PDA

View Full Version : Is this true about monistat

brown123
March 30th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I have read that some people have shedding after they stop using monistat. So does this basically sheds all the hair that u have grown from using monistat? If it does what is the point of using it? I have heard of other products like Rogaine does the same thing. It grows your hair while u are using it but when u stop using it all the hair you have grown just sheds out. Does it actually slow your growth rate after or during u are using monistat?

DragonLady
March 30th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I quit using Monistat for a month after three months of using it. I've gone through two cycles that way, and today will be my last application 'till the beginning of May.

I do shed a bit more when I quit. I think this is because I don't shed much at all while I'm using it. But, I don't lose all the new growth by any means. I don't shed handfuls or lose what I've gained.

marajade
March 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I was wondering this myself! Come to think of it I did have a little bit of a shed after I used monistat consistently but it wasn't enough to affect my circumference- I haven't really kept up with my length measurements so I am not sure if this has been affected or not. I'm interested to find out others experience with this. :)

Heidi_234
March 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
If you'd shed all the new growth you had while using MN, then most of your shed hairs would be short. This is not true. Therefore the claim that quitting MN makes you shed the hair you've grown is false.
If you shed more after quitting MN then you probably shed less when using it, so you're losing nothing either way.

peachrose
March 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I notice I shed a bit more than average when I stop using it (I take regular breaks) but it seems to average out since I shed less when using it regularly. I was worried about that initially but haven't had any problems :)

chrissy-b
March 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I had a fairly big shed after I stopped using it, but I cannot attribute the shed to the monistat for two reasons:

1. I started using another herbal product right after I quit monistat and the shedding stopped after I stopped the herbal product.

2. It was during the fall and from asking around on the board, many people were shedding at that time.

It wasn't a huge amount, and my circumference didn't change so while monistat may have caused the shed it was not enough of an issue for me to never want to use monistat again.

RancheroTheBee
March 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I shed more on Monistat, probably because of rubbing it into my scalp. Besides, if Monistat cuts down on the shedding while you use it, it just means the hairs that you were supposed to be shedding will all fall later, making it seem like more.

Áine
March 30th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I did not experience a noticeable decline in ponytail thickness after I stopped the Monsitat. I kept the gains I made.

It was true for me that my shedding increased a bit after my last application, but this was not a persisting condition, it only lasted about a week before going back to normal again.

long.again
March 30th, 2009, 07:01 PM
From what I understand, monistat not only decreases shedding but increases overall hair growth so, even if you did shed more, you still added length do to the use. I guess it's like pregnancy in that way, you don't shed as much and your hair grows faster, after you have your baby you shed a ton but your hair doesn't get shorter, it just returns to normal thickness and you maintain the length.