PDA

View Full Version : Static!

susan.h
April 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Wondering if anyone has tips to prevent static? I live in Southern Alberta, where it's really dry. Almost every morning, I put on my coat, pull my hair out of the coat, and it's static city from the ears down! :uhh:
Any advice would be great.

Pierre
April 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
I've never been in that climate, but try this: Wet your hair, then when it's slightly damp, oil it. I like jojoba, but other people like coconut or olive. The oil will keep the water in.

dolcevita
April 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
Try a dryer sheet! Like Downy or whatever brand you have. Lightly - and emphasis on the light part! - touch it to your hair and you should see a big difference! Don't rub it on your hair, you don't want those residues to weigh your hair down. Also, rub it lightly on your comb if it's plastic, as that causes static too!

I have Canadian winters to thank for knowing this... going from outside to over-heated indoors!

Anje
April 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
I get more static when my hair is dried out. So for me, doing more moisturizing things for my hair like CO washing, SMTs, and oiling greatly reduces my static long-term.

Also, to help keep your hair from getting as dry, you might consider leaving it in your coat. Or bun it and perhaps wear a hat (big berets are good for this) or scarf over your head and hair in colder weather.

LindsayNichole
April 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well, vinegar in the washing machine can help prevent static in laundry. Does anyone know if vinegar or ACV would help staticky hair?