PDA

View Full Version : expression through a hair style

rach
April 1st, 2009, 03:03 PM
some people may think i'm slightly bonkers but i don't care :happydance::joy::silly:
i decided just for fun. A picture of your hair in what ever form you like and express your self.
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/SDC11245.jpg
paint brushes (kids ones i thought were more colourfull :p ) my magnetic stones thing because i love nature and i like it in my hair because it's pretty. feathers which you can't see very well because its the same colour as my hair because i have pet birds, couldn't stick two cats/hamster and 3 kids in my hair also :confused:

what's your style?

JamieLeigh
April 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Just wanted to give this thread a "bump" because I think it's a cute idea! I've got plans to take a photo just for this thread when I get home, and post it tomorrow morning! :D

Elphie
April 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I think that looks great. I like it!

JamieLeigh
April 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I'm sorry if this pic is huge and blurry LOL. Told you I'd be back with a pic :p My things are: A bookmark (since I love to read), a color-pencil (I love all kinds of art), a fork (I adore cooking - and eating...obviously :o), a toy carrot (I love bunnies, and we have a few as pets), a d20 hairstick (I love all types of gaming, but I couldn't fit a game controller in....), and a French fry behind my right ear to symbolize my 5 "small fry" (kids). :D

And I used a braided bun, since that's my favorite style. I hope others do this too, it's fun!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2615&pictureid=36039

embee
April 6th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Oh if only LittleSnake were still with me.. he'd be the perfect hair accessory!

http://buncombe.main.nc.us/~mbbweb/snakes/littlesnake.html

rach
April 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
lol - brilliant !
cute snake btw

camirra555
April 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Cool thread! My bun is too little to hold anything of substance lol

morguebabe
April 9th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Im going to have to try this weekend...

jera
April 9th, 2009, 03:55 PM
LOL. :D What cool creative ideas you guys have given me. My bun is still too thin for an oak tree, but maybe I can work some oak leaves in there.

This is something to think about. :)

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Gah!!! I can't believe I forgot to put something in that represents music!!! Ah well - there's my Beatles Anthology video collection in the background, I guess that could count. :p

AnneAdeline
April 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Great idea! I may have to try this. Don't know how I'll show my obsession with my cats, though...

joyellen
April 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
JamieLeigh, I have the Beatles Anthology collection too :D

longhairedfairy
April 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
We need one of Nightshade with forks and stuff in her hair because she looks like Ariel in The Little Mermaid!:D

longhairedfairy
April 9th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Great idea! I may have to try this. Don't know how I'll show my obsession with my cats, though...

Well, I've met cats that would grab onto a person's head (like a hat) and start licking.:D

I might be able to get some photos of a hedgehog in my hair...

rach
April 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM
my budgies get the feet tied up in my hair so i don't let them, would look pretty otherwise, lots of colours to choose from :D

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
JamieLeigh, I have the Beatles Anthology collection too :D

AWESOME!! :rockerdud

Hey, look at our hairtyping - we're hair twins! :D

joyellen
April 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hey, look at our hairtyping - we're hair twins! :D

Yay! I hope my hair looks as nice as yours when it gets that long! :cheese:

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Yay! I hope my hair looks as nice as yours when it gets that long! :cheese:

Awwww! Thanks! :flowers: (I love the "when" it gets that long, not "if"! You grow, girl!! :D)

Nightshade
April 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM
We need one of Nightshade with forks and stuff in her hair because she looks like Ariel in The Little Mermaid!:D

I'll see what I can do :eyebrows:

AprilElf
April 9th, 2009, 09:19 PM
What a great idea, rach!
Your bun and JamieLeigh's bun are fantastic! :thumbsup:

I'll have a think about what I can use to express myself in my hair while I'm at work tonight*.
Can't wait to gather some bits'n'pieces and try it! :D

ETA: *I mean I'll think about it while at work, not actually do the bun-expression thing at work ... ;) Hee hee!

