PDA

View Full Version : Highlights and organic conditioners...

Gypsygirl
April 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
Is it ok to use organic products if your hair is highlighted? I really want to go organic, but my sister tells me not to because I might end up with green highlights??? Is that possible?

lilalong
April 2nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
No.
:D:D:D.

Curlsgirl
April 2nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
The only thing I have heard of that would possibly turn blond a different color would be minerals in the water. I can't imagine anything organic would do that unless it would be something that has a dye release like cassia or henna. I have highlights and I have never had that happen with anything I have used. I could be wrong though. I do use a color safe shampoo that is not totally natural, Paul Mitchell color protect I think it is. I use most any conditioner with no problem.

Carolyn
April 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
I've had high lights on and off for oh about 25 years. I've used every kind of shampoo and conditioner imaginable and have never had green high lights. I did get a greenish tinge when I used cassia a few years ago. I also got some funky color going on when I used to swim in a heavily chlorinated pool. I don't think organic products are going to harm your high lights. That's a new one :rolleyes:

MsBubbles
April 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM
:rollin:

Growing out highlights, organic conditioner works wonderfully for me. No green in sight. I did used to get green tinges when I went swimming in a pool as a child (pre-highlight days), and when I got lowlights put it last year to help my roots blend, the brownish colors turned a greenish shade. Nothing to do with organic conditioner.

Gypsygirl
April 3rd, 2009, 05:25 AM
Thank you! I'm so glad... I don't know where she got that from. I guess now I can go shopping! :o)