PDA

View Full Version : Another "Fringe or no Fringe" question. (pics!!)

Rini
April 4th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Here I go again......I seem to do this every couple of years! Should I cut a fringe or not? :confused:

At present, there is no fringe and I really enjoy the convenience of this. I have gotten used to showing my forehead and it doesn't bother me anymore. BUT......I am having issues with the skin on my forehead which seems to have a pretty much constant itchy rash on it for the last 12 months. :(When it flares up, it is red and using makeup to camouflage it does not help (as it is bumpy too!). Also, I have a prominent vein across my forehead which is becoming more obvious as I age and the skin on my forehead becomes thinner (I'm 36).

In short (pardon the pun), I would be cutting a fringe to partially hide my forehead and I'm wondering if it looks OK? I like both looks, so I need some opinions!!:shrug:

Be honest (and brutal if you must!). I have a before shot of me taken a few weeks ago, then I photoshopped it with what kind of fringe I would have (I was going for side-swept, but it turned out a little more vertical than I'd like!)

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/fringcomparison.jpg

In the before shot, you can actually see the faint shadow of the vein running from the inner corner of my right eyebrow to the left of my widow's peak. I had makeup on, so it's not as obvious as it usually is. :o

Thanks in advance :flowers:

Freija
April 4th, 2009, 03:16 AM
There's certainly nothing wrong with the fringe, but I must say I prefer the 'before' picture! You look much younger without. Mm... perhaps you could 'try out' a fine, feathered, vertical fringe? You have quite delicarte features, so maybe something softer would be nice?

Just my tuppence, anyway; if you had a fringe cut in as above I'm sure it would look fine. ^^;

Tornerose
April 4th, 2009, 03:18 AM
I think you look older with the bangs on. You have a small forehead so you don't really need bangs anyway. If you really feel the need to cover your forehead, you cut try to cut in very thin bangs, maybe? Only a few strands or something.

Tap Dancer
April 4th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I think you look better without bangs. :flower:

Honey39
April 4th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Prefer without - it looks so classic and young; you're so pretty!!

Pegasus Marsters
April 4th, 2009, 03:24 AM
I vote no fringe! ^.^

Lohari
April 4th, 2009, 03:25 AM
I too vote for no fringes. Nothing wrong with them, they look good too, but I just think that you look better without.

serious
April 4th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I prefer without, but agree with others who suggested softer fringe, those could look cute, too.

CrystalStar
April 4th, 2009, 03:38 AM
No fringe, however if you do have one I'd suggest a long fringe that goes to one side :)

pdy2kn6
April 4th, 2009, 03:38 AM
ide say no fringe too, the fringe sort of makes you look older, you look really young and fresh with it back off your face i feel personally. Perhaps you could just check with your doctor about the rash you keep on getting. what is your aim (hair-length wise)? keep us updated on what you decide to do, btw great photoshopping skills :)

OhioLisa
April 4th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I think the bangs cover up that gorgeous face too much. :) Why not try the faux bang style for the days when you're feeling a bit self-conscious. Honestly though, you're so pretty, no one is looking at the vein. Trust me. :flower:

Seraphina
April 4th, 2009, 04:07 AM
You look very pretty either way : ) But in my opinion the 'no fringe' looks the best.But you should do whatever you want to : )
P.S I never would have even noticed the vein if you hadn't mentioned it ! So don't let that worry you.

jel
April 4th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Personally, I prefer the no-fringe look on you, but you're beautiful enough to wear your hair in any style you like!

However, aren't you worried that hair on your forehead would only aggravate your rash?

Unofficial_Rose
April 4th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Another "no fringe vote" here. :twocents:

Heavenly Locks
April 4th, 2009, 04:53 AM
IMO you look better without, but gorgeous with either!

mellie
April 4th, 2009, 05:01 AM
I vote no fringe! Your face is so perfect without them! :flowers: Without fringe, your face seems so lovely and open!

ETA: Also, there is a chance the fringe would actually aggravate the itchiness - I had that problem, and that's actually why I grew mine out!

Rini
April 4th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Thank you so much for all your responses!! ...and so quickly too :cheese:

I think I will just leave it then and not cut the fringe. I really don't want to, it's just that the forehead rash and vein were getting me down a bit today :(

pdy2kn6: yes, I have been to doctors, dermatologist, naturopath etc. and no help. I continue to try different oils and herbs. It flares up occasionally for no reason and can be quite frustrating.

jel and mellie: very good point about the fringe aggravating the rash! I had not thought of that.

So I will continue as I am. I need to get over the small things and hope that ppl aren't staring at my forehead :rolleyes: It is vanity, I know. :o I guess I can be assured that my husband and kids will still love me......ugly forehead or not!

Thanks again....I really do appreciate the honest opinions you have given :flowers:

LutraLutra
April 4th, 2009, 05:26 AM
I would say no fringe too - with light coloured, soft, wavy hair and your face shape I think a fringe doesn't add anything. :) Hope the rash clears up soon.

sklent
April 4th, 2009, 05:32 AM
wow you're gorgeous! no fringe!

Chrissy
April 4th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I haven't read anyone's response yet so I won't be biased. I first of all think you are beautiful!! I see no vain and your skin looks flawless. I know pics can hide things but......I love the no fringe much better. I think you carry it off well. The fringe is just ok to me.

I hope you find what you like and love it!!!

