PDA

View Full Version : Who else does the spring test?

Heavenly Locks
April 4th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Before I tried the CO for a month, I did the 'spring test'. I found I needed protein.

The spring test is where you take a wet hair, wrap it around both your index fingers (like floss?) and pull about 1/2 inch (or 1.2 cm)...if it springs back to it's previous condition you are all good.

If it stretches and remains stretched, you need protein.

If you stretch it, and it breaks, it needs moisture.

After a month of CO, my hair was springy and happy. :D My last wash, I used CWC with a coney commercial product...now my hair is just snapping? BUT it looks better... :confused: smoother, straighter, shiney and tangle free.

I guess I should blame this on the cones? *shakes head* EVIL deceptive cones!! I am going to go back to CO and see if it improves...I would rather have less 'beautiful' hair for more healthy hair.

Anyone else tried the spring test?

Speckla
April 4th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I did. I learned to not pull too tightly 'cause all hair will snap at some point. :D
My hair is slightly dry and rough right now due to a DT disaster (honey, olive oil, and bananas) but not too bad that some Aussie Shampoo and conditioner won't help.

rags
April 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I have tried this. What I find is that even my individual hairs are so slippery that, instead of stretching, they slide off of my fingers. Even after multiple wraps. I have yet to figure out how to do this....:confused:

jivete
April 4th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I do this with almost every shed hair I get in my fingers. I think I like seeing how it changes from root to tip. The ends of my hair that were dyed and heat styled tend to be super stretchy and more fragile than my stronger, virgin hair.

Nevermore
April 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
It's probably the cones, I got similar results from using Garnier for CO.