting with it cut and surprised everyone. And truly, no matter what length my hair is I'm criticized. If it's long I'm pressured to cut by my family that like short hair, and if it's short I'm pressured to grow by the members of my family that like long hair. I'M the one who has to be happy with it. This was for ME, no one else. No one held me down and forced me to cut it. But I'm still a longhair at heart. And with finer hair, you can't understand the headaches I had. They were very painful.

You don't know me, I understand that. As a child my hair was classic length. As a teen it was BSL or longer. As an adult it's been as short as 1" everywhere and as long as past my waist. So I can empathize with everyone at just about every length of hair.

The point I'm trying to make is, it's MY hair. But that doesn't mean that I don't belong here.

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:51 AM
I'm not really fond of hair cuts like that, but if you like it, then it doesn't matter.

I'm sure it'll be nice for the upcoming warmer months though.

Hi Caitybear....yep it will be....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:52 AM
rymorg!!! There you are!!!! :cheer:

I missed your posts!!!

Hi intothemist!!!! :waving: Yep, I'm still here and posting, but very very busy with work.....THANKS!!!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:53 AM
What a brave and drastic step you took! I think you look great! Your hair is so shiny and pretty. What do you do to it to get that gorgeous shine?

Hi Heather! Thanks! I take really good care of it, but I do use cones because my hair likes them......right now I'm using Paul Mitchell's new shampoo and conditioner in Lavendar Mint.

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:55 AM

Hi Lisa....thanks.....I just posted as well.....and thanks for the complement! I always take good care of my hair. :)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Hi Gaelic Girl....thank you I completely agree......and thanks for the complements! As for lynchings....

:rollin:

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I have to say this thread has been bugging me all day long, but I decided not to post anything else in it because I felt like rymorg2 was handling it with such class and dignity. I just couldnt keep quiet any longer. OhioLisa you took the words right out of my mouth

WOW thanks Missy.....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:58 AM
I think the cut is very cute!! I had a similar one before Christmas, but got lazy and ended up evening it out as it didn't look so great when I didn't straighten it. It looks gorgeous on you though!!

Hi Iliketreefrogs...I do too btw......thanks! My wave makes it look alright when it's left alone so I don't have to straighten it if I don't want to....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 05:59 AM

Thanks almudena.......on all counts.....:flowers:

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Amen to that!!

Rygmor02, I think your hair looks great. I wish my hair was as healthy and shiny as yours.

Hi Sandrak.....thanks! I use a lot of moisturizing products (can we say conditioner is my friend?) because my hair is pretty dry......

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Hey!
I like your hair - very shiny and healthy! I think it looks very nice on you. We all have to remember that we do have different personalities and what some like, others donīt...otherwise we would all look the same and that would be a bit borring :)!!!!
So I agree with Gaelic Girl - that this forum is so much more and gives great support to everyone - nomatter the length or if you get a cut and so on. If you want to take care of your hair, make it healthy, support others and learn from others...this is a great place. I still have very short hair...trying to grow it long and I feel very welcome here...and I want everyone else to feel the same way!:D

So you go girl!
/Emme

Hi Emme! :waving: and welcome to the LHC! I remember when I first came on here my hair was pretty short too....and I felt welcomed as well. Thanks! :)

Kittee
April 4th, 2008, 06:21 AM
It looks very shiny and healthy!

Nat242
April 4th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Rymorg - your hair looks great! I adored your longer locks, so I must admit being disappointed back (ages ago) when you said you wouldn't grow to classic - just because I wanted to *see*!!! - but this cut is cute and stylish and I hope you enjoy it!

-- Natalie

P.S. The way you have handled yourself on this thread shows impeccable grace.

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:52 AM
It looks very shiny and healthy!

Hi Kittee, thank you! :flower:

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Rymorg - your hair looks great! I adored your longer locks, so I must admit being disappointed back (ages ago) when you said you wouldn't grow to classic - just because I wanted to *see*!!! - but this cut is cute and stylish and I hope you enjoy it!

-- Natalie

LOL....imagine those headaches Natalie.....but thank you on both counts......

intothemist1999
April 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM

I second that!! A very gracious lady!!

(Much more restrained than *I* would have been! :evil: :D )

Leisha
April 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Nice! I actually love those more "special"/hip/trendy/.. (I can't find the exact word) haircuts :) that might sound weird coming from someone who hasn't set foot in a hair salon for ten years or so :lol: , but it's true.

