PDA

View Full Version : At last, a chance to show off! (pic heavy)

Molster
April 3rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
It seems like ages since I posted here - I've been lurking off and on but finally I have a hair-happening to report! :cheese:

A couple of weeks ago I was a model for my friend's hairdressing competition at college. The theme was movies, and she wanted to do an elven LOTR style with my hair. She had to do some suitable make-up too.

Had a great time, and thought you might like to see the results. It's the first length pictures I've submitted for a while too, so you'll see a difference if you've ever looked at my albums.

I promise you, it's all mine! I had a bit of a shock myself when I saw the backshot - I don't have a digital camera, hence why I have very few length pictures. Blimey, it's grown, and I've achieved my goal length of 50" - double celebrations! :happydance:

There's no extensions used, no product (except a bit of smoothing serum) and no heat. It's all braiding, grips, hairpins and a bit of sparkly ribbon.

Enjoy and thank you for stopping by!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/Molsterpix/Hairy/Comp323-3-09_edited.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/Molsterpix/Hairy/Comp423-3-09_edited.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/Molsterpix/Hairy/Comp623-3-09_edited.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/Molsterpix/Hairy/Comp523-3-09_edited.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/Molsterpix/Hairy/Comp123-3-09_edited.jpg

TammySue
April 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Gorgeous! :thud:

lora410
April 3rd, 2009, 06:51 AM
wooow stunning :thudpile:

marialena
April 3rd, 2009, 06:53 AM
Wow.. a real elf princess !!! Gorgeous hair and gorgeous hairdressing. Perhaps it would have been better not to make this make up in your face. I would prefer a more medieval look. Great dress too. Where did you get it??

Fencai
April 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
wow! That's great! And congrats on making your goal!

aries
April 3rd, 2009, 07:04 AM
How beautiful. She did a gorgeous job and your hair is long and beautiful. Grats on reaching your goal length.

Pixna
April 3rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
WOW, Molster!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!! And congratulations on getting to 50 inches -- woohoo for you!!!!!!!!! :toast:

KarenLynn
April 3rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
That's the most stunning thing I've seen in a long while. Gorgeous hair, amazingly intricate style, and I love the dress and what I see of the make-up.

Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on reaching 50 inches! :rockerdud

Tabitha
April 3rd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Amazing look - and how fortunate your friend was to have you as her model! how did she do in the competition?

Anje
April 3rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Oh wow.

Add me to the thudpile. :thud:

eyesofsummer
April 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Wow, that looks very awesome!

Were you the longest longhair in the competition? :D

Molster
April 3rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks for all your kind words!

Marialena - I made it - I make a lot of historical costume. Ignore the nasty lurex ribbon tacked onto the reproduction C15th dress, and matching nasty belt - it was for effect only!

Tabitha - She's been dying for an excuse to get her mitts on my hair for ages! She has the most gorgeous, thick, nearly-waistlength hair herself so I'm in safe hands. She wasn't in the top prizes but she got a commendation. It's a shame because I thought what she had done was way better than some of the winning styles, but they were full-timers, and she's only part time. I think there's a bit of politics amongst the judges... :mad:

RoseRedDead
April 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Truly lovely - you are a beautiful Faery queen!

Molster
April 3rd, 2009, 07:24 AM
eyesofusmmer - by a country mile!! There was one of the 3rd year's models who had hip length hair.

jel
April 3rd, 2009, 07:34 AM
Stunning!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, and your friend is an artist! :flowers: Oh, and your dress is lovely too - where's it from?

Congrats on reaching your goal!

Molster
April 3rd, 2009, 07:45 AM
Thanks - my friend is the real star!

The dress - one of the costumes I have made over the years - reproduction late C15th. It's this one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1037209&l=28e5f70d72&id=640159338

Just worn on it's own, but with some trim tacked on to make it more 'fantasy'.

Molster
April 3rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks - my friend is the real star!

The dress - one of the costumes I have made over the years - reproduction late C15th. It's this one: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1536&pictureid=18204
Just worn on it's own, but with some trim tacked on to make it more 'fantasy'.

Soz for double post - couldn't get pic to work so did link!!