Chrissy
April 4th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Also I have a deep furrow in between my eyebrows. I hate it but have learned to live with it. I can't afford botox and really don't want it. As others have said, myself included you are beautiful. I'm glad you have decided to not put in the fringe.

naturalme
April 4th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I know you've already decided, but another (late) vote for no fringe. Your hair and face are fabulous without covering up, and as a previous poster mentioned, the fringe might aggravate any rash. And I still can't see the vein, even though you pointed it out! :)

Carolyn
April 4th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I like the no bangs look much better. You are gorgeous!

RavennaNight
April 4th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Another vote for no fringe! Much more youthful! And fringe may actually inflame the rash you say you get, a the sebum may clog pores.

Ryanne
April 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Though you've already decided, I vote for no fringe.

Periwinkle
April 4th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I vote for no fringe, though I think that if the fringe was a little heavier than in your picture and more side-swept like you mentioned, then it would look better.

Incidentally, did you know you have perfect eyebrows? I'm very, very jealous.

spidermom
April 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I like the no-fringe look better. Pretty.

Lamb
April 4th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Nope, no fringe is better! You are too pretty for a fringe. :)

FallenAngel
April 4th, 2009, 11:16 AM
No fringe - that's my humble opinion.

GlassEyes
April 4th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe a different one, but not that one. xD;

Plus, there's the added problem that it may irritate your skin more, which I'd think is more important. xD;

marialena
April 4th, 2009, 11:54 AM
The fringe makes you look older. I prefer you with no fringe ( but that's my opinion). You have very fresh and youthful face and so white skin.. I don't see any reason to hide it. :)

Gypsygirl
April 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I have bangs myself and I love them... But on you, I prefer the no-bangs look, I think.

You could try getting a different style, though, if you want to cut bangs. Part your hair in the middle, then decide how much you want to cut. Create a triangle from that point, and make sure the sides are much longer. I hope this makes sense...its kind of hard to explain. The bangs in your picture are a real fringe, and they are cut straight across, so they create two very horizontal lines, and that look just doesn't work for most women. Hope that helps...

Furiana
April 4th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Without. :)

lapushka
April 4th, 2009, 12:40 PM
It's better without the fringe. Maybe you could do just a few tiny threads of loose short hair in front? Not quite a fringe but a few tiny pieces of hair? I think the fringe is way too thick, it covers up your forehead too much.

morguebabe
April 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM
You look younger without it, but I like more with...so thats a tough choice.

Xandergrammy
April 4th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I think you look beautiful either way, but honestly your skin is so gorgeous that it's a shame to hide any of it with bangs.

AmyJorgensen
April 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Another vote for no bangs....but really whatever makes you feel confident.

sagebabies
April 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I think you look beautiful w/out the fringe. I would try to figure out your skin care and finding something that works for that before cutting :)

wintersun99
April 4th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I hope I'm not too late to add an opinion, but I believe NO FRINGE is so flattering on you. I do NOT think you should cut them in. :D

Love your siggy

invisiblebabe
April 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
With the volume at the top, the fringe looks too 80s. I vote no fringe :)

starshinedarkly
April 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
You look better without the fringe, but you'd look good either way. Your hair is so pretty!

jojo
April 4th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I like you without too, but either way you still look very pretty

Carina
April 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
My vote goes to no bangs at all.I think you look awesome with no bangs.Great color and it suits you very well.:waving:.

Speckla
April 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I say, nah, you look great with but younger without.

skay
April 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Little late than never...but I vote no bangs. You look just lovely without bangs.

Here I go again......I seem to do this every couple of years! Should I cut a fringe or not? :confused:

At present, there is no fringe and I really enjoy the convenience of this. I have gotten used to showing my forehead and it
doesn't bother me anymore. BUT......I am having issues with the skin on my forehead which seems to have a pretty much constant itchy rash on it for the last 12 months. :(When it flares up, it is red and using makeup to camouflage it does not help (as it is bumpy too!). Also, I have a prominent vein across my forehead which is becoming more obvious as I age and the skin on my forehead becomes thinner (I'm 36).

In short (pardon the pun), I would be cutting a fringe to partially hide my forehead and I'm wondering if it looks OK? I like both looks, so I need some opinions!!:shrug:

Be honest (and brutal if you must!). I have a before shot of me taken a few weeks ago, then I photoshopped it with what kind of fringe I would have (I was going for side-swept, but it turned out a little more vertical than I'd like!)

In the before shot, you can actually see the faint shadow of the vein running from the inner corner of my right eyebrow to the left of my widow's peak. I had makeup on, so it's not as obvious as it usually is. :o

Thanks in advance :flowers:

Pixna
April 4th, 2009, 03:59 PM
You have a beautiful face (and forehead). I think you look fresher and younger with no fringe. I'm glad that's the decision you made! :D

Rini
April 5th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Awww.......thanks again girls for all your lovely compliments. :o So very sweet :flowers:

I put it to my husband today and he thinks no fringe too, so he knows almost as much as LHCers :D

JessicaVonMaim
April 5th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I say no fringe as well, and your hair is such a pretty color!

Cantabile
April 5th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I vote for the "no fringe" option as well.

You have fantastically gorgeous skin! Adding a fringe seems like such a waste because your face looks so much "fresher" and energetic in the no-fringe photo.

melrose1985
April 5th, 2009, 05:56 AM
You look really good both ways. Maybe get the bangs cut longer so you can wear them to the side or put them back if you want.

eadwine
April 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
No fringe, definitely. You are so pretty, too pretty for a fringe :)

lora410
April 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I like w-out bangs