PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Scalp

royalscorpio
March 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM
As some of you may have been reading on TBB, my poor scalp did not like switching to a new conditioner, which had cones, protein, and biotin in it. Now, before this, I was trying to be cone free, but my hair was hating it. I was using a natural Burt's Bees conditioner. I had not put it together that the excellent health of my scalp might have been due to the conditioner, since I don't put a lot on my scalp at all. Mostly it all goes on my length, and then I kinda wipe my hands off on the top of my head. Anyhow, my hair was hating cone free, so I switched to something I thought might help my poor hair. Well, as it would turn out, my hair liked the new conditioner, but my scalp? Well, it hated it and I had a serious reaction of sorts. When I say my scalp was raining flakes? I seriously mean Snow Storm. Blizzard. It was disgusting. It was instantly itchy again, big scabs again, the psoriasis got aggravated and flared up. I could not even run my fingers through my hair without a snow storm.

I got a lot of advice on TBB, and ended up treating my scalp with jojoba oil. My head SUCKED it in. So strange. I put some on my ends as well, braided up, went to bed. I gotta tell you, my scalp drank it in. There was hardly any oily build up along my scalp, but you could still see the shine of the oil on my ends. That's how much my scalp sucked up the jojoba. Then, I did something my fiancee` suggested. He said, why not dose my scalp with the Burt's bee natural conditioner my scalp seemed to love and at the same time, use an even different Herbal Essences conditioner that I had just gotten (because I won't even use the evil biotin/protein/cone conditioner ever again! Besides, it smelled like noxema!).

Man, my hair today, feels AWESOME! I haven't stopped petting my own hair all day. And the flakes, which before were falling off at an astonishing rate, are now almost nothing. There are still some, but not NEARLY what it was. This is MUCH more tolerable. So I think I'll be doing another couple Jojoba scalp massages, followed by burt's beeson my scalp and herbal essesnces cone conditioner on my length.

Phew. Who knew all that would take that long to write out?? or even that anyone might even be a little bit interested in learning how I reversed the allergic reaction I got from a conditioner? hee!

Hockeymomof3
March 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
So glad you were able to remedy it! I'll have to remember that!

CaraLynn
March 7th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Congratulations!!! I'll have to keep that in mind....

CaraLynn
March 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
My head doesn't like jojoba oil either....go figure! Specially since its in so many recipes and stuff!

royalscorpio
March 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I'm just happy I figured out how to settle my scalp down!! :)

WritingPrincess
March 27th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I'm glad you were able to fix the problem. That's always a relief when you can do that!

piffyanne
November 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM
My own scalp has been being recalcitrant recently. I'm deciding whether to see a doctor about it. I'm just glad there appear to be cures. What a relief you were able to calm yours down! :)