Altocumulus
April 3rd, 2009, 07:50 AM
Wow, that's stunning! How long did it take?

ETA I mean how long did it take to do the style?

mellie
April 3rd, 2009, 07:51 AM
Oh my goodness!!!!

Add me to the thudpile too!

bte
April 3rd, 2009, 07:51 AM
Wonderful!

mellie
April 3rd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Did your friend win the competition, I hope??

sagebabies
April 3rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
wow, absolutely stunningly beautiful!

Phalaenopsis
April 3rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
Wow, that's really elf-like! Very pretty!:eek:

And congrats on reaching 50 inches!

marialena
April 3rd, 2009, 08:03 AM
The dress is fantastic anyway ( with or without ribbons. ) I just saw your costumes. I'm impressed ! You are really talented!!! ( I mean it! ) period costumes are not an easy job and I imagine that you must have had a lot of search to reproduce them... Congratulations one more time!

Tell to your friend that it doesn't matter if she didn't win the competition.These kind of competitions is for gaining experience. The prizes is nothing of importance especially if you take them and you don't deserve them. Her hairdressing is fantastic and has another advantage. Is hand made, with no hair sprays etc and I think this gives double value to her work.

eresh
April 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Gorgeous braiding and hair!
How long did you have to sit still?

FaeryTails
April 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Absolutely amazing!!!

SHELIAANN1969
April 3rd, 2009, 08:50 AM
WOW! Your hair is awesome, oh my. WOW

I wish they had a passing out smiley, that would express my reaction!

WOW, did I mention WOW?

marajade
April 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Wow very pretty! Congrats!

rags
April 3rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
:thud:

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Your hair is amazing!

KajiKodomo
April 3rd, 2009, 09:03 AM
That's amazing! Congratulations! :D

Lixie
April 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Wow, you have some seriously stunning hair! I love the mix of colours, really beautiful. :D Your friend is very talented too!

PurpleAshes
April 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Wow, your hair and the hairstyle are beautiful!

AutumnLeaves
April 3rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Your hair and you are beautiful! What an awesome job your friend did! I am truly impressed!

JamieLeigh
April 3rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
WOW!! :thud:Now that is TRUELY thud-worthy! That looks fantastic!! And I love the waves and length of your hair. I'm glad you decided to de-lurk and share the photos! Hopefully you'll post here more often. :flower:

That's great face paint too, btw. :)

dcmo
April 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
That is amazing...so intricate and detailed. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your picture with us!

Johanna64
April 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
:bowtome: Wow,your hair and braids are beautiful!!
Congratulations.

LutraLutra
April 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Count me in the :thudpile: Wow, fabulous hair, thanks for sharing. :)

janeytilllie
April 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
:thudpile:Your hair is beautiful! I love the hairstyle :D

Oskimosa
April 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
How lovely! The face paint was a nice touch, as well :)

spidermom
April 3rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Oh! Very cool!

AutumnSky
April 3rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
:thudpile:

Wow.
That 'do is gorgeous and intricate....I particularly love the two small braid that loop a the bottom....lovely!

And your length is inspiring! Beautiful, beautiful! Well done!

Spike
April 3rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
From the top of the thudpile--OMG!!!

Great job, both of you!!!

OhioLisa
April 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! And congrats on the milestone! :flowers:

Robinlyn
April 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
So beautiful!!!!!

paper
April 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Just gorgeous!!! :thud:

Sisko
April 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Oh my, quite stunning! Seeing pictures like these almost makes me reconsider my goal length.

JessicaVonMaim
April 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Congratulations on reaching your goal :)

manderly
April 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
How awesome! Your hair is fantastic!

Euphony
April 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Beautiful! Your hair in and of itself is breathtaking, your friend did an incredible job on her project. And from what I can see of the makeup, that is also extraordinary!

Beatnik Guy
April 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
:agape:

vintersaga
April 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
wow. so beautiful. you, the hair, the dress, make up.. everything.:crush:

Amoretti
April 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
How lovely! Even Eowyn would be envious. :thud:

Gumball
April 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
That's absolutely gorgeous! Wow!

Dreamernz
April 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
woooooooooooooooooooooow!

