PDA

View Full Version : My growth is slowing!!!

royalscorpio
April 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
I usually average an inch a month. In the past six weeks, I've only grown a bit over a half inch! ACK!! I'm half tempted to slap Monistat on my head now! I can't imagine what happened after normally getting an average of an INCH a month!! *sigh* If this is another part of getting older, I'm going to get annoyed, I don't like this whole bag of youknowwhat that comes with ...okay, maybe not getting older, persay, but I'm sure not in my 20's anymore.

akurah
April 2nd, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hide your tape measurer.

Trust me. :flower:

suicides_eve
April 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
i'm sure everyone goes through this i know i do, there could be several environmental factors that can contribute to the slow growth. Stress, food change, temperature fluxuations all play a part. i guess what i am saying is - don't sweat it ,it happens. with warm weather comming your growth should pick up in no time

jojo
April 3rd, 2008, 03:47 AM
your still growing the average 1/2 " a month so dont fret and 32 is still young!!

Shanarana
April 3rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
I got 12 years on you and my hair is still growing, some months not as fast as others, but growing just the same. Hang in there, I'm sure it's not the "age" thing.

Palms
April 3rd, 2008, 04:12 AM
it could also be that your regime has changed or that you don't exercise or move like before.. because i heard if your exercise regularly your hair grows more and faster.. it happened to me too!!

Silver & Gold
April 3rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
An inch a month has been your average? Lucky you. I eek out the more standard 1/2 inch per month.
Perhaps this slowdown is temporary. I can't imagine it being due to age. I'm turning 49 this month and I can tell you, although things do change with age, they don't change this dramatically this fast.
Hang in there, I don't think this slow down will last.

fluffer
April 3rd, 2008, 04:44 AM
My growth is reallly slow this month, and last month too!

Maybe it is the time of year?

ChloeDharma
April 3rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
Hide your tape measurer.

Trust me. :flower:

I definately agree.

One of the best bits of advice i've seen here since i joined when people get frustrated with slow growth rates is to mostly put it up, ignore it and stop monthly measuring.
It's like that old saying "the watched pot never boils" i went from thinking my hair was about waistlength to realising i was at hip all of a sudden and i'm sure it seemed so much faster because i wasn't really taking notice of the length.

Alaia
April 3rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
Yes I agree with one thing:

Hide the measure.

"A watched pot never boils" after all. :p

Also, bear in mind us average folks only get a half inch a month anyway, so you're definitely not getting slow growth :)

squiggyflop
April 3rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I usually average an inch a month. In the past six weeks, I've only grown a bit over a half inch! ACK!! I'm half tempted to slap Monistat on my head now! I can't imagine what happened after normally getting an average of an INCH a month!! *sigh* If this is another part of getting older, I'm going to get annoyed, I don't like this whole bag of youknowwhat that comes with ...okay, maybe not getting older, persay, but I'm sure not in my 20's anymore.
im in a slow down aswell... i say dont measure... measuring is just going to upset you... my hair slows down alot during the winter months... i always used to cut my hair short before the summer and by the end of summer it would be like 4 inches longer.,.. perhaps once spring comes your growth will pick up? im hoping mine picks up soon so that i can trim my hair without losing alot of length...

royalscorpio
April 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
It's not lack of exercise, that's for sure, I'm up more lately, since my legs are now cast free and I am now crutch and cane free, I am starting to walk more and stuff. It's not from breakage or anything, I measured... don't laugh at me!.. the new growth from where I last colored. I marked down on the calender where I last colored and when some roots started showing, I measured it, and counted back the weeks. I've always colored and still gotten the inch a month, so... ah well. I'll just toss out the tape measure. :) I think the age thing is more how my TEMPLES are going white. :)