JamieLeigh
April 10th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks! :D Rach is awesomely creative, lol. I can't wait to see what AprilElf comes up with!! :drama:

Heavenly Locks
April 10th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I don't know if I could get a horse shoe to stay in my hair ;)

rach
April 10th, 2009, 07:19 AM
thought we could do with a bit of fun and randomness on here, anyway hair's there to play with so why not! :P

Pics please! don't be scared

rach
April 10th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I don't know if I could get a horse shoe to stay in my hair ;) :confused: heavy........ lol

hoof pick? fan of hay stuck in? full of mad ideas me :p

ilovelonghair
April 10th, 2009, 07:31 AM
This only got one thing in it, but I really do wear my hair like this, sometimes it's a pencil, ballpoint or a paintbrush (depending on what I'm busy with):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=35510

Heavenly Locks
April 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
:confused: heavy........ lol

hoof pick? fan of hay stuck in? full of mad ideas me :p

How about a loose ring snaffle and a stick as a hair slide? :) Wish I had one to try with...all my tack is in the states.

http://www.moonrakerqh.com/tack/gfx/o-ring-snaffle.jpg

camirra555
April 10th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'll see what I can do :eyebrows:

Can't wait to see this pic! I love love love your hair. And it does look like the lil mermaid's hair :)

LadyLongLocks
April 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM
here is one holding my favorite comb.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/LHC%20Forum%20pix%20for%20linking/JJJCombBunMay2008.jpg

ilovelonghair
April 10th, 2009, 10:47 PM
How did you get the comb in without messing up the bun?

Heavenly Locks
April 11th, 2009, 01:45 AM
How did you get the comb in without messing up the bun?

It's a chinese bun, I'm going to guess that she put her hair in a ponytail with an elastic and then tucked the comb between the elastic and the back of her head. Complete the chinese bun by splitting the tail in two and looping/crossing/pinning :) I love the way that looks!

rach
April 11th, 2009, 02:21 AM

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/LHC%20Forum%20pix%20for%20linking/JJJCombBunMay2008.jpg

looks stunning :p
heart shaped, look cool with a cupids arrow :D

morguebabe
April 13th, 2009, 08:53 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2924&pictureid=36682

A Ramones CD for my love of music (all)
An Erlenmeyer flask b/c I'm a scientist.
My library card because I love to read.
And a string of shells b/c I love the ocean/beach and outside.

I couldn't figure out to get animals love of food in my hair.

longhairedfairy
April 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
morguebabe, I think that's the wildest one yet! :D

morguebabe
April 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
When I went to go do it, I told my DBF "I'm going to need your help to put somethings in my hair later tonite"
He looks at me and being used to this by now responds "What food from the kitchen are we putting in your hair tonite".
:o:o
I now have to respond "None.....I may need your help to put a CD and an erlenmeyer flask in it." :o

rach
April 14th, 2009, 08:00 AM
morguebabe :bow: well done that one looks fantastic :toast:
great bit of creation! :stirpot:

:p

JamieLeigh
April 14th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I love it!!!! :D

Nightshade
April 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Can't wait to see this pic! I love love love your hair. And it does look like the lil mermaid's hair :)

Last weekend's attempt failed, I'm going to give it a go again later this week :eyebrows:

And thank you! I had a little girl at a wedding reception tell her mom that I had Ariel hair, and it wasn't until I got home I figured out what she meant :lol:

vamq
April 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I love this idea :D
Really nice entries so far, and I hope to see some more because this is fun!

While I'm supposed to study, and while I'm sitting at my desk,
here's mine:

http://members.lycos.nl/criminalplaza/Pictures/Hair/stuff%20in%20hair%20(14%20april%202009).JPG

What I put in my hair:
-A little kitty. because I love cats. We have 3 here, and my boyfriend has 1
-my mp3 player. Music means a lot to me and I carry this thing everywhere I go
-A pink shoe. I'm a woman, and how superficial-I like shoes.
-keys. Those are from my boyfriends house.
-A pencil and a pen. Because I love to paint, draw, and write
-The tiny skateboard. I used to do that more a few years ago, and while I really really sucked at skateboarding, I liked it a lot. The "culture" around it is also nice.
-The stick with the tiny shells on them. Because I love the sea.

rach
April 14th, 2009, 04:24 PM
grrr i need more hair to do this properly . these pictures are :p great.
nightshade can't wait to see what you come up with :D

morguebabe
April 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
VAMG yours is awesome.

