PDA

View Full Version : Henna/Indigo question

SarieQ
April 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
It's been a while since I worked with the henna/indigo mix from MRH. Do I need to heat set it? My DD is sitting here with the mix on her head right now and I just can't decide whether or not to add heat. Any suggestions?

SarieQ
April 2nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
I ended up not applying heat because I hadn't gotten any feedback. We were doing a hendigo over her old grown out henna and her naturally light brown colored 3 inch roots. The results were so good. She's really excited. Her length turned out a nice deep brown color (although black would have been better--trying plain indigo next) and her roots are like a deep shiny blue kind of like an ink pen color. Now she's wishing spring break was over so she can show her friends. (Her hennaed hair is in the avator on my dog)

Henna Sooq
April 3rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
Glad to hear it came out well!! amazing. I guess people couldn't reply in time. Sometimes late in the evening is harder to reply quick enough.

Lexie
April 3rd, 2008, 10:56 AM
I will say I did use a heating cap with indigo just as I did with henna. Sorry I couldn't be around at the time when you asked.

wintersun99
April 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Her hair color is very pretty, is it deceiving or is it the same color as yours? Anyway, I have used heat and haven't. I'm not sure that it made much of a difference in the end. Generally, using heat speads up the deposit of color on the hair, but it seems like things always get runny on me, so I try just to be patient and not use it. So glad she loves her color!

SarieQ
April 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Her hair color is very pretty, is it deceiving or is it the same color as yours? Anyway, I have used heat and haven't. I'm not sure that it made much of a difference in the end. Generally, using heat speads up the deposit of color on the hair, but it seems like things always get runny on me, so I try just to be patient and not use it. So glad she loves her color!

Sorry, I forgot all about this thread! Her hair was the same color as mine until we darkened it. She wanted something different. Now her length is like a reddish brown and three inches of roots are blue-ish black. Her natural color is light brown. I'll use heat next time we do it and hopefully it will take on her length better. Oh, I just realized it's almost time to do that again!