I like looking in "Hair" magazines and websites as well, even if it's stuff I wouldn't do myself right now (eta: I did try on Victoria Beckham's "Pob" hairstyle on myself on this (http://www.instyle.com/instyle/makeover)website and I quite liked it so maybe, someday ;)), I don't think there's anything wrong with it!

I'm glad you're happy with it, Rymorg2!

Gaelic Girl
April 4th, 2008, 12:52 PM

I third that! I'm very glad to know you rymorg2.

LisaButz2001
April 4th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Rymorg2,

I must be dense; I've scrutinized the pics and I cannot figure out how you do updos now. I thought this cut was a variation of the Victoria Beckam bob. I read your longer reply and I was curious about several things. (1) As a child, with past classic length hair did you have headaches, or have these only just begun occuring as an adult? (2) If you, as a stylist, are pressured by your fellow professionals about your hair, how on earth did you find one you trusted to cut your hair for you?

I second everybody who has commented on how sweet and helpful you are, having sought advice from you. The cut does accentuate your thickness and shine. I personally would balk at having hair that short, but I can appreciate beauty and what I would dislike on myself in no way correlates with how beautiful that style looks on another person (namely you)

Feel free to PM me about my earlier questions if you'd rather not respond with a public post.

wishfulthinking
April 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
The cut is gorgeous on you. I can completely understand about the headaches. Everytime I grow my hair long (BSL or longer), I get intense headaches from the weight of it. Then I cut it short then grow it then cut it short then grow it, etc. I am currently growing it again (can't learn my lesson) since I no longer have to wear it up all the time (I used to work FT as a nurse and had to wear my hair up).
Your hair is SO SHINY!!!!!!!!!!

Pegasus Marsters
April 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I'm astounded at the grace with which you have conducted yourself in this thread, Rymorg. Let's just say I would not have behaved anywhere near as well as you have.

Your hair looks great. I love the new cut and considered something similar for myself but i have too many curls and I'm too lazy to use a straight iron, haha.

Lamb
April 4th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I don't think it's right to imply that someone should not be here because she decided to cut. Rymorg2 has been here for quite a while and has made many dear friends (myself included). She supports others in their growing journeys and has plenty of useful information to share. She has every right to stay, even if she decided to shave her head. Not all of us base our entire identity around having long hair. And I see no abuse or rejection here... at least not from rymorg2, anyway.

Agreed. Rymorg, I for one love your new cut! Honestly. It is stylish and looks very easy to maintain. I would trade length (which I don't have yet anyway :shrug:) for the shine and thickness of your hair any day.

TheHippieChick
April 4th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Girl your cut is so great! I can imagine some sweet and stylish clips pulling back your sides when you go out...so many cute things you can do with it! You have "The Best of Both Worlds" cut! I really like it and wish I had the nerve...:D
My thoughts on peoples conduct have already been stated perfectly,so I will say no more except that I am really happy to know you and Congratulations! I will think of you this summer when I am pulling hair of my sweaty neck! Have a great night!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I second that!! A very gracious lady!!

(Much more restrained than *I* would have been! :evil: :D )

Thank you......:oops:

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Nice! I actually love those more "special"/hip/trendy/.. (I can't find the exact word) haircuts :) that might sound weird coming from someone who hasn't set foot in a hair salon for ten years or so :lol: , but it's true.

I like looking in "Hair" magazines and websites as well, even if it's stuff I wouldn't do myself right now (eta: I did try on Victoria Beckham's "Pob" hairstyle on myself on this (http://www.instyle.com/instyle/makeover)website and I quite liked it so maybe, someday ;)), I don't think there's anything wrong with it!

I'm glad you're happy with it, Rymorg2!

Hi Leisha!!! :waving:

Nope, doesn't sound wierd to me at all.....and thanks!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I third that! I'm very glad to know you rymorg2.

AWWW Thanks GG! I'm very glad to know you too! :)

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Rymorg2,

I must be dense; I've scrutinized the pics and I cannot figure out how you do updos now. I thought this cut was a variation of the Victoria Beckam bob. I read your longer reply and I was curious about several things. (1) As a child, with past classic length hair did you have headaches, or have these only just begun occuring as an adult? (2) If you, as a stylist, are pressured by your fellow professionals about your hair, how on earth did you find one you trusted to cut your hair for you?

I second everybody who has commented on how sweet and helpful you are, having sought advice from you. The cut does accentuate your thickness and shine. I personally would balk at having hair that short, but I can appreciate beauty and what I would dislike on myself in no way correlates with how beautiful that style looks on another person (namely you)

Feel free to PM me about my earlier questions if you'd rather not respond with a public post.

Hi Lisa....I'll answer you here.....