Xandergrammy
April 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Wow!! This was definitely worth waiting for! So beautiful!!

Jessaka
April 3rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
That is absolutely GORGEOUS!

effe
April 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Intricated and beautiful hairstyle. Congrats on achieving your goal length.:cheese:

GlennaGirl
April 3rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
It seems like ages since I posted here - I've been lurking off and on but finally I have a hair-happening to report! :cheese:

A couple of weeks ago I was a model for my friend's hairdressing competition at college. The theme was movies, and she wanted to do an elven LOTR style with my hair. She had to do some suitable make-up too.

Had a great time, and thought you might like to see the results. It's the first length pictures I've submitted for a while too, so you'll see a difference if you've ever looked at my albums.

I promise you, it's all mine! I had a bit of a shock myself when I saw the backshot - I don't have a digital camera, hence why I have very few length pictures. Blimey, it's grown, and I've achieved my goal length of 50" - double celebrations! :happydance:

There's no extensions used, no product (except a bit of smoothing serum) and no heat. It's all braiding, grips, hairpins and a bit of sparkly ribbon.

Enjoy and thank you for stopping by!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/Molsterpix/Hairy/Comp323-3-09_edited.jpg

(/fainting)
(/picking self back up)
(/fainting again)
(/hauling self up on elbow for one last look)
(/dropping dead from envy)

...and that's all I have to say about that. :D

Except this: :thud: :thud: :thud:

camirra555
April 3rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Very pretty! I think your friend did great!

Isilme
April 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
ooooooooh!!! Nice! I love how she made some braids go down to your forehead. Sometimes beautiful updos can be breathtaking from the back but just plainly pulled back in the front.

MountainGypsy
April 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
That is so gorgeous! I love your dress too :flower:

Teazel
April 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Wonderful! Congratulations on reaching your goal. :toast:

wintersun99
April 3rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
OMG - very cool 'do's. I love them!

embee
April 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
What fun that must have been! It's just lovely. Glad you have some good pics of it all too. :)

Angellen
April 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Oh, wow. That's gorgeous, and totally thud-worthy. :thud: Literally stunning. :p

GlassEyes
April 3rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
O_O She did a freaking awesome job. O_O

And you have awesome hair. xD

naturalme
April 3rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Just fabulous! Hair, style, dress.... Impressive! I'd love to see more.

viking_quest
April 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal. Your hair and the hairstyle are stunning.

Silver Strands
April 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Your hair is stunningly beautiful!!
Thank-You so much for sharing.

Themyst
April 3rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
The whole package is just beautiful! I bet you wanted to keep your hair up as long as possible. I wish I had a friend who could put my hair up like that.

SimplyLonghair
April 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Molster! I am glad to see you on, I missed you. :grouphug: and :thud: :agape: :bowtome: I think that your hair, costume and everything looks absolutely lovely! Too bad about the politics making it to where she didn't win. With that hair she deserved to be the winner. But at least you know that your hair was for real!:D

Congrats on the goals and WOW! :thumbsup: :rockerdud

Starr
April 3rd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Wow. . . :thud:

hennaphile
April 3rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
that is really something: hair and style!!

can i come hang out in middle earth with you?

Ndnlady
April 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Wow! Definitely thud worthy! Your hair looks so beautiful!

julya
April 4th, 2009, 12:44 AM
So lovely! Thanks for posting these pictures! I'd love to see more of the makeup if you are comfortable showing your face.

Chrissy
April 4th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Your hair looks fantastic. I was wondering how do you take it out without getting all tangled?

RavennaNight
April 4th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Wow this is the most gorgeous hairdo I have ever seen. I stand in complete awe! And your hair! What a gorgeous color!!!:thud:

redhead_rachel
April 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM
:agape: Wow.

Your hair is GORGEOUS; and your friend is my new braiding hero :)

magpielaura
April 4th, 2009, 07:09 AM
ooooh lovely!

You have a lot of hair to still have a whole load hanging free when so much must be used up in the braiding! I love how intricate it is.:cheese:

Ryanne
April 4th, 2009, 07:29 AM
That is really beautiful!

