PDA

View Full Version : S-L-O-W Growth

spiraleeee
April 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Hi! I'm back. Discouraged. I have known I have very slow growth, but now I am convinced. It is more than a year since last I frequented LHC, and I have had No growth whatsoever. Actually, I have these major hair sheds in the fall, and it leaves me with still the same shoulder length hair I had when I last posted in January '07.

Anyways, I think I need to approach this nutritionally. I am very happy with the condition of my hair, which I have never been able to say before, but there is probably some deficiency keeping me from having any real growth. Unless I have hit terminal, just short of being able to catch my hair in my armpit.:confused:

suicides_eve
April 2nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
have you tried incorporating vitimans into your routine? i noticed that when i first starting taking them it helped me out so much making my nails and hair grow a bit faster.

stress is also a good one for making hair not grow/shedding when my mom was going through chemo for the second time around i was so stressed i could literally pull out my own hair in clumps.

Áine
April 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Spiraleeee,

Have you had your family doctor run some bloodwork and dignostics on you, to see if you're deficient in any minerals, immunoglobins, metals, etc.? Many women have a tendancy towards a low number of red blood cells, or even smaller red blood cells... this will impact your hair growth GREATLY. I had this same problem years ago with my hair growth, and addressing it caused a spike of wild new growth. Of course, I am not a doctor, so I should not be dispensing medical advise. But I do encourage you to have a check up done.

Curlsgirl
April 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
You haven't had trims have you? I was trimming more than I realized and that was what was making mine stop or almost stop it seemed. Now I am not trimming at all. In fact I tried getting the scissors out just to do a dusting last night and I couldn't bring myself to carry through with it LOL!

spidermom
April 2nd, 2008, 06:37 PM
If you have NOT been trimming, try getting a tiny trim on a regular basis. Maybe your hair is so fragile that it breaks off. Best to keep the ends fresh in that case; you will end up with a little more growth. Maybe even a lot more growth.

If you HAVE been trimming, listen to Curlsgirl. It's hard to find that balance of just enough/too much trimming.

spiraleeee
April 3rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Stress, for sure. I've had a couple of major hair falls that correlate to stress times. And the red blood count idea is probably a huge part of it. I've been having serious episodes of feminine bleeding that landed me in the emergency room twice in the last year. So there really is likely something in that.

No trims, but also, I think, no breakage. I am actually showing almost no splits at all. I think the hair I have is in pretty good condition, just not really growing. or falling out as fast as it reaches shoulder length, more likely. If I've learned anything on LHC, I've learned how to take care of my hair. I've just got to figure out how to get it to grow.

Really I think figuring out what nutritional support I need might extend my terminal length to a more normal level.