Yes, it is a variation on the posh bob. I used to have my hair shorter than this and could do some messy updos. This particular one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/christmashair.jpg
was done with my hair being only an inch or so longer in the back than now. Granted, it took a lot of bobby pins.....:twisted: and I've done other such updos too. I obviously won't be able to use hair toys to HOLD the style but they can accentuate it for sure.

As to your questions....1. Nope, no headaches as a child, only started as an adult, and only THIS time with long hair. This is the first time I've ever struggled with the headaches. I know others who have, and never had that happen to me. and 2. I know this stylist well, I work with her daily and she doesn't criticize me at all. There are several like that at my salon, but many more than that who do criticize me daily. It was my choice-the shoulder length cut was done by her too. I just lucked out I guess.

Thanks and I hope that answers your questions....

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:58 PM
The cut is gorgeous on you. I can completely understand about the headaches. Everytime I grow my hair long (BSL or longer), I get intense headaches from the weight of it. Then I cut it short then grow it then cut it short then grow it, etc. I am currently growing it again (can't learn my lesson) since I no longer have to wear it up all the time (I used to work FT as a nurse and had to wear my hair up).
Your hair is SO SHINY!!!!!!!!!!

LOL wishful....I do that just because. Thanks!!!!

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I'm astounded at the grace with which you have conducted yourself in this thread, Rymorg. Let's just say I would not have behaved anywhere near as well as you have.

Your hair looks great. I love the new cut and considered something similar for myself but i have too many curls and I'm too lazy to use a straight iron, haha.

HI PEGS! :waving:

Thank you! LOL on the curls......I'm back on the cones so my wave is tamed some......

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Agreed. Rymorg, I for one love your new cut! Honestly. It is stylish and looks very easy to maintain. I would trade length (which I don't have yet anyway :shrug:) for the shine and thickness of your hair any day.

Awww, Lamb....thanks.....your hair is so much longer though, last time I saw it......you'll get there. :) :flower:

rymorg2
April 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Girl your cut is so great! I can imagine some sweet and stylish clips pulling back your sides when you go out...so many cute things you can do with it! You have "The Best of Both Worlds" cut! I really like it and wish I had the nerve...:D
My thoughts on peoples conduct have already been stated perfectly,so I will say no more except that I am really happy to know you and Congratulations! I will think of you this summer when I am pulling hair of my sweaty neck! Have a great night!

Hi HippieChick! Yep, I can't wait to get some ficcare clips (the minis) for that purpose......:D Thanks and I'm happy to know you too (and don't be surprised if I contact you for a short fork or two....:)

LisaButz2001
April 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Hi Lisa....I'll answer you here.....

Yes, it is a variation on the posh bob. I used to have my hair shorter than this and could do some messy updos. This particular one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/christmashair.jpg
was done with my hair being only an inch or so longer in the back than now. Granted, it took a lot of bobby pins.....:twisted: and I've done other such updos too. I obviously won't be able to use hair toys to HOLD the style but they can accentuate it for sure.

As to your questions....1. Nope, no headaches as a child, only started as an adult, and only THIS time with long hair. This is the first time I've ever struggled with the headaches. I know others who have, and never had that happen to me. and 2. I know this stylist well, I work with her daily and she doesn't criticize me at all. There are several like that at my salon, but many more than that who do criticize me daily. It was my choice-the shoulder length cut was done by her too. I just lucked out I guess.

Thanks and I hope that answers your questions....

Rymorg2,

Thank you for your answers. I remember seeing and admiring that picture before. All I can say is, WOW! You are really talented because I never would have known that was created with short hair. It reminded me of a french twist, but rather than containing everything in a smooth coil, I just figured you'd opted for the fluffy, frothy effect on top to make it unique. I didn't think it was messy. On me it would have looked messy, since my hair is stick straight and the weight would have made the ends droop/wilt/hang straight over the twist portion (I'm not sure how best to descibe it) Would you consider taking a job over here? Pretty Please? My hairdresser has moved back to England and I could really use a self-confessed long hair friendly stylist with your skill.

rymorg2
April 5th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Rymorg2,

Thank you for your answers. I remember seeing and admiring that picture before. All I can say is, WOW! You are really talented because I never would have known that was created with short hair. It reminded me of a french twist, but rather than containing everything in a smooth coil, I just figured you'd opted for the fluffy, frothy effect on top to make it unique. I didn't think it was messy. On me it would have looked messy, since my hair is stick straight and the weight would have made the ends droop/wilt/hang straight over the twist portion (I'm not sure how best to descibe it) Would you consider taking a job over here? Pretty Please? My hairdresser has moved back to England and I could really use a self-confessed long hair friendly stylist with your skill.

