PDA

View Full Version : Big Chop

korinstuff
April 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
Edited for privacy.

DecafJane
April 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm glad you feel positive about the start of your new journey. :)

Many of us here are in the process of growing out from pixie chops, so you are in good company.

Good luck, and stay sane until it gets longer to pull back again. :)

LisaJaney
April 3rd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Well, it's good that you're making the best of a situation that would leave a lot of folks here in tears. It sounds like you're happy, and that's GREAT!!!! (contentment is an elusive thing, sometimes)

Keep up the good work, take good care of your hair, and we'll sit with you while you grow! We have choclate and cheese, you know! (trying to decide which of those I like best...and it may be too close to call!)

Laurel32
April 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
That is a great opportunity to start over healthy. I have BSL length and I am slowly but surely growing out my dyed and damaged hair.

Best wishes on your hair journey. :D

julya
April 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Growing from pixie is fun! I'm enjoying the process.

korinstuff
April 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Let's list some of the great things about short hair!

1. My head will be cool all summer.
2. My hair dries fast and takes very little conditioner (so I save money.)
3. It won't get tangled if I ride in a car with the windows down.
4. I can do cool stuff like spikes, lol.
5. Healthy start! Healthy ends!

Anyone care to add? :D

RancheroTheBee
April 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Let's list some of the great things about short hair!

1. My head will be cool all summer.
2. My hair dries fast and takes very little conditioner (so I save money.)
3. It won't get tangled if I ride in a car with the windows down.
4. I can do cool stuff like spikes, lol.
5. Healthy start! Healthy ends!

Anyone care to add? :D

You now know exactly how to baby those ends. No guesswork, no tears.

If you want to grow out your natural color, it'll take you no time at all.

Short hair is so fun to touch. :grin:

Hey, I grew out from bald. It was really nice starting over, and the only reason I ever regretted it was because I had bad acne at the time and I had nothing to cover my face with. :o

marialena
April 3rd, 2009, 09:12 PM
You did very well. You wouldn't have good results if you kept the damaged hair on your head and you would had problems if you wanted to use henna or any other natural dye on your damaged hair.
You'll see!! Now your hair will grow faster and you'll see how thicker will seem now that all hair will grow together from the same length.
The goal is not only to have long hair but healthy hair as well.

wintersun99
April 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
The goal is not only to have long hair but healthy hair as well.

This was my thought, when I did the same thing (cut) but I certainly wish that I didn't have to cut. It's good to read that you are happy with your new look and the future is now bright for long, healthy hair.

Juneii
April 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
I'm happy for you, keeping damaged ends don't do anything but further possible damage to your new "virgin" hair.
kudos for cutting it, I don't think I can bear to cut hair hair as short as yours for the sake of healthy hair..

Unofficial_Rose
April 4th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Speaking as one who has messed her hair up quite a few times, it can be such a relief to do what you did. I've chopped off a big mess a couple of times.

At least you won't have to be endlessly trying to repair it and can just let it do it's own thing for the summer!

LutraLutra
April 4th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I've had hair so damaged that it breaks as you touch it, you did a good thing in chopping, your new hair will be lovely and healthy. Good for you. :)

Freija
April 4th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Oooh! In a few months' time you'll be able to pull the back into tiny pigtails! *loved that stage* Best of luck, you! I grew my hair from two-inch spikes, maintained at chin-length for a while in a variety of interesting styles, got bored, cut it short-short again and now it's... second? time lucky!

...though that said, I'm still toying with the idea of cutting all my old peroxide/indigo/henna off and growing with 1/4:3/4 cassia:henna over virgin hair.

AutumnLeaves
April 4th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Sounds like just what I did back in 9/07. It was a good move for me, but then I say that now. I just do not like myself in short hair so the growing process was full of complaints! LOL But now I'm at BSL again and hoping I can finally get to waist and ultimately tailbone...and my hair is all virgin hair again too! Happy growing and your cut does sound adorable!

naturalme
April 4th, 2009, 05:02 AM
I'm growing out from a pixie, too, but not with such a traumatic beginning!

It's definitely worth having nice, good, healthy hair to start with. Good for you!

korinstuff
April 4th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Thank you all for your encouraging comments! Everyone is so kind around here. :inlove:

smilinjenn71
April 4th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Good for you! It's so great that have this community during your growing out stages because you will learn what is healthy and what isn't. That way, hopefully, you won't have to cut so drastically in the future to keep your hair healthy!!

I'm growing out a pixie as well... probably just to BSL though. (if that long) My pixie came about because all I was doing with my hair when it was long was a ponytail. I just kept going shorter and shorter... and loved my pixie for almost 12 yrs! I needed a change though and couldn't really go shorter.:p So I decided to grow out again. It's a trying journey somedays but will be worth it in the end.

Hang in there! It will be long again before you know it. My best advice is to try not to obsess over the growing TOO much. Which of course, is easier said than done. I'm obsessing less these days but it can really get to you sometimes.

Feel free to look through my albums. I've been documenting growth since July '08.:)

spidermom
April 4th, 2009, 09:27 AM
You have a great attitude. Rock that pixie!

funnybunny668
April 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Sometimes you just need a fresh start!
I'm growing out a pixie too, to get rid of chemical hair color.

JamieLeigh
April 5th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'm glad you're happy with the way the situation turned out! :D I'm sure I'd have been inconsolable. It's great to see such a positive attitude here - and the people who posted above me are right; there are a lot of people here growing out from pixie. So you won't be alone in your hair journey! :)

Shermie Girl
April 5th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Keep up the good work, take good care of your hair, and we'll sit with you while you grow! We have choclate and cheese, you know! (trying to decide which of those I like best...and it may be too close to call!)

Paula Deen mixes chocolate and cheese and makes fudge... :D

I wish I had the guts to cut at my dye line and get rid of old henna/peroxide/too strong toner damage. I just can't bring myself to take that much off. :o

KajiKodomo
April 6th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'm happy that you are getting a fresh start. I've done that a few times myself, so I know how you feel! And it's so freeing to get rid of old damage and start new! :D