PDA

View Full Version : Confused on what Monistat to purchase

Yedda
March 30th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Good morning all,

I'm thinking about purchasing some Monistat, not for my hair, but rather for my eyebrows in hopes of encourage growth or regrowth where I've done plucking for a while.

When I look at the Monistat options, there are all kinds: 1 day, 3 day, 7 day, dual action, with applicators, etc.

Which is the correct type to buy?

Thanks!

plainjanegirl
March 30th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I don't think it matters. Just as long as it is 2percent or 4percent. I have some of an off that is 2 percent. If you would be interested in a swap of some kind let me know. I have been using it on my scalp but am gonna lay off of everything touching the scalp except for shampoo for awhile.

SmellyJelly
March 31st, 2009, 11:55 AM
I don't really think it matters, I have daktarin 2% which I have only just started to use. I think most people buy the 2% type.

chrissy-b
March 31st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Like what others have said: 2% or 4%. I also wanted to add that I've had luck with using castor oil on my eyebrows. I've been using it *almost* every night on both my eyelashes and eyebrows for a couple of months and both are thicker. I had severely over-plucked my brows and now they look almost as thick as they were when I was in high school so if the monistat doesn't work give castor oil a try.

Yedda
March 31st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks for everyone's responses. This cleared everyting up for me:D

Like what others have said: 2% or 4%. I also wanted to add that I've had luck with using castor oil on my eyebrows. I've been using it *almost* every night on both my eyelashes and eyebrows for a couple of months and both are thicker. I had severely over-plucked my brows and now they look almost as thick as they were when I was in high school so if the monistat doesn't work give castor oil a try.

Thanks for the info Chrissy. We are in the same situation.;)

I overplucked and over-arched my eyebrows for years and now I'm trying to grow them back in and they are nowhere to be found.:confused: My eyebrows are naturally very thick.

I think I will try castor oil first as another member recommended it too:)

chrissy-b
March 31st, 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info Chrissy. We are in the same situation.;)

I overplucked and over-arched my eyebrows for years and now I'm trying to grow them back in and they are nowhere to be found.:confused: My eyebrows are naturally very thick.

I think I will try castor oil first as another member recommended it too:)

No problemo! :)

I think castor oil is the better option. I tried monistat on my brows and didn't have nearly as much luck as I've had with the castor oil.