BittSweetCherry
April 4th, 2009, 09:03 AM
That is amazing in every respect. It's a gorgeous, intricate style that nobody outside of big-budget movies ever seem to try, and what's more it so perfectly matches your hair type and length and shows your hair in all its glory. I think this hairdo was made for you :crush:

Would your friend be willing to give a basic run-down of what was involved? :D I don't expect her to give away trade secrets, but I'd love to know what she did under the 'caged' bit running down your head. I can't believe that so much could be done with our hairtype!! It looks just ... amazing.

Lamb
April 4th, 2009, 09:22 AM
O my goodness this is gorgeous! :thud:

~GypsyCurls~
April 4th, 2009, 09:58 AM
WOW! You have gorgeous hair, and that style is quite lovely! So much hair :)

Congrats on reaching your goal too!

WelshLocks
April 4th, 2009, 10:13 AM
:thud:
wow.

Noctifer
April 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM
such a good looking work your friend has done

EdG
April 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
That is absolutely fantastic! Your and your friend did an amazing job. :cheese:
Ed

morguebabe
April 4th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Oh my gosh how awesome!

skay
April 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Yowza!

Thanks for sharing the pics, Molster. I like how the braids are woven throughout your hair. Wouldn't it be neat if many of us walked around with hairstyles like that these days? ;)

Take care. :)

AnneAdeline
April 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Gorgeous!
I love braids so much, and this style is so intricate and beautiful (as is your hair).

:thud: < me

SchnauzerMom
April 4th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Wow and I repeat, WOW! Your hair looks gorgeous, very elven.

Guenever
April 4th, 2009, 07:04 PM
omg, Legolas go home!! :lol:
this is.. insanely beautiful.. makes me wish I was able to grow my hair that long.. don't think I am, though.

So I'll just admire yours in all its glory! :crush: awesome.

shayly-fyanna
April 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! length looks great and the style is awsome!

congrats on reaching your goal length. perfect elven style.

Ash
April 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Wow!!!! That is awesome looking!

Debra83
April 4th, 2009, 09:43 PM
One order of thudpile and a side of disbelief please!!!

:thudpile::disbelief

Pazita!
April 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
wow!! It is gorgeous! You look like a fairy tale princess!!

Molster
April 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks so much again for all your kind words - I'm very humbled as so many come from long-established and well-respected LHC-ers, many of whom are my own personal hair-heroes! I must emphasize that the real admiration should go to my friend though. She's the clever one - I just sat there and enjoyed it.

I'll have to ask her how she did the 'caged' bit at the back. I do know that the main bulk of it was about 3 braids, with more smaller ones woven and pinned around and across them, plus the ends of the ribbon tucked under. However, quite how she did it I'm not sure! I know she also did some 4 strand braids - the eagle eyed amongst you may be able to spot them.

It did take me a while to get it all out. I did half one day and half the next, but the only tangling was the usual you would expect from removing very small braids from very long hair.

It tangled quite a lot whilst she was braiding too, especially the smaller ones. She's a quick braider, but of course the ends braid themselves when you first start braiding close to the head, so she had to get used to stopping every few turns to unbraid the tips!

If I remember rightly, it took her 1hour 45mins to do the braiding, with another 1 hour 15 mins to put it up.

For those interested in the make-up, there is a face-on picture in my 'Hairum-Scarum' album.

I have also invited her to join LHC. She has fantastic almost-waist-length hair herself, and she's a hairdresser with a conscience, not to mention incredible artistic flair!

Thanks for making me feel special!

Zindell
April 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
WoW! That is amazing! Beeaauutiful! :)

DarkChocolate
April 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Your hair is stunning:) I love all of the braids wrapped around every which way:) How did your friend do in the competition?

nueinsel
April 6th, 2009, 11:12 AM
That is so pretty. One day...

CaliRose
April 8th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Holy cow! Great length!

Arctic_Mama
April 8th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Wow wow! I love it!

ATrixie
July 12th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Awesome hairdo!
I thought it would take much longer than 1h45 to make..