LittleOrca
April 14th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Here is mine!

http://www.freewebs.com/tirisfalglade/Hair.JPG

Included in my hair is:

Orca
Paint brush
Sea Shell
Pearls
Beads
Rose
Mermaid Doll
Brass Harp
Lollipop Hair Toy (Made by me, under the mermaid's bum.)
Aqua synthetic hair clip-in extension

I couldn't fit some things into my hair. :(

Unicorn
Crystal
Tarot Cards
Computer (Just too big!)
Mermaid Tail (Again, too big!)

rach
April 15th, 2009, 05:49 AM
:laugh: Sea Shell looks pretty :D

PurpleAshes
April 15th, 2009, 09:56 AM
LittleOrca, I really like yours! :)

JamieLeigh
April 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
WOW, LittleOrca...that is amazing. And I agree - the seashell looks like a great hair toy in itself. :D

JamieLeigh
April 15th, 2009, 10:03 AM
morguebabe, is that cd braided into your hair? Awesome!!!

And vamq, I love that skateboard and the little sneaker. :D

This is such a fun thread! :rockerdud

Nes
April 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Heehee this thread is brilliant!

I love all the entries so far. I might see if I can do one some point this week.

It's very impressive how much stuff we can all fit in our hair.

Nes x

LittleOrca
April 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
The shell would make a great hair stick, if it were not sharp at the edges! I am lucky I didn't cut any of my hair in the process of making this!

fyi, Barbie dolls are HEAVY when sitting on a hair stick in your hair. :silly:

vamq
April 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
LittleOrca, I love your entry. There's so much in your hair! I already thought I put a lot of stuff in my hair, haha

Especially the barbie doll is awsome. You must have really strong hair if it can hold a barbie doll o.0'

I want to see more entries, this is so much fun:)

Nightshade
April 18th, 2009, 12:07 AM
grrr i need more hair to do this properly . these pictures are :p great.
nightshade can't wait to see what you come up with :D

Heh, well, here it is my Litter Mermaid, though I went for the storybook and not the cartoon :)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/SaliceMalkin/Mermaid2.jpg

Included are shells, a pearl necklace I wore in my my mother's wedding, a shell DH got me, lots of shell strands, a stick from a Frau Kohler (sp?) slide, and a Barreis (sp?) Nautilus fork :)

I had my hair in a wrapped bun today, which really killed my waves :(

mellie
April 18th, 2009, 05:06 AM
That's really pretty, Nightshade!

This is a fun thread!

rach
April 18th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Heh, well, here it is my Litter Mermaid, though I went for the storybook and not the cartoon :)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f80/SaliceMalkin/Mermaid2.jpg

Included are shells, a pearl necklace I wore in my my mother's wedding, a shell DH got me, lots of shell strands, a stick from a Frau Kohler (sp?) slide, and a Barreis (sp?) Nautilus fork :)

I had my hair in a wrapped bun today, which really killed my waves :(

very symmetrically done! defiantly mermaid style :p
soo pretty

morguebabe
April 18th, 2009, 07:02 AM
morguebabe, is that cd braided into your hair? Awesome!!!

And vamq, I love that skateboard and the little sneaker. :D

This is such a fun thread! :rockerdud

Yeah I made a small accent braid and pulled it into the hole in the CD.

coppercurls
April 18th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Awesome ladies, just awesome!

AprilElf
April 19th, 2009, 03:14 AM
I love your mermaid style, Nightshade! It's really beautiful. :inlove:

Well, here's mine ... finally. ;)
I did this last weekend, didn't get around to posting it at that time, and then forgot about it.

So here we have a many splendoured bun with:
- a rosette made of movie film (my job, my hobby)
- a small gold baby bracelet (mine, when I was a baby)
- calligraphy brush (for my love of language and books)
- necklace with The One Ring spell from The Lord of the Rings (from my oldest 'online' friends, who I've also met in real life)
- plastic fern frond (for my nationality and appreciation of nature)
- mini-sword with Croatian emblem (for my ancestry)
- tartan ribbon braided into the rope braids forming the bun (for my ancestry)
- 'Arwen' keyring (for my love of Tolkien's LotR, Elves, and Elvish)
- fairy figurine (for my love of, well ... all things fairy/fantastical/mythical)
- the splash of colour below the fairy is a little plastic toy that my nieces like; I didn't realise it was obscured until too late (for being an aunty!)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn253/AprilElf/Misc%20LHC/expressivebun.jpg

I had something to represent my love of music, but I just couldn't place it satisfactorily, so it had to go.