Hi Lisa.....THANKS! :flowers: I love messy updos. They don't have to be precise. :twisted: But I don't mean that they necessarily look "messy".....they're just not neat and smooth. I know exactly what you're describing LOL.....sigh.....as for moving......how's the cost of living there? :twisted:

Neon Gloss
April 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
It's cute, but I definitely think it'd be better longer, and not with the hunk of length in the front and the major shortness in the back. =)

ladystar
April 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
It looks great on you.

OhioLisa
April 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM
It's cute, but I definitely think it'd be better longer, and not with the hunk of length in the front and the major shortness in the back. =)

From Merriam-Webster: "tact (noun) - a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense"

rymorg2
April 6th, 2008, 06:00 AM

It's cut that way on purpose; it's all even I promise.

rymorg2
April 6th, 2008, 06:00 AM
It looks great on you.

Thank you ladystar! :)

LisaButz2001
April 6th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Thank you OhioLisa. When I read the post you're responding to last night, 2 adjectives came to mind-blunt and harsh! I thought perhaps I was being overly critical, but seeing another member express the sentiment says otherwise.

icydove
April 6th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Spring fever is in the air, can't you tell :rolleyes:

I re-read Blueglass' post, and I don't take it that she is saying rymorg2 doesn't belong here. I just took it to mean, in general, a long hair community is going to prefer long hair :shrug: It even seemed more like an apology for some of the negative comments.

When you post pictures of yourself on a new thread on the Mane Forum, it is opening yourself up for major amounts of feedback, good or bad. I don't think it was "wrong" for anyone to say that they didn't like the cut (although sometimes it helps to be gentle). If rymorg2 would have done the same thing on her blog and didn't ask for comments specifically (like how do you like it), I think "negative" comments would have been a little awkward.

rymorg2, you belong here as much as anyone, and I'm glad you are happy with your hair :)

Siamese
April 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
rymorg, I hope you don't mind me saying... it was the title of the thread that I felt had an impact for me and not the photos of your new style at all.

I have to admit I cringed a little when I saw a thread titled "Big Chop pics as promised!!!!!" on LHC. I wasn't sure what I'd be finding behind all those exclamation marks. lol :scared:;)

Fee
April 6th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I think it actually suits you pretty well,rymorg.It's a nice,cool,fresh cut,enjoy!:cheese:

WendyJo
April 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Rymorg! I've gone a long time, but just stumbled on this post and wanted to comment!

I think it looks nice on you and the condition of your hair looks amazing! I bet it is so much fun!!! I just went and got my hair trimmed, it had been almost two years since I had, and was soooo tempted to do something shorter. If I still worked in a salon I'm sure I would, it is too hard to be around fun hairstyles and scissors all day and let your own grow!

Anyway, HI! :)

Beldaran
April 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
I think it looks cute on you. I like the faux length look from the front. :D

Also, just a helpful note, there is a multiple quote feature, so you can reply to everyone in one post rather than the tedious act of replying to each post with a new individual post. Just click the "quote +" button on each post you want quoted, then the "reply" button at the bottom left.

paper
April 24th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Glad you like your new haircut. Looks fun! You have very pretty shiny hair. Oh, and I love that messy updo you did. Very pretty. My hair just hitting my shoulders. I will have to start practicing those. :D

SHELIAANN1969
April 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM

Also, just a helpful note, there is a multiple quote feature, so you can reply to everyone in one post rather than the tedious act of replying to each post with a new individual post. Just click the "quote +" button on each post you want quoted, then the "reply" button at the bottom left.

Thanks for that info, I am such a multi-quote retard, I could NOT for the life of me figure out how that worked!! yayyyy....I am goung to try it soon!!

I kept clicking quote+ on ONE message awhile back and it got me nowhere, now I see why!! hehehe rofl

SHELIAANN1969
April 24th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I am just seeing if it worked!! Thanks again

SHELIAANN1969
April 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks for that info, I am such a multi-quote retard, I could NOT for the life of me figure out how that worked!! yayyyy....I am goung to try it soon!!

I kept clicking quote+ on ONE message awhile back and it got me nowhere, now I see why!! hehehe rofl

OOOOOk, now I see, I am sorry if I am taking up extra space on here, I just had to see what i did wrong duhhhhhhh.

Patrycja
April 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
awesome hair cut.I had something similar to that quite awhile back but you rock it much better than I did.Glad you like it!

Violeta
April 24th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Wow, that looks really good on you!