Has your friend joined LHC yet? :)

Xan
July 12th, 2009, 06:46 AM
lovely style and breathtaking length congrats on reaching your goal, are you going to maintain the length there?

cindy58
July 12th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Wow, how did I miss this? You look wonderful, the hair, the dress, the makeup!

Silver & Gold
July 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I LOVE that hairstyle! Lucky you to have such a nice head of hair and lucky for your girlfriend to have you as her model. Thanks for sharing.

LisaB234
July 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
WOW! Your hair is amazing! So beautiful. And the style is gorgeous! I love that your friend used no extensions and minimal product - really shows off your hair. I'm so glad you posted!

coolbreeze212
July 12th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks for sharing these photos!! Your friend did an amazing job, and your hair is just ..... wow!!!:thud:

zen_oven
July 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Another one for the thudpile. :thudpile:

Your hair is just gorgeous and I love your dress! I used to do 14th century costuming.

tigerlily896
July 12th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Wow, that is absolutely stunning! Very nice job, what glorious hair!

may1em
July 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Wow, that's really impressive! Your friend is a talented braider, and with that kind of hair to work with, no wonder it looks so jaw-droppingly awesome!

Also, I've always liked that style of dress, with the V-shape by the waist. :)

Rentlle
July 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
woooooooooooooooooooow :o
that's realy realy gorgeous!!! :o

thankyousir74
July 12th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wow this is beautiful! This is the exact kind of hair style that I would want for my future, long off wedding. I didn't know what to call it (fantasy? elven?) but now I know that LOTR pretty much sums it up, with the oodles of little braids and such. SO BEAUTIFUL!

nucleardelusion
July 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Please add me to the pile of fangirls :) I don't usually go out of lurking mode- but this is a really good reason to!

Isa-belle
July 12th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Excuse me while I :thudpile:
Amazing hair and your do is stunning!

concrescence
July 12th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Wow! So beautiful!

Niphredil
July 12th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Oh my, how could I have missed this thread previously ????
That is truly amazing and also very very unique !
Your hair looks healthy and natural and really well cared for.

Congratulations on reaching your goal length in the meantime !

Oh, and add me to :thudpile:

DavidN
July 12th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Thank you, Molster, for sharing these trying outstanding photos! Those styles are beautiful, your hair is so long and healthy, and the colour is outstanding! Thank you for sharing. (Yes, I am VERY late to see this post!)

nowxisxforever
July 12th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Oh wow, how beautiful! You have lovely hair and your friend is very talented.

SurprisingWoman
July 12th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Wow, this is totally awesome.

Your friend has talent, I hope they did well in the competition.

Your hair is gorgeous. Very pretty.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
:thudpile: That is stunning!!!! :heartbeat

Amara
July 12th, 2009, 12:31 PM
GOOD LORD WOMAN!!!!! That's soooo beautiful... you've just made me think about going past classic to 50" as well...

ZadenWillowfyre
July 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM
No words....that is absolutely amazing. I'd like a tutorial =P

horseprincess
July 12th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Oh wow! that's amazing... =]

Molster
July 13th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Awwwww *blush* thanks guys - It's seems a while since I posted these now, and this morning I've had all these notifications - a real boost for a boring Monday morning.

I feel really humbled and honoured to be admired by so many hair-stunners :D

WritingPrincess
July 13th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Wow. :thudpile: That is simply stunning. Congratulations on 50"!

rach
July 13th, 2009, 05:23 AM
lining up to :thud:
wow!

templeofvenus
July 13th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I am speechless!! your hair is amazing!

tommiefromva
July 13th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Your hair is georgous Great job

Kiraela
July 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM
That is gorgeous, intricate, and very very :thud:worthy

Jessclewlow
July 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
** goes to pic jaw up off the floor....

catfish
July 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM
WOW!!! Add me too:thudpile: You seriously look like something out of a fairytale book.

Dachsdragon
July 14th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

Poppy Seed
July 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Those styles are phenomenal! If ever I get married I would so love to have my hair done somewhat similarly!!

Congrats on achieving 50 too.

Elly
July 14th, 2009, 04:01 AM
omg... this is just amazing! your hair is absolutely amazing!! ^^

Pegasus Marsters
July 14th, 2009, 04:08 AM
That looks freaking awesome!