PDA

View Full Version : Clip on Bangs/ Fringe

sweetbluesky
April 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
After seeing this photos of Jennifer Lopez's bangs, I am feeling inspired because I have the same face shape as she does. She is also my complexion too. Anyway, I like her new bangs a lot, but I don't know if I want to wait several months for it to grow out in case I don't like it. Has anyone tried clip-on bangs? Do they look realistic? Is it bad for hair? Any opinions would be appreciated!

marajade
April 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Youtube speaks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp3CuSFUI38&feature=pyv&gclid=CLqSuIPY1ZkCFUpM5QodXBsnXQ

Wow, its a lot better that I thought it was going to be in terms of blending in.

joyfulmom4
April 3rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Funny you should mention this.

I have been recently contemplating cutting bangs. I feel like they might "soften" my appearance a bit when I wear my hair up. I've been wearing it up a lot and some days I feel like it doesn't do anything good for my face. It seems to severe at my age and with my very angular facial features. I used to have just a very soft, light layer of bangs in front. I could not cut heavy bangs, they would not look good. But I'm thinking light ones, swept to the side a bit.

But my hair is classic length so cutting bangs in it would be a really major, drastic decision. I would not want to do it and then regret it.

So about a week ago, I ordered some clip-in bangs from Doctored Locks. They are real hair. They arrived yesterday. And they were the wrong shade for me. I tried to guess the correct color, but chose something too light and not reddish enough. Funny, they called it "chestnut" so I was thinking it would have a bit of reddish cast? Not at all.

The bangs didn't match me, but they matched two of my dds. So the girls had a lot of fun trying them on and one of them wore the bangs to school today to fool her friends. They are an exact match for her hair. You can't even tell her hair from the clip-in when you hold them side by side.

It *is* difficult to make them look natural though. You have to maneuver the hair carefully to cover up the edge. And the hair wants to lay in a specific direction, close to the head. It's not as easy to style as real bangs would be. The bangs are a little heavy for me or the girls anyway. We have short foreheads, so heavy bangs are not flattering. We have to choose something a bit more wispy and brushed to the side.

I did try the bangs on me and decided that that particular style would not work for me and I would never wear them. Even if I were to get a better color match, the bangs just weren't suitable. It didn't bring me much closer to making a decision about cutting my bangs either.

starla_zero
April 3rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
I bought a clip-in fringe ages ago, it blends well with my own hair, the problem is I don't know how to clip it in and have it look natural!

Babyfine
April 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
I've been thinking of cutting in bangs/fringe, too for the sam reasons Joyfulmom4 listed.
I always had them but I grew them out 3 years ago because I wanted to increase my pony circunference(I'm a fine-thinnie) and I thought it might help my hair to thicken/grow faster.(It didn't) I did cut in face framing layers a while ago but they are now past my shoulders.
I would love to order clip on bangs, but I can't find any that are not expensive- and like Joyfulmom4- the last time I ordered a faux hair piece-I thought I was getting very close to my color( I ordered a clip on curly pony) I had to send it back as the brown was too dark.( and my hair is medium brown)

Brat
April 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
I much prefer fringe instead of bangs, especially if you don't know if you will like bangs!