Nightshade
April 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I love your mermaid style, Nightshade! It's really beautiful. :inlove:.

Thank you so much!

Yours is lovely as well :flowers:

LittleOrca
May 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
*Bump*

I want to see some more people get creative with this idea. :)

rach
May 31st, 2009, 04:08 PM
the pics on here are great and are such fun :D

AprilElf that does look complicated and cool at the same time.

sneakybea
May 31st, 2009, 07:30 PM
I did one! It's not as pretty as other peoples, and in fact I just realized you can't even see the braid I left dangling with a silver and crystal hair wrap. Oh well!

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u358/sneakybea/100_0048.jpg

So starting at the top and moving clockwise, the big long thing is of course a knitting needle, because knitting is one of my hobbies.
Next is a pen, because I love to write fiction and poetry.
I don't think it shows up, but there is a ribbon bookmark because I like to read.
The dangling braid and hairwrap you can't see was supposed to represent my love of a. crystals and other sparkling things b. fantasy (because that's what it reminds me of) and c. Renaissance Faires, because my best friend got me this hairwrap there.
Criss-crossing the pen is a hairstick I beaded myself. Making beaded jewelry is also one of my hobbies; this hairstick has a honeycomb pattern and draping dangles with bees on them. Eventually I will no doubt model this stick on its own in the "Wear your hairsticks once" thread; quite honestly I forgot about it!
The blue thing that is wrapped around my head is a headdress for belly dancing. It's really pretty, but does fasten with velcro, so I have to be careful.
On the left side of my head, kind of overlapping the headdress but otherwise kind of obscured is a glow-in-the-dark slug. I went to the University of California at Santa Cruz for my undergrad, and their mascot is the banana slug. I also seem to have a lot of toys for someone without kids, so that guy represents all of them, too. I feel bad that fellow didn't show so well, because how often do I wear a slug in my hair?
Finally there's the other hairstick, brass with spirals at the top, which I got off Ebay. It's based off a Greek design from the 8th c. BCE---I teach and am finishing off my PhD. in ancient history, so that's where the stick fits in!

Phew! That was a lot of work but fun. I gotta say, though, while I had all those things in my hair I was sure the fire alarm would go off, and I'd have to run out to the halls looking like that!

rach
June 1st, 2009, 04:45 AM
that looks cool thank you all for your input it has defiantly been entertaining .

anyone else ?????? ........ come on don't be shy

rach
September 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
bumping up the thread.
who's up to the challenge?
second attempts are welcome ( rach- put thinking cap on )

freckles
September 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
these are amazing! I want to try ... tomorrow maybe :D

yellowchariot
September 23rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I just now noticed this thread, and I've gotta say, All of you are so gifted and creative with your hair! I don't think none of them are silly what so ever! Despite some of the things you all are putting in your hair. I actually believe that if you all were to start wearing these out in public, It would catch on quick. Think about it, you would have everything you could possible need in your hair, next time somebody try a first-aid kit :D! I could see these styles catching on with college students.

ericthegreat
September 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
I just now noticed this thread, and I've gotta say, All of you are so gifted and creative with your hair! I don't think none of them are silly what so ever! Despite some of the things you all are putting in your hair. I actually believe that if you all were to start wearing these out in public, It would catch on quick. Think about it, you would have everything you could possible need in your hair, next time somebody try a first-aid kit :D! I could see these styles catching on with college students.

Ok Mr. French Braid King, now you just know that you have got to create your own 'life story hairstyle' and post it here! :D Maybe add a miniature guitar or a miniature classic car somewhere in there. ;)

yellowchariot
September 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Ok Mr. French Braid King, now you just know that you have got to create your own 'life story hairstyle' and post it here! :D Maybe add a miniature guitar or a miniature classic car somewhere in there. ;)

^ It would be a MASSIVE FAIL! :o, I'm still hair-impaired!

JCFantasy23
September 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Okay this is a dumb idea probably, but I keep thinking of a ball of yarn deco. You could take the end of a hair stick and with some sort of bright blue mini yard form a ball and leave and end piece hanging out, little it would with an actual ball of yarn. Would look cut if done right.