PDA

View Full Version : Question about circumference

Blueglass
April 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
I know this has been discussed resently so I sorry to bring this up again but, I want to make sure I've got circumference correct. When all of my hair is in a braid, my circumference is one and a half inch at top. When I put a thread around my pony at top the thread can be strenghted out to four inchs and doubles at close to one and a half inch. I have seen some very small braids here that are definately i's but mine looks very average to me. So am I a i or a ii?

Anje
April 3rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
The pony measurement is probably the preferred one, since you have hair crossing hair that can (theoretically) bulk up a braid. Therefore, tight braids have greater circumferences than loose ones. Keep messing with measuring -- getting circumferences can be tricky, so what most of us tell is a rough average over a lot of measurements.

More pictures of updos and braids might help other people say "you're a ii" or "you're a i" better than the hair down in your sig. I'd say you look ii-ish, but I'm frequently wrong about guestimating thickness from shots of loose hair.

eadwine
April 3rd, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'd say measure the way I learned was the official way. If it changed, let me know.

Make a ponytail in the midback of your head, and tie it off with a band. Measure the circumference right behind the tie and with that result you can see if you are i or ii.