PDA

View Full Version : Hair Huggers?

Natalia
April 6th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I saw an avie or siggie picture on here while i was reading a post and have been meaning to post about it since. Does anyone else use these? Are they considered "safe". I got two as a gift probably 4 years ago but back then they only came in one size and were much to much for my fine hair even if i piled it all under there. I started searching around after i saw the pic and it seems they come in sizes for children or fine haired people like me :D.

I gave mine away so i dont have them to look at anymore but would be very interested on everyones input and experiance with these cute little gadgets :).

LovingLife
April 7th, 2009, 07:55 AM
May you elaborate on this? Because I haven't seen it, I'll be watching though.

Natalia
April 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Hmmm im not really sure how to elaborate so i'll let some pictures do the talking. There are the original size that are to big for me but maybe good for the thick haired or curlies :).

http://www.qvc.com/qsearch/search.aspx

The best i can describe then is to say that they are two contoured wire hair combs connected by stretchy webbing that is covered in stones and beads. I hope this helps <3

manderly
April 7th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I don't think the photo you linked is what you think it is ;)

I think you're talking about butterfly combs? Like this?

http://africanbutterfly.com/

There are different styles and brands, and several members enjoy them. I believe if you search the site for butterfly combs you'll find more :flower:

Natalia
April 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Oh dear Manderly your right! I dont know how that happened i clicked the link after i posted and it was fine, go figure this internet? Yes it is very similar to what you posted. The version i used to have has coated wire combs with much finer netttin with smaller beads. I will try the link again.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A09558.desc.Hair-Hugger-Set-of-2-Beaded-Hair-Combs

carinkla
April 8th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I have some african butterfly types but they cant hold my hair anymore but when I look at the teeth of these I thing they are more for decoration then hold since the teeth look they wil bend very easily

Fairlight63
April 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I don't have the one that you linked to but something like it - called Hairzing.
I have the same problem with mine that the reviewers had of the Hair hugger. I have a hard time keeping it in my hair. I have fine, thin hair about 23" long & when I put it in it stays in for a few min. but then works its way out.
I wonder if the African Butterfly would work better in my hair? they look very pretty!

Natalia
April 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hmm i didnt think of the teeth when it comes to the hold issue, i could see that happening even with the smaller size. Since this thread and another on the africal buterflies i have found so many alternatives maybe one of them will work better :). Thanks everyone!

pilateschick7
April 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I have the African butterfly type hair toy, It was so cheap at Bed Bath and Beyond that I could not resist. I definitely have to reinforce it, using it more for decoration because the bead work does not seem very sturdy. However, it is cute.