PDA

View Full Version : Got my first bun compliment!

Kerynna
April 1st, 2009, 07:10 AM
Okay, maybe it doesn't really qualify as a "compliment", but someone noticed my hair, so I'm taking it that way. ;) I had my hair in a poorly-executed infinity bun that had collapsed on one side and had hair ends sticking out willy nilly on the other and secured with a single stick. When I was leaving choir practice, someone walking behind me said "How do you get your hair to stay in a knot like that?" with real curiosity in her voice. I laughed and was about to answer when someone else jumped in and said, "It's really pretty, isn't it?" and then murmurs of agreement and comments of "I would never be able to get my hair to stay like that ..."

And then the first woman said, "It looks so complicated!" Which made me feel pretty good since it was really just a basic twist.

So, yay! :cheese:

aries
April 1st, 2009, 07:23 AM
What a compliment and pick me up. I would have been beaming which I'm sure you were. Grats on your compliment and hope you get many more. Bask in it and enjoy.

enfys
April 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Have you seen the size of the messy bun thread?

Sometimes it's so hard to acheive and keep a messy style that it gets more attention! Looks like you've hit upon a good 'do.

JamieLeigh
April 6th, 2009, 09:38 AM
That's awesome! :cheese: Sometimes I seem to get more compliments when I'm not trying, than when I actually do try to do something nice. :p

Rohele
April 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
That's wonderful! :)

You gotta love those unexpected compliments.

spidermom
April 6th, 2009, 09:49 AM
It's wonderful to be noticed.

Fencai
April 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
that's awesome!!! I totally would have taken that as MANY compliments!